Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

6 minutes ago, bluedragon1139 said:

@Ruby Eyes @Fuzzbucket @Dragon_Arbock Oh I totally know not to open unknown emails, and I think on one occasion that one of my friend's emails got hacked and sent spam to me, so yeah, I've been through that.  After having to go through enough of replacing laptop shenanigans, I drop the big bucks for Norton/LifeLock as I'm not playing those kinds of games anymore (I also had my Paypal/PSN hacked and had to go through identity theft hubabaloo so yeah, you guys can also see why I have the major paranoia about internet stuff lol).

Anyway, back on topic with new question!

If you are breeding two holiday dragons together and they are BOTH out of season, will they still produce an egg of one or the other?  For example would I get an egg from an Aegis x Desipis (sp?) if I bred them this month or would it just pop up that they refuse or something like that?

Refusal - plain and simple

If you kill a dragon you are at the breed limit for, can you get another one, or does the dead dragon count towards your limit?

As far as I know, you do have to wait the full two weeks till the tombstone is gone to get another. If you make a zombie from it, it will always count.

I swear that it used to be possible to give your own eggs 1 click, but I have an egg on my scroll that is stuck at 0 regardless of how many times I try. Am I just imagining that this self click thing ever existed?

2 minutes ago, The Dragoness said:

I swear that it used to be possible to give your own eggs 1 click, but I have an egg on my scroll that is stuck at 0 regardless of how many times I try. Am I just imagining that this self click thing ever existed?

That happens to me a lot when I catch an egg and don't click immediately on it when I'm on the links screen (say I click to go to the cave instwad to keep on hunting, then if I go to my dragons later and click on my new egg, it doesn't count the click).

Though if I click it before doing something else, it counts. Idk why that happens, and I'm now wondering if it's just CBs or also my own bred dragons. 🤔

Go to its lineage page and then go BACK and click. Works for me - Sock taught me !

It doesn't always work though. Neither clicking from the lineage page or through viewing my scroll. Not sure why that happens. There was even a topic in Help about that once.

Open a different browser and click on it, that's how I get a click to the stubborn ones.  Then I run through the rest of my growing things and discover how many AP catches didn't register either and I didn't notice since they already had a click when I caught them. :P

I think if you click on it from your /user/scrollname page, the clicks will count. I haven't tried it recently, though, so I'm not sure.

@angelicdragonpuppy: I don't think it's a good idea to ask publicly, to be honest. At least, if someone does want to respond, please do so in PM to preserve the CB prize owner's privacy.

ETA: Ideally, before you tell on a CB Prize owner, you ask for their permission. (Just in case...)

Edited by olympe

Hullo, it's me...again...

I can't seem to find the answer anywhere, but how long can a lineage be before the original pairing is cut off from the lineage page?  I see most people keep their lineage to 12 gens but can I go to like say, 20th gen and it will still show the first gen?  I really need to know because my most harrowing project idea may come to that...but it'll probably be like 50 gen+  (yeah I'm insane and I may just scrap the idea).

Edited by bluedragon1139

5 minutes ago, bluedragon1139 said:

Hullo, it's me...again...

I can't seem to find the answer anywhere, but how long can a lineage be before the original pairing is cut off from the lineage page?  I see most people keep their lineage to 12 gens but can I go to like say, 20th gen and it will still show the first gen?  I really need to know because my most harrowing project idea may come to that...but it'll probably be like 50 gen+  (yeah I'm insane and I may just scrap the idea).

12 generations.

See - this is 15 and the first three are missing! XD https://dragcave.net/lineage/vPnpT

2 minutes ago, Lagie said:

12 generations.

See - this is 15 and the first three are missing! XD https://dragcave.net/lineage/vPnpT

SQUEE! AWW PYGMIES!  SO CUTE! I would LOVE to own a little purebred perfection like her! But WOW, that lineage is insane!  That's what hard work and dedication looks like though.  SO 12 gen is the cutoff...hmm...🤔

Also if you kill off a pair of the dragons AFTER they had offspring will it still show up in the lineage?  For example (and clarification) if I have a 4th gen dragon and the 2nd gen pair of it's lineage are deceased, will 1st and 3rd gen still show or will the 1st and 2nd gen disappear?

