Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

24 minutes ago, Azarkiel said:

Hey...

I don't know if I'm just confused, but 

And according to the Dragcave Wiki: http://dragcave.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Sea_Serpents Two-Finned Blunas are "Sea Serpents"... but I raised two to adulthood! And I'm still at 0/3.

https://dragcave.net/lineage/97LWb

https://dragcave.net/lineage/GGExC

Does it need to be their first Morphology? If so, why does the wiki list two?

The wiki isn’t always a good source of information. Blunas are actually amphipteres, not sea serpents. For sea serpents it’s Deep Sea, Water, and I believe one other I can’t remember.

Edit: Shallow Water! That’s the third!

Edited by KrazyKarp

@Azarkiel The wiki is unofficial, run by users. The information there doesn't always agree with the official on-site information, so always be wary about taking the wiki as fact.

3 hours ago, KrazyKarp said:

The wiki isn’t always a good source of information. Blunas are actually amphipteres, not sea serpents. For sea serpents it’s Deep Sea, Water, and I believe one other I can’t remember.

Edit: Shallow Water! That’s the third!

You missed one, baikala are sea serpents also.  Which makes a total of 4 sea serpent breeds.

9 hours ago, KrazyKarp said:

I was looking at the Undead sprites on the wiki and started reading what they had on there about Undeads. I came across this: "Unbreedables such as Papers and Cheeses can become Undead dragons, albeit ungendered. Dinos cannot become Undead due to the lack of a revive option for them." I was asking on the Discord if this was actually true and someone linked a Cheese turned into an Undead back in 2015 so it looks like it was possible. But I've never heard of this sort of thing before now, so is this still possible? Since Cheeses and Papers are not actual dragons it doesn't make much sense, so I wasn't sure if this was still possible to do.

Yes, they can but both become Westren zombies despite Papers being Lindwyrms. My paper is also from 2015, but as far as I'm aware they still have the same chance as everything else of turning. Dinos can not and chickens get eaten when you kill them so there is nothing to zombify

https://dragcave.net/view/C4d7w

Question about forum mechanics: If I move a PM to a different folder (other then 'inbox'), will I still get the same notifications if I get a new PM in that thread? Like, will it still show up the same, with the red number or whatever on the letter symbol? Trying to organize holiday PMs but I don't want to miss anything if I move stuff around.

24 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

Question about forum mechanics: If I move a PM to a different folder (other then 'inbox'), will I still get the same notifications if I get a new PM in that thread? Like, will it still show up the same, with the red number or whatever on the letter symbol? Trying to organize holiday PMs but I don't want to miss anything if I move stuff around.

Yes, works like before. If I recall correctly from a few days ago, the unread message even shows up in the little popup box at the envelope in the top right corner.

1 minute ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Yes, works like before. If I recall correctly from a few days ago, the unread message even shows up in the little popup box at the envelope in the top right corner.

Yes, it does show up in the pop-up. :) 

So you don't need to worry about missing anything.

I have not been around much over the last year, just for the monthly eggs....I seem to recall some kind of discussion about switching genders on a dragon? I would love to change one of my male hollys to a female so I can breed them. Otherwise, I'm going to try to get another holly to influence female and just ditch one of my males.

Any thing like that lately?

21 minutes ago, Riverwillows said:

I have not been around much over the last year, just for the monthly eggs....I seem to recall some kind of discussion about switching genders on a dragon? I would love to change one of my male hollys to a female so I can breed them. Otherwise, I'm going to try to get another holly to influence female and just ditch one of my males.

Any thing like that lately?

If I remember correctly, hollies are still uninfluenceable. Only the HM hollies could be influenced. I feel your pain, I would have loved to have been able to influence one of mine female last year.

17 minutes ago, Siliskor said:

If I remember correctly, hollies are still uninfluenceable. Only the HM hollies could be influenced. I feel your pain, I would have loved to have been able to influence one of mine female last year.

Oh! I missed that part of the question. It is true that Hollies can't be influenced. All Hollies captured in the cave will be male.

Does the Holiday biome act like the other biomes when even if the eggs don't get pick up they get switch every five minutes?

Edit: Thanks for the answer @Dirtytabs. :D

Edited by Lady Dragoon

As far as I know, that's correct. I'm pretty sure I've seen eggs of newer breeds switch out on the five-minute mark.

I think the answer is yes, but can someone confirm if a Solstice egg caught at roughly 12:30am (cave time) will indeed have multi-colored wings? I'm pretty sure it will, but I want to be extra sure!

Hey folks, a description of mine got rejected. I'd like to answer the question raised and see if I can have it re-evaluated or receive some further guidance before resubmitting, but I don't know who to reach out to. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks Dracaena! I posted there. :D 

Edited by evilSpectra

33 minutes ago, evilSpectra said:

Hey folks, a description of mine got rejected. I'd like to answer the question raised and see if I can have it re-evaluated or receive some further guidance before resubmitting, but I don't know who to reach out to. Can someone point me in the right direction?

This thread might be of help. 

https://forums.dragcave.net/topic/158360-description-force/

59 minutes ago, relaks said:

I think the answer is yes, but can someone confirm if a Solstice egg caught at roughly 12:30am (cave time) will indeed have multi-colored wings? I'm pretty sure it will, but I want to be extra sure!

I'm tired and don't guarantee my math but I think you are correct.

per wiki

Egg hatches into a Blue-wing adult if bred between 6:00 EST and 17:59 EST. Egg hatches into a Colorful adult if bred between 18:00 EST and 5:59 EST.

Remember the AP no longer adds time to an egg so the time left is accurate to figure out the time it was laid.

Are refusals officially turned off now? And if so, how long do they stay off? Thanks in advance.

Yes, refusals involving Christmas dragons are disabled for this week. It stays like that until after Christmas day.

10 minutes ago, missy_ said:

Are refusals officially turned off now? And if so, how long do they stay off? Thanks in advance.

If you have a pair that refused previously you might need to switch which partner is initiating the breeding action if you can't find the mate you want.

3 hours ago, relaks said:

As far as I know, CB Solstices will always be rosy-winged, no matter what time.

Correct. Aside from the now-discontinued Honorable Mention prizes, CB Hollies can only be male.

14 minutes ago, Naughtrish said:

Hmm. My shard count shows 3106. Did the 100 weekly limit get modified?

No, it just gltiches for some unknown reason occasionally. I have 3121. The extra 21 came a couple of weeks ago and I didn't do anything unusual that week.

2 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

No, it just gltiches for some unknown reason occasionally. I have 3121. The extra 21 came a couple of weeks ago and I didn't do anything unusual that week.

Thank you!