Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

48 minutes ago, Din85 said:

Just one Little Thing,

Just read it in a few threads. There are no refusals for breeding with Hollidays during their Holidays, is that right?

So I wouldn't need to spare my fertilize BSAs^^

Correct. Refusals are turned off for holiday dragons during their holiday breeding season.

This might be a silly question, but when the raffle says "Raise 3 dragons/sea serpents/etc." does that mean raise to adulthood or could a frozen hatchling count?

2 minutes ago, Forever_Mone said:

This might be a silly question, but when the raffle says "Raise 3 dragons/sea serpents/etc." does that mean raise to adulthood or could a frozen hatchling count?

Since it specifically says "adult" it means frozens won't count.

I should know this, but can't remember -- does ward transfer when an egg is traded? Also, does it prevent views or just keep the egg from dying?

59 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Also, does it prevent views or just keep the egg from dying?

No idea about the transfer, but it does NOT prevent views, it "only" prevents death by sickness. As in, warded eggs can totally hatch while sick, for which they need views.

@dragonpuck 6 hours, actually, and these carry over to the hatchling.

6 hours says the BSA desciption on the White's Actions page, and the carrying over was mentioned by TJ here.

Sick hatchling with the ward message:

image.png.cba30cee8ad8bcf6abc61b25645d5d4d.png

Edited by Ruby Eyes

7 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

I should know this, but can't remember -- does ward transfer when an egg is traded? Also, does it prevent views or just keep the egg from dying?

1 minute ago, Ruby Eyes said:

No idea about the transfer, but it does NOT prevent views, it "only" prevents death by sickness. As in, warded eggs can totally hatch while sick, for which they need views.

and only for 5  hours or until it hatches

Thanks @Ruby Eyes and @dragonpuck I had an egg I traded for that seemed not to be getting views, so I wondered. Anyway the views are registering now, so all is well.

On 12/10/2018 at 6:08 AM, Din85 said:

Just one Little Thing,

Just read it in a few threads. There are no refusals for breeding with Hollidays during their Holidays, is that right?

So I wouldn't need to spare my fertilize BSAs^^

This is true, but I'd still fertilize any first time pairs that you want to breed outside of the holiday. I'm pretty sure this topic was discussed in previous years and the theory was that holidays will never show a refusal during their season, but they can basically have a hidden "refusal" that you will only see if you try to breed them later. Using fertility on new pairs during the holiday season doesn't have any visible effects but it prevents hidden refusals. If you use fertility after the holiday season, you won't be able to change refusal odds, because the dragons have already refused (or not) but you couldn't tell because of the holiday. (I think this is what happened with @missy_'s pair.) Basically schrodinger's refusal when it comes to breeding during holiday time.

Of course this is only true if the theory is correct, and I don't know that it is. It is just something that has come up before and I think it seems plausible.

10 minutes ago, Sunfeathers said:

Of course this is only true if the theory is correct, and I don't know that it is. It is just something that has come up before and I think it seems plausible.

I hold to the better safe than sorry option, too. I was told when I recommended that to someone else that it was not necessary, but I would rather err on the side of caution, so I fertilize all of my new pairs whether in season or out.

@Din85 - Sorry! I missed that part of your question.

Edited by purplehaze

45 minutes ago, Sunfeathers said:

This is true, but I'd still fertilize any first time pairs that you want to breed outside of the holiday. I'm pretty sure this topic was discussed in previous years and the theory was that holidays will never show a refusal during their season, but they can basically have a hidden "refusal" that you will only see if you try to breed them later. Using fertility on new pairs during the holiday season doesn't have any visible effects but it prevents hidden refusals. If you use fertility after the holiday season, you won't be able to change refusal odds, because the dragons have already refused (or not) but you couldn't tell because of the holiday. (I think this is what happened with @missy_'s pair.) Basically schrodinger's refusal when it comes to breeding during holiday time.

This theory was partially true - there used to be hidden compatibility checks when breeding holiday pairs in season that would cause issues when they were bred again later. Using fertility on them did not prevent this however. I experienced it myself a while ago and there was a discussion about it in this forum too. TJ posted that there was a bug that could cause pairs to secretly refuse each other when bred during the holiday season, so when someone tried breeding a secret refusal pair outside the holidays they would always refuse (even if fertility was used).

This bug was fixed though, and TJ changed it so there was no more hidden compatibility checks during holiday breeding seasons. So I'm not certain that is what happened to Missy's pair.

TJ did also confirm that the fertility effect is erased from all holiday dragons during their respective breeding seasons, so no need for anyone to do that. Fertilizing new pairs outside the holidays is always a good idea though!

I'm logged into my scroll on my phone... and I've just opened the cave on my laptop and I'm logged in there as well.

I thought you couldn't be logged in on two devices at once?  Has that been changed?  :huh:

2 minutes ago, Lagie said:

I'm logged into my scroll on my phone... and I've just opened the cave on my laptop and I'm logged in there as well.

I thought you couldn't be logged in on two devices at once?  Has that been changed?  :huh:

I still get logged out of work when I log in at home and vice versa. But possibly because same IP in your case?

2 minutes ago, FiveSix said:

I still get logged out of work when I log in at home and vice versa. But possibly because same IP in your case?

Ooh, that could be it!  Thanks!

13 minutes ago, tiny_gremlin said:

So, is breeding starting tomorrow (17th) or the next day (18th)?  

Last year was Dec 19th to Dec 25th. It is usually the same each year (seven days).

5 hours ago, Lagie said:

Last year was Dec 19th to Dec 25th. It is usually the same each year (seven days).

Or the 19th . . . never can remember.

Thanks.

Are there rules about discussing neglected dragons? I thought that there were somewhere, but if there are, I'm being dumb and can't find them.

7 minutes ago, Chatdweeb said:

Are there rules about discussing neglected dragons? I thought that there were somewhere, but if there are, I'm being dumb and can't find them.

Basically, you can't. Not in public at the forum.

26 minutes ago, Chatdweeb said:

In the first post here: 

there is a list of persons willing to answer questions about them by pm. There may be places off site for discussion, but I am not aware of the particulars.

4 minutes ago, raindear said:

In the first post here: 

there is a list of persons willing to answer questions about them by pm. There may be places off site for discussion, but I am not aware of the particulars.

Ahh, thank you! Much appreciated.

1 hour ago, Chatdweeb said:

This Discord has a board for discussing experiments. You can only access it once you're verified, but that's not hard. Just PM a mod on the Discord. Along with advice, the other discord users will also help with experiments. There are several guides available on the Discord as well. Good luck!

I was looking at the Undead sprites on the wiki and started reading what they had on there about Undeads. I came across this: "Unbreedables such as Papers and Cheeses can become Undead dragons, albeit ungendered. Dinos cannot become Undead due to the lack of a revive option for them." I was asking on the Discord if this was actually true and someone linked a Cheese turned into an Undead back in 2015 so it looks like it was possible. But I've never heard of this sort of thing before now, so is this still possible? Since Cheeses and Papers are not actual dragons it doesn't make much sense, so I wasn't sure if this was still possible to do.

Hey...

I don't know if I'm just confused, but 

Entry Requirements

Raise 0/3 adult sea serpents

And according to the Dragcave Wiki: http://dragcave.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Sea_Serpents Two-Finned Blunas are "Sea Serpents"... but I raised two to adulthood! And I'm still at 0/3.

https://dragcave.net/lineage/97LWb

https://dragcave.net/lineage/GGExC

Does it need to be their first Morphology? If so, why does the wiki list two?