Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

On 2/5/2019 at 4:44 AM, missy_ said:

Apologies! I misread the question. I don't know about Valentines dragons. 

What I always do, just to make sure, is before a bred dragon egg gets too old, I click on a BSA Pink and look through my eggs to see which ones can be influenced. :) Just in case something changes!

This. Ever since Mistletoes, I do that with every breed which bred true for the first time.

17 minutes ago, DragonLady86 said:

Guess it depends if you want a 2nd gen or don't care.  a 2nd gen you will have to depend on the artist in question breeding.  Yes some are dropped to the ap, and some are traded.  Some artists may be okay with you messaging them with a POLITE request.  You could also put something up on the trading hub saying thats what you want in return. 

Higher gens:  see above, but more players available to potentially breed them.

Thank you!! :)

Last year's event started on the 8th (12am), so my guess is tomorrow night rather than tonight.

We might get a "Valentine event timeline" post ahead of time, or we may not. Only one way to find out. :huh: 

Edited by olympe

Will preface this by saying that I can't be more specific about the question without censor-evading, so if a mod wants clarification on what I mean they're free to PM me.

I recently got a very vulgar code from someone. I know that leaving naughty-coded dragons unnamed is fine, because obviously the user isn't obligated to name their dragons and they can't control the code. What I would like to know, though, is whether it's okay to breed two specific codes together to make a phrase that would probably get me banned the moment I say it.

I don't mean just combining two naughty codes; people do that all the time. I'm thinking more in terms of a vulgar verb code, plus a code that would otherwise be innocent, to make a pair that together forms a phrase that the wrong person would take as advocating for doing something illegal and very morally wrong. The same question also applies for leaving the bad code alone, and naming the mate to form such a phrase.

The reason I ask this is that I've not seen it done yet, most people are either too scared of breaking rules or too uncomfortable with the specifics to try, and breeding is a deliberate action on the user's part. Thanks.

I'd post this in the name check thread as well...

I would, but since it's referring to codes and not names I wasn't sure it would be appropriate there.

I'll go cross-post now~

22 minutes ago, Keileon said:

The reason I ask this is that I've not seen it done yet

I see it all the time? Naughty codes galore in lineages are kind of a thing, too: https://dragcave.net/lineage/grajk (view at your own risk)

She's nearly 6 years old, and nothing bad happened to people breeding or sharing these, as far as I can tell.

Combining two codes to make yet another word isn't any different from that, as far as I can tell.

Edited by Ruby Eyes

14 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

I see it all the time? Naughty codes galore in lineages are kind of a thing, too: https://dragcave.net/lineage/grajk (view at your own risk)

She's nearly 6 years old, and nothing bad happened to people breeding or sharing these, as far as I can tell.

Combining two codes to make yet another word isn't any different from that, as far as I can tell.

36 minutes ago, Keileon said:

I don't mean just combining two naughty codes; people do that all the time. I'm thinking more in terms of a vulgar verb code, plus a code that would otherwise be innocent, to make a pair that together forms a phrase that the wrong person would take as advocating for doing something illegal and very morally wrong.

The issue isn't combining naughty codes. It's combining two codes that in combination go beyond just having a bunch of CBs that say sexual things.

I would like an answer to @Keileon's question, too.

I assume the dragons in question are something like (made-up codes that don't currently exist) "WeEat" and "Babys", except with different words.

Of course one could ask "why do you even want to breed those together", but that's not an answer to "will bad things happen to me or my dragons if I do it".

(And if the answer is "yes, bad things will happen if combining two coded dragons results in a very bad phrase", how do we decide what is very bad? Is it okay if it's too weird to be taken seriously? Because I maaaay have bred a "bad verb" code dragon to a dragon with "cows" in its code just to make funny offspring.)

I would like an answer too - BUT - I also wonder if it is POSSIBLE (if it is ONLY the codes and no-one gives anyone a NAME to emphasise the shocker) because after all - there will be players who actually don't look at this stuff and have no idea there could be a problem. You cannot penalise the unknowing..

