Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Does a Ravenclaw egg constitute a 'sea serpent' egg - per this month's Raffle requirement?

1 minute ago, Ayelldee said:

Does a Ravenclaw egg constitute a 'sea serpent' egg - per this month's Raffle requirement?

Nope, those are classified as Amphipteres. 

3 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

Nope, those are classified as Amphipteres. 

Wouldn't that be the Razorcrest, which is a wyvern?

Anyway, @Ayelldee you can also check the "type" of a dragon in its encyclopedia entry, which is probably the most reliable way.

Question, is it a bug that we can only have two Mistletoe dragons (From 2014) or is just a bug? I remember that the other christmas breeds had their limit lifted.

EDIT: Some other breeds, like Hollys are also limited again. And no, wasn't picking up from the ''Holiday page'', but from the abandoned page.

Edited by Shirubia

You can only have 2 CBs of any of the Christmas and Valentine breeds. You can have as many bred ones as you have space for.

8 minutes ago, Shirubia said:

Question, is it a bug that we can only have two Mistletoe dragons (From 2014) or is just a bug? I remember that the other christmas breeds had their limit lifted.

EDIT: Some other breeds, like Hollys are also limited again. And no, wasn't picking up from the ''Holiday page'', but from the abandoned page.

It's possible there were CBs in the abandoned page, particularly now we're a bit of a way into the holiday period. I know I've seen some. They still count against the limit even though you're not the one grabbing them from the holiday biome directly.

4 hours ago, Shirubia said:

Christmas and Valentine breeds have always been limited to 2 CBs each. If you were hunting in the AP when you got the message that just means the egg you clicked was CB, I've done that a few times. People do drop CBs to the AP in an attempt to help others. 

5 hours ago, Chococat0815 said:

Wouldn't that be the Razorcrest, which is a wyvern?

Anyway, @Ayelldee you can also check the "type" of a dragon in its encyclopedia entry, which is probably the most reliable way.

Shows how much I know about Harry Potter stuff, lol. I just assumed they were talking about the one that looks most like a sea serpent.

On 12/19/2018 at 10:22 AM, purplehaze said:

No, it just gltiches for some unknown reason occasionally. I have 3121. The extra 21 came a couple of weeks ago and I didn't do anything unusual that week.

Wait, what's the actual non-glitch max for this week? I'm at 3200 and I thought that was normal but maybe not?

Did red dragons get a sprite recolor? They look brighter to me with their features standing out more, including comparing the sprites between my scroll and the wiki

28 minutes ago, Sunfeathers said:

Wait, what's the actual non-glitch max for this week? I'm at 3200 and I thought that was normal but maybe not?

Well, my total when I posted that was 3121, which said I was at 100% -- as I have been every week so far without spending any shards. BUT, since then my total jumped to 3221. Glitch? Christmas bonus of 100 shards? Something happened that added 100 more.

Has anyone else suddenly noticed a 100 shard jump in their total?

Edited by purplehaze

23 minutes ago, MysticMusician said:

Did red dragons get a sprite recolor? They look brighter to me with their features standing out more, including comparing the sprites between my scroll and the wiki

There are definite differences between the one on the wiki and the ones on my scroll, they must have had a bit of a color update. It must have been a few days ago at least, because I have screenshots from the 16th that are identical to the current.

@Dracaena Yes, but it seems that new sprite has been updated recently. The colors are noticeably brighter, highlights are noticeably brighter especially if you zoom in.

3 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

@Dracaena Yes, but it seems that new sprite has been updated recently. The colors are noticeably brighter, highlights are noticeably brighter especially if you zoom in.

Humm,  looking at the wiki their image almost looks muddy.  I do remember the scales were distinct with the May update.  What I found objectionable was the change in color from the lovely deep red it used to be, the disappearing teeth on default scroll background, and altering the silhouette that didn't play nice with my lineages.  I've done my best to ignore the red dragons since the May update so if there has been a subtle tweak I've missed it.

Not a huge thing, but I use TJ's scroll stats banner, and my scroll is not hidden - though it will be soon - but I have over 7k dragons, 8 eggs and quite a few hatchies.. My stats show no adults, 6 eggs and6 hatchies. Other banners look normal... Why isn't mine?

ETA edited big time. That was the oddest spellcheck oopsie  I've seen in a while...

Edited by Fuzzbucket

7 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Not a huge thing, but I use TJ's scroll stats banner, and my scroll is bothering - though it will be soon - but I have over 7k dragons, 8 eggs and quite a few hatchies.. My stats show no adults, 6 eggs and6 hatchies. Other banners look normal... Why isn't mine?

Your scroll is hidden. Maybe you hid it just when it last updated your status. As far as I'm aware, the dcrecords site may be made by TJ, but it's still using the API, which grants no access to hidden scrolls.

I'm a little confused (and sad) - did it always used to be that temporarily held eggs counted toward egg limits, even though you can only keep one of them? I just bred two pairs in parallel so I could be prepared in case one of them went mono-culture breeding on me, and I lost the entire second clutch (setting me back an entire year, possibly more if it mono-cultures on me next year).

Was I just misinformed and the whole clutch has always counted to the egg limits, or has this changed?

9 hours ago, Sunfeathers said:

8 hours ago, purplehaze said:

Well, my total when I posted that was 3121, which said I was at 100% -- as I have been every week so far without spending any shards. BUT, since then my total jumped to 3221. Glitch? Christmas bonus of 100 shards? Something happened that added 100 more.

Has anyone else suddenly noticed a 100 shard jump in their total?

The non-glitched shard max for this week is 3200 :) 

@purplehaze maybe a cache issue? If you didn't spend any and reached your limit every week you should have been at non-glitched 3200 the time you posted 

8 minutes ago, pinkgothic said:

I'm a little confused (and sad) - did it always used to be that temporarily held eggs counted toward egg limits, even though you can only keep one of them? I just bred two pairs in parallel so I could be prepared in case one of them went mono-culture breeding on me, and I lost the entire second clutch (setting me back an entire year, possibly more if it mono-cultures on me next year).

Was I just misinformed and the whole clutch has always counted to the egg limits, or has this changed?

far as I know, it's always done that, got me a few years back

5 minutes ago, pinkgothic said:

As far as I remember a multiclutch always counted towards your limit. 

Sorry to hear you lost a whole batch :( 

4 minutes ago, rinoa26 said:

@purplehaze maybe a cache issue? If you didn't spend any and reached your limit every week you should have been at non-glitched 3200 the time you posted 

Or maybe I'm just crazy? XD 

OK, thank you very much for the information, friends. I thought I remembered people getting over their egg limit with held eggs and then still being able to breed to keep, but I guess what I'm remembering must just be the first part. I guess this is what I get for being misinformed.

10 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Your scroll is hidden. Maybe you hid it just when it last updated your status. As far as I'm aware, the dcrecords site may be made by TJ, but it's still using the API, which grants no access to hidden scrolls.

It is now, but it wasn't when I posted, though my post got bit by my spellcheck, which meant it said something rather odd..

Also, though, if it showed anything, it shouldn't have shown no adults at all!

Edited by Fuzzbucket

7 hours ago, pinkgothic said:

OK, thank you very much for the information, friends. I thought I remembered people getting over their egg limit with held eggs and then still being able to breed to keep, but I guess what I'm remembering must just be the first part. I guess this is what I get for being misinformed.

Well, it only used to be possible if you bred during lag, and several breeding results were worked on at practically the same time. Even without multi-clutches. (I once got 7 eggs this way when we still had a limit of 4+1, all of them bred during the hourly lag.) It doesn't work any more, though, and hasn't for a while.