Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

2 minutes ago, DuskOfTheStars said:

Might be because hus name is "yg" and is causing the underline to cut out 

On 60s it cuts out less than the default seems to, pic: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/367452583394279427/503735921951244298/Screenshot_20181021-180454.png (keeping it a link because dise)

Maybe the underline, but the bracket?  Or parentheses . . . what have you.

Edited by tiny_gremlin

Just now, tiny_gremlin said:

Maybe the underline, but the bracket?  Or parentheses . . . what have you.

Names aren't bracketed. Codes are.

Hi! I wanted to check when exactly Halloween breeding/biomes open, as it affects whether I would breed anything today. Is it 12:00 EDT on the 23rd or on the 24th? [in other words, is it when the 23rd rolls over to the 24th, or when the 24th runs over to the 25th?]

Is anyone else missing the little notification bell?  It has vanished from my pages.

@Imzadi If you haven't received a notification for some time (I think it's one or two weeks, idk for sure), it will disappear.

You can still access the notification page but it should say what I told you. The same thing happened to me a while ago 😛

Edited by relaks

3 minutes ago, relaks said:

@Imzadi If you haven't received a notification for some time (I think it's one or two weeks, idk for sure), it will disappear.

You can still access the notification page but it should say what I told you. The same thing happened to me a while ago 😛

Thank you.  That is  what happened.  

4 hours ago, bonvoyage said:

Hi! I wanted to check when exactly Halloween breeding/biomes open, as it affects whether I would breed anything today. Is it 12:00 EDT on the 23rd or on the 24th? [in other words, is it when the 23rd rolls over to the 24th, or when the 24th runs over to the 25th?]

When 24th rolls to 25th.

So it just happened again and I gotta know if it's just me or not. 

Twice now I've picked up a Black hatching from the AP with a gendered sprite, and then it's ungendered on my scroll. 

Both times the gender I saw it as on the AP has been correct a few hours later. Don't know if this is A Thing or a weird coincidence or not. 

Anyone else seen this happen?

Never noticed this, but maybe you are assumed to be able to better examine the hatchling after it is dead, and therefore can determine its gender.

Ungendered zombie hatchies exist - if their stats are really low when they die. Example: https://dragcave.net/view/Zxhv5

Generally, them gendering after death is a really old glitch.

Edited by Ruby Eyes

2 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Ungendered zombie hatchies exist - if their stats are really low when they die. Example: https://dragcave.net/view/Zxhv5

Generally, them gendering after death is a really old glitch.

It's bit too wide spread to be just glitch - I have 9 such dead hatchies on my scroll atm - all gendered after death.

Just now, hellhunt said:

It's bit too wide spread to be just glitch - I have 9 such dead hatchies on my scroll atm - all gendered after death.

It being widespread doesn't mean it's not a glitch. It's happened like this every year, as far as I can tell, but it doesn't seem to be intended (otherwise ALL hatchies would gender after death).

4 minutes ago, The Dragoness said:

Will Halloween breeding start tonight at midnight or tomorrow?

In about 14 hours and 36 minutes.

2 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

In about 14 hours and 36 minutes.

Oh goody, I'm unprepared. Gotta go abandon a couple things now... XD

Oh man. Does it make more sense to catch more CBs if the biome comes back, or focus on AP catches because now I have CBs and can breed mates for most of the things I could conceivably find, or just... breed my own and flood the AP with the spares from the multiclutching? I swear I can't decide whether I want to hoard more CB Halloweens or more bred Halloweens. 

Incidentally, even if all dead hatchies gendered, that would still be a glitch if it's not what TJ intends his code to do. 😛 (On the other hand, I have to wonder why something like that hasn't been fixed yet. Seems like it should be a simple fix.) 

Well, it depends. If you want to do both, though, it might make sense to catch your CBs early on, as the AP eggs will have (roughly) the same time left as a fresh CB egg - which will change later on.

I'm sure this question has been asked a zillion times on here already, but the Halloween Breeding starts tonight, right? Cavetime midnight?

Just now, Syiren said:

I'm sure this question has been asked a zillion times on here already, but the Halloween Breeding starts tonight, right? Cavetime midnight?

Yes, going by past years! :D

Just now, Lagie said:

Yes, going by past years! :D

Thanks Lagie! ^_^ Happy Hunting this year!

Is there a place where should I post an interest check for possible breeding projects / bloodlines?