If I managed to breed Kill with a code referring to some group of people in particular, and left the codes in place.... The same would go for any phrase I managed to accidentally create, and who would know if I did it on purpose or not. Or even if - well, suppose I had only two CB golds and wanted to breed them together. And suppose they were the pair with those codes... If I were that unlucky - well, heck, I'd breed them anyway. Wouldn't anyone ? Codes are random. As long as they are, you cannot legislate against them, like.

My question is, if you know something will be truly offensive -- and I am talking about people who DO know, why would you want to do it?

7 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

My question is, if you know something will be truly offensive -- and I am talking about people who DO know, why would you want to do it?

I mean, there could be a ton of reasons. The pair looks nice, they're in a breeding project and are hard to replace, or even just cases of "for the laughs".

It's perfectly valid to ask "why", but that doesn't address "is it against the rules".

6 minutes ago, Keileon said:

It's perfectly valid to ask "why", but that doesn't address "is it against the rules".

I didn't intend to address that and I am also interested in the answer. I was merely curious about the reason for wanting to do so.

Yeah, sometimes it's purely for shock value; sometimes it's because the person has a morbid sense of humor and finds it amusing; often the second, but there could even be more innocent reasons. Depends on the person~

This is something I've not had happen before.  On the 6th, just after midnight I did this Successfully revived (0dsiE).   It was a pygmy hatche that died and I was trying for a zombie.  But when it revived, it had over 2 days left before it would die again.  It currently has 10 hrs left.  Is this normal for revived hatchies?  

Laid on:Jan 26, 2019

Hatched on:Jan 28, 2019

2 minutes ago, Imzadi said:

This is something I've not had happen before.  On the 6th, just after midnight I did this Successfully revived (0dsiE).   It was a pygmy hatche that died and I was trying for a zombie.  But when it revived, it had over 2 days left before it would die again.  It currently has 10 hrs left.  Is this normal for revived hatchies?  

As far as I know, yes. They gain a random amount of time (at least it used to be random), otherwise it wouldn't help much to revive a hatchling that ran out of time.

1 minute ago, Imzadi said:

Did it die by running out of time? If so, if successfully revived it does get extra time to grow, though I don't believe sickness or kill deaths do. But since it's already been revived once it probably can't be revived again.

4 minutes ago, Imzadi said:

yes, It used to "glitch" and give an absurd amount of days (think it generally added up to something like 50 years?) and you had about 30 mintes to get it views or freeze it before it died.  I know tj tweaked it, but not sure how accurate the timer is now as it's been a long while since I managed to revive one.

2 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

As far as I know, yes. They gain a random amount of time (at least it used to be random), otherwise it wouldn't help much to revive a hatchling that ran out of time.

Thanks...for some reason i had it in my head that they would auto freeze  (which really doesn't make sense, but sometimes the mind thinks what it wants to think.) 

Edited by Imzadi

1 minute ago, Imzadi said:

Thanks...for some reason i had it in my head that they would auto freeze  (which really doesn't make sense, but sometimes the mind thinks what it wants to think.) 

they auto freeze if it becomes a zombie (because the dead can not grow) :)

I will just let it grow up.  And give it a nice name. Thanks for the answers.

4 minutes ago, Imzadi said:

I will just let it grow up.  And give it a nice name. Thanks for the answers.

Just remember to mark it somehow that it has been revived.  You won't be able to do so again, and that really sucks if you forget a month or even a year later.  besides silly names, I've started keeping mine in a group with my zombies. https://dragcave.net/group/75679

Edited by DragonLady86

1 minute ago, DragonLady86 said:

Just remember to mark it somehow that it has been revived.  You won't be able to do so again, and that really sucks if you forget a month or even a year later. 

Oh, I do know that.  I have several adults that revived and they all have names that remind me not to try again.