Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Alt sweetlings will never make a comeback. There was a tremendous row about them last year, when TJ changed their breeding patterns, but it was made very clear that this was The End. You say you are a newbie, so pardon me if I am telling you what you already know, but they came about as compensation for a glitch when a lot of players lost their sweetlings; the spriter - Kila - gave up her alt (which was the black one) to be used as a gift to replace the ones that vanished.

https://dragcave.fandom.com/wiki/Sweetling

I can't see TJ ever doing anything like that again....

2 gen SAs though - I have several, which I got by asking the spriter politely and offering a trade. Never hurts to ask. unless their profile says not to. I will be happy to breed you a couple of 3rd gens after Valentine's, if you want.

ETA ninjaed a bit :D

Edited by Fuzzbucket

37 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Alt sweetlings will never make a comeback. There was a tremendous row about them last year, when TJ changed their breeding patterns, but it was made very clear that this was The End. You say you are a newbie, so pardon me if I am telling you what you already know, but they came about as compensation for a glitch when a lot of players lost their sweetlings; the spriter - Kila - gave up her alt (which was the black one) to be used as a gift to replace the ones that vanished.

https://dragcave.fandom.com/wiki/Sweetling

I can't see TJ ever doing anything like that again....

2 gen SAs though - I have several, which I got by asking the spriter politely and offering a trade. Never hurts to ask. unless their profile says not to. I will be happy to breed you a couple of 3rd gens after Valentine's, if you want.

ETA ninjaed a bit :D

Oh, okay, thank you! And yes that would be very cool if you could do that for me, id appreciate it a lot! 

I checked (not all) Spriters forum pages and they basically all said they really won't accept PMs asking for 2nd gens, so I assumed there are probably only very few that will breed a 2g if asked to. And i sadly never see any trades that would want what i have :D

Hm. If one has an egg totally stuck in the 15 to 1 thing and it stays stuck there for want of another UV, would it die in the end ? (I am actually dealing with this, but I suddenly wondered...)

26 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Hm. If one has an egg totally stuck in the 15 to 1 thing and it stays stuck there for want of another UV, would it die in the end ? (I am actually dealing with this, but I suddenly wondered...)

If it stayed like that until it ran out of time I guess it would. Unless its views were high enough for it to hatch as its time got low, but even then, don't they need one more view to hatch them?

That's what I thought - and it was at 3,800 and change and was at 3 days 22, so... But it hatched now; all fine !

Hey! I couldn't find an answer or missed it but...the encyclopedia is not showing all the dragons I've seen, why is that? I own a lot of the blurred ones. Thank you in advance for your help!

@Luli The blurry outlines mean that you still need to unlock them. In order to do so, you need to look at a certain number of adults, hatchlings or eggs - or own them. :) 

32 minutes ago, Luli said:

Hey! I couldn't find an answer or missed it but...the encyclopedia is not showing all the dragons I've seen, why is that? I own a lot of the blurred ones. Thank you in advance for your help!

The Encyclopedia came out in 2014, and everyone started 'fresh', meaning any dragons you owned before then didn't count towards unlocking the breeds. You can unlock breeds by owning more, or by viewing other people's dragons (hatcheries are good for that).

@Fuzzbucket @Ruby Eyes @purplehaze Dragons don't actually need the view count to go up to hatch, they just need to be poked by a player. A lot of times after unfogging ready eggs I go to their code page and they'll hatch without gaining an extra view, or they grow up after getting an action done on them. Though if it's at 15:1 cap without hatching it probably doesn't have enough views yet despite the huge hole and won't hatch till it goes down in time or gets more UVs. So view cap won't kill them unless they're very very ER, but fogging or total hatchery removal+neglect can.

7 hours ago, purplehaze said:

don't they need one more view to hatch them?

As far as I've been able to tell, no. They do need an impression, but that's not the same thing as the view stat - i.e. it should be enough to open your logged-in scroll view to trigger the hatching or adulting process, even if this doesn't actually alter the stats.

(I am basing this claim on that the same is true for eggs that have been fogged hatching, and, if my memory isn't playing tricks on me, stunned hatchlings whose stun wore off under the 4d mark growing up without their stats changing, on scroll view.)

Edit: Oh, extreme derp on my end, I managed to miss Shadowdrake just said the exact same thing. x_x Sorry! Thought the conversation had moved on. XD

Edited by pinkgothic

Hi just wondering if 'frozen' hatchlings count towards breed limits (i.e. 2 CB Valentine's Day Dragons)? Like if you froze 2 Soulstone hatchlings would you be able to grab more Soulstone eggs and raise those to adulthood?

EDIT: Thanks for the input :).

Edited by LadyValkyrie

@LadyValkyrie: Yes, frozens do count. So no grabbing extras for freezing, not even ahead of the adults.

What kind of undead do Gilded Bloodscales turn into? Is there a sprite for two-headed easterns?

I just saw a black sweetling hatchie in the trades.... How is this possible? Am I going insane? I thought the alt sweetlings no longer produce alt offspring. Maybe I slept too little...

50 minutes ago, nordana said:

I just saw a black sweetling hatchie in the trades.... How is this possible? Am I going insane? I thought the alt sweetlings no longer produce alt offspring. Maybe I slept too little...

They hatch black if the father is black AND it's on a scroll coded to have black CBs. It will turn pink if traded to a non-black scroll though.

(I don't know if it would turn black if it hatched on a pinky scroll and got traded to a blacky scroll though.)

Edited by Ruby Eyes

2 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

(I don't know if it would turn black if it hatched on a pinky scroll and got traded to a blacky scroll though.)

Yes. But only if it was bred on a blacky scroll. Someone with a pink scroll picked up a black lineage that hatched pink for them. They handed it off to me and it turned black when it hit my scroll. 

But if I pick up one that was bred on a pink scroll, it will hatch pink on my scroll. 

Originally last year TJ announced that there would be no more black sweets, but he changed that to make it possible for black owners to continue lineages that they had worked on for years.

Edited by purplehaze

Is there a reason all the biomes are empty?

4 minutes ago, Suzumiya said:

Is there a reason all the biomes are empty?

A too-frequent glitch where the biomes fail to produce eggs at the top of the hour and generally stay empty then until the next hour drop. :( 

I've been unable to create descriptions for my dragons for a day now. Every time I click the describe action, I'm given an error page. Is anyone else experiencing this?

13 minutes ago, SunstonePhoenix said:

I've been unable to create descriptions for my dragons for a day now. Every time I click the describe action, I'm given an error page. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Yes. Tabs commented on that same issue here:

7 hours ago, Lagie said:

Yes. Tabs commented on that same issue here:

It's back for her - try your luck @SunstonePhoenix