Dead dragons kill the lineage view.  Here's one from years ago when the codes were deleted. SWSRp.  Here's a newer one (codes not deleted) that I'm still miffed about the lineage being wrecked. uuDi2  If you click on the tombstones from lineage view you can see the earlier generations.

If the dead dragon becomes a zombie the lineage continues. 72H5I  If you go back 5 generations the tombstone Erastes Resurrection is a zombie.

39 minutes ago, Dracaena said:

Dead dragons kill the lineage view.  Here's one from years ago when the codes were deleted. SWSRp.  Here's a newer one (codes not deleted) that I'm still miffed about the lineage being wrecked. uuDi2  If you click on the tombstones from lineage view you can see the earlier generations.

If the dead dragon becomes a zombie the lineage continues. 72H5I  If you go back 5 generations the tombstone Erastes Resurrection is a zombie.

Oh my gosh WHY would you end that lineage like that?!  I'd be upset too...but I see what you mean in that if BOTH parents are dead then whatever were before them basically is cut off...that actually stinks as I basically have to kill off the parents for a project I'm wanting to do because of the lore behind it...and trying to HOPE it turns into a zombie is impossible as you only get the 1 chance for it to work.  Maybe I can get away with only having the CB partner be deceased so that it doesn't mess everything up but, ugh...BEING LORE-FRIENDLY IS HARD.

Spoiler

The lineage I want to do is based off of Games Workshop's Warhammer 40k table-top game and Black Library.  The Emperor of Mankind had created 20 "sons" (essentially demigods) and gave them each their own legion of highly biologically engineered humans called Space Marines to protect all of humanity from the dangers of Chaos Gods and the demonic hordes that they control, Xenos (aliens), and other space anomalies that could destroy us all.  It was called the Primarch Project (which is what I want to make), but things didn't go well and 2 out of the 20 legions were destroyed and stricken from all records that they ever existed.  That basically sums it up what I'm trying to accomplish, but if interested in hearing more about the lore, here's the link: http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Primarch.

The only way to be absolutely safe is to use only your own dragons. And your line suggests you'd have to do that anyway. And that your deads SHOULD show up as dead XD 

Because I don't have a good grasp on how the market works: If lots of people were to buy the same egg from the market, would the price go up or down? 

22 minutes ago, Aqub said:

Because I don't have a good grasp on how the market works: If lots of people were to buy the same egg from the market, would the price go up or down? 

I wish I knew! I suspect that there is going to be a rush to buy Golds as soon as any of us have collected enough shards. So I wish I knew if I should jump in and buy as soon as I can or if I should hold back and hope that when everyone else buys them the price goes down. 

I don't really know of any other dragon in the market that is likely to have that many people buying it in a short period of time. The market prices are based on the ratios, I believe, and it takes quite a few dragons to make much difference in those.

I would assume that both the ratios and basic economics would dictate that a rush to buy something would drive its price up, but goodness knows what will actually happen.

3 minutes ago, FiveSix said:

I would assume that both the ratios and basic economics would dictate that a rush to buy something would drive its price up, but goodness knows what will actually happen.

that would be my assumption. Supply vs. Demand.  and while the "supply" in this case is theoretically unlimited, higher demand equals higher price in any market setting.

Which also means, given I failed to get full shards a couple of weeks that it will take me much longer to get there, first to catch up to where they are now, then an additional number of weeks to meet the new balance. :(

Edited by DragonLady86

7 hours ago, FiveSix said:

Well, that is my assumption, too, but it would be nice to know for sure. I'm gonna be madder than a wet hen if I buy one and then the price goes down.

3 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Well, that is my assumption, too, but it would be nice to know for sure. I'm gonna be madder than a wet hen if I buy one and then the price goes down.

I'm actually not. If I GET one, that's what counts :)