Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

1 minute ago, Soulsborne said:

Just keep it hidden. Even if it seems healed I'd keep it hidden longer because often you unhide them just for them to get sick again a few minutes later (...could still be in hatcheries and getting views after unhiding). There is no harm in keeping it hidden until some time has passed / it is ready to grow up :)

Thanks! 

Is CB Vampire available in the Halloween biome?  I can't seem to find any.

2 hours ago, QVic said:

Is CB Vampire available in the Halloween biome?  I can't seem to find any.

Nope, they aren't considered a 'real' Halloween breed anymore since they can technically be made year-round. 

Did the biomes not have the hour-drop (again)? At :10 I didn't see anything in the Halloween biome at all, and the eggs in the Jungle didn't move.

edit: I don't remember what happened with the holiday biome the last few times, is it still available dropping old CBs *on* Halloween, when the new breed is dropping in the other biomes, or does it disappear when the new breed arrives?

Edited by HeatherMarie

The Crestback Forest adventure can be restarted now, but I still can't figure out how to get the flowers. Does anyone know?

Oof I actually have a question, sorry if it sounds weird!

Since the halloween event's started, and the Halloween biome is available again... can you grab as many eggs as you can from that biome without having to worry about getting egg-locked or something? It's been a while since I was on the site so I kinda forgot OTL

I have a question about Fertility. Is it possible for dragons to reject each other even with fertility? I know they can end up producing no eggs and that Fertility does not override a past rejection, but I'm interested in whether you can or cannot get a rejection despite it on a completely new pair that has never bred before.

Edited by Nagapie

1 hour ago, Hanelli said:

Oof I actually have a question, sorry if it sounds weird!

Since the halloween event's started, and the Halloween biome is available again... can you grab as many eggs as you can from that biome without having to worry about getting egg-locked or something? It's been a while since I was on the site so I kinda forgot OTL

The holiday biome works the same as the normal biomes in regards to egg limits.  It's as many as your scroll can hold.  I believe there is the 5 hour cooldown if you decide you picked up too many of a good thing and need to drop or trade some.  I haven't run into the situation where I wanted to drop an egg I got from the holiday biome to notice.

1 hour ago, Nagapie said:

I have a question about Fertility. Is it possible for dragons to reject each other even with fertility? I know they can end up producing no eggs and that Fertility does not override a past rejection, but I'm interested in whether you can or cannot get a rejection despite it on a completely new pair that has never bred before.

Wiki says that fertility significantly lowers the changes of refusal if done before the first mating. With that wording I would say there's a slight change of refusal even with Fertility.

2 hours ago, Ripan said:

The Crestback Forest adventure can be restarted now, but I still can't figure out how to get the flowers. Does anyone know?

Spoiler

after you get the totem and leave the tree, Go BACK to the tree and talk to the Floret again.

21 minutes ago, DragonLady86 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

after you get the totem and leave the tree, Go BACK to the tree and talk to the Floret again.

Got it! Thanks lots! :D 

1 hour ago, sroo said:

Wiki says that fertility significantly lowers the changes of refusal if done before the first mating. With that wording I would say there's a slight change of refusal even with Fertility.

Thanks for the response! I know the wiki says that, but I was wondering if anyone had actual first-hand experience of something like that happening.

Edited by Nagapie

12 minutes ago, Nagapie said:

Thanks for the response! I know the wiki says that, but I was wondering if anyone had actual first-hand experience of something like that happening.

Happened a few times to me I'd say the fail chance is about the same as that of an influence not taking. (The Pink chances SEEM better but I'd say that's mainly because the fact that even if the influence fails you still have a 50% chance of getting the right gender and therefore never knowing). 

It Does happen but very rarely and you usually only see the effect if you use the BSAs a LOT.

9 minutes ago, Herk said:

Happened a few times to me I'd say the fail chance is about the same as that of an influence not taking. (The Pink chances SEEM better but I'd say that's mainly because the fact that even if the influence fails you still have a 50% chance of getting the right gender and therefore never knowing). 

It Does happen but very rarely and you usually only see the effect if you use the BSAs a LOT.

I see. Thanks! Good to know that it has actually happened to someone even if it's a very rare occurrence. I'll definitely make sure to grab some back up CB halloweens for my IOUs then in case my Shimmerscale rejects one of them.

Edited by Nagapie

Let say an AP egg has

Overall views: 0

Unique views: 0

Clicks: 0

when it was picked up.

If I pick up the egg and check its lineage, does all of the above counters change to 1?

3 minutes ago, QVic said:

Let say an AP egg has

when it was picked up.

If I pick up the egg and check its lineage, does all of the above counters change to 1?

They should, yes.

3 hours ago, Nagapie said:

I see. Thanks! Good to know that it has actually happened to someone even if it's a very rare occurrence.

Unless you use Turpentines... with them, it happens more often. At least, in my experience.

3 minutes ago, QVic said:

Let say an AP egg has

when it was picked up.

1 minute ago, DragonLady86 said:

They should, yes.

If you check the lineage by going to the lineage page directly without clicking (i.e. you type the https address), does that affect the counters?

2 hours ago, QVic said:

Let say an AP egg has

when it was picked up.

I find it does on my mobile but not on my laptop. Only the views register on the laptop.

2 hours ago, QVic said:

Let say an AP egg has

when it was picked up.

I'm (almost) always using my laptop but sometimes try out different browsers and found that even the browser choice can affect that. Some give 1/1/1 and others somehow don't recognize the "click" so it turns out 1/1/0. Hope that helps...

@Alrexwolf

The invalid referrer thing is actually pretty simple, though kind of weird.

Basically, when you click a link in the browser, it sends "headers" along with the request to get the page you want. One of these is the "referrer" header (though, funnily, it was misspelt when the standards were being worked out, so now everything has to use "referer" internally) - this is the page you were on when you clicked the link. When you open a link in a new tab, though, or with some private browsing settings, there's no referrer header sent. For some stupid reason, DragonCave checks that your referrer header is a place you can find an Actions link on (or something like that, I haven't tested it much). So, when you open the link in a new tab, no referrer gets sent, and DragonCave complains for some reason.

so the impression i've gotten from oggling over the dragon wiki pages is that holiday breeds retire each year? if you want more of the previous years' breeds, you get them second+ generation from someone else. is that the end line? or did i miss some very brief opening on the halloween tab where they rereleased old ones?

There's a Halloween biome where you can get the old ones as CBs. It's  a new thing (only introduced last year) so some old info still claims you can't get them although now you can.

Edited by Herk

oh, i just assumed that was where the new eggs would show up on halloween, and it was always empty cause it wasn't time yet.

thank you for the response.

Nope eggs just go REAL fast :D On Halloween the new ones drop in EVERY biome (except the Halloween one if I remember correctly)

Edited by Herk