Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

1 hour ago, Jocosa said:

2 quick questions.

1. If a fogged hatchie dies ungendered, and it successfully revives as a Zombie on the 31st, it should insta-freeze as ungendered still, yes?

I'm truly hoping so as this year I got lucky and a lot of my dead hatchies stayed ungendered.

2. If they revive successfully, they insta-freeze and take up no slots, correct? 

Thanks!

Yes and Yes.  but they need a very low view count to not gender.  (it's easier to freeze and kill ungendered ones. It can be done, but it's really hard to hatch them without getting too many views.)

17 minutes ago, DragonLady86 said:

Yes and Yes.  but they need a very low view count to not gender.  (it's easier to freeze and kill ungendered ones. It can be done, but it's really hard to hatch them without getting too many views.)

The past few years it's been tough to keep them ungendered, I agree. This year though more then half so far (8 or so) have died ungendered while fogballs. I'm definitely not complaining. 😂 As long as they stay that way..  :)

Is it just me or is there a general problem with the Sort function atm? I get a "RIP - An error has occurred." with all three sort options (Firefox).

Edited by Astreya

42 minutes ago, Astreya said:

Is it just me or is there a general problem with the Sort function atm? I get a "RIP - An error has occurred." with all three sort options (Firefox).

me too  hopefully it self corrects I don't want to do this all over  again

1 hour ago, Astreya said:

Chrome, too.

By the way, within the Groups, the sorting works properly, so it is just the scroll-wide sort function which is affected.

With the new temporary biome, will eggs from each year be equally as likely to come up? Or will older dragons (say, a Pumpkin) be rarer than a newer dragon? I assume that people will snatch up older dragons faster, but will they all appear at roughly the same rate?

Is there a problem if my husband wants play dragcave at the same time as me on the same ISP on a different device? He's got his own scroll and is getting back into playing after several years. 

Thanks!

1 hour ago, sbld said:

With the new temporary biome, will eggs from each year be equally as likely to come up? Or will older dragons (say, a Pumpkin) be rarer than a newer dragon? I assume that people will snatch up older dragons faster, but will they all appear at roughly the same rate?

If I remember correctly when this new holiday biome first appeared there was some issue with some breeds being very scarce, but then I believe that was fixed or tweaked. The real issue, that I've seen, is that newer breeds will tend to sit in the biome longer without anyone picking them up. Either because a lot of current players were around for the original release and already have all they want (or for Valentines and Christmas people already have the 2-cavebred limit, which Halloween doesn't have). So we have the issue of older breeds being grabbed faster as well as newer breeds blocking the biome.(Hint, it seemed to get a little easier to hunt the older ones a day or two into it because by that point a lot of people had already grabbed enough to get egglocked.)

1 hour ago, silvara7 said:

Is there a problem if my husband wants play dragcave at the same time as me on the same ISP on a different device? He's got his own scroll and is getting back into playing after several years. 

Thanks!

If I've read the Terms and Conditions properly (and that was just a few days ago, just for kicks), it's perfectly okay :) As long as you both stay on your own scrolls and there's no irregular activity (such as one-side gifting a few too many times), there's no problem at all!

I'll quote the FAQ:

Q: Can two different people have scrolls on the same computer/IP?

A: Yes, as long as they are different people. There are many cases of siblings, parents and children, etc, having scrolls on the same IP. The same person having multiple scrolls is not allowed. As long as each person sticks to their own scroll, everyone should be fine. You do not need to PM TJ or a mod to let them know.

9 hours ago, Jocosa said:

2 quick questions.

2. If they revive successfully, they insta-freeze and take up no slots, correct? 

Thanks!

I had, a few weeks ago, a successful revive on a fog-died Wyrm hatchling. When it revived, it was NO insta-freeze. :( Instead it insta-grew up into an adult. It was a gendered hatchie though.

16 minutes ago, Belisar said:

I had, a few weeks ago, a successful revive on a fog-died Wyrm hatchling. When it revived, it was NO insta-freeze. :( Instead it insta-grew up into an adult. It was a gendered hatchie though.

Did it turn into zombie adult? Or did you just had successful revive in the sence you brought dead hatchie back to live as normal hatchie?

If you revive and message is something went wrong and you have now zombie, then it should be instafreeze

Successful revive for me is: comes back from the dead in its old glory xD Not zombiefied.

Yes my Zombie-turned hatchies stay zombie hatchies. But that Xeno hatchie grew into an adult, after being re-awakened.

1 hour ago, relaks said:

If I've read the Terms and Conditions properly (and that was just a few days ago, just for kicks), it's perfectly okay :) As long as you both stay on your own scrolls and there's no irregular activity (such as one-side gifting a few too many times), there's no problem at all!

I'll quote the FAQ:

Thank you! You're the bomb!

6 minutes ago, tiny_gremlin said:

Question about Zombies and names . . . If a named would-be zombie disintegrates, is the name up for grabs again?

No. Un-name them before you kill them. You can re-name them when it's alive again, in whichever form.

(Dead dragons don't get deleted from the database anymore - at least adults. That means their name will also stay.)

Edited by Ruby Eyes

I suggest naming the would-be zombies something you want on a dead dragon. I name mine "..... Ghost", so if they end up dead and with no option of renaming, they have a fitting name that I specifically chose for that result. If they end up revived or zombified, I rename them accordingly.

2 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

No. Un-name them before you kill them. You can re-name them when it's alive again, in whichever form.

(Dead dragons don't get deleted from the database anymore - at least adults. That means their name will also stay.)

😲Ooh.  Oops.  Okay, I'll remember that.  

Edited by tiny_gremlin

Two little questions here, if they have been already answered I apologize but I currently don't have enough free time to read through several (not even a few) pages, so yeah, sorry if you already answered this.

1- When exactly does the new/special biome for CB Halloweens open?

2- Can I link a pic on my sig to a group I made on my scroll? Been wanting to do this for a while but haven't done because I'm not sure if its against the rules or something.

14 minutes ago, Kaiserf11 said:

Two little questions here, if they have been already answered I apologize but I currently don't have enough free time to read through several (not even a few) pages, so yeah, sorry if you already answered this.

1- When exactly does the new/special biome for CB Halloweens open?

2- Can I link a pic on my sig to a group I made on my scroll? Been wanting to do this for a while but haven't done because I'm not sure if its against the rules or something.

1- We don't actually know for sure if the special holiday biome will be returning, but if it does it will probably show up when Halloween breeding starts, which is normally the 25th. 

2- Plenty of people have links to scroll-groups in their sig, I'm assuming a pic linking to one would be fine as well.  

3 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

1- We don't actually know for sure if the special holiday biome will be returning, but if it does it will probably show up when Halloween breeding starts, which is normally the 25th. 

2- Plenty of people have links to scroll-groups in their sig, I'm assuming a pic linking to one would be fine as well.  

1- Well... that's sort of dissapointing to hear but... hope it does come back.

2- Ok then.

Thanks for the help! :)

I recall a few years ago, people could only get one breed of holiday egg from CB of two different holiday dragon.  E.g. Marrow x Shadow Walker only produced Marrow egg.  Is it still the case?

4 minutes ago, QVic said:

I recall a few years ago, people could only get one breed of holiday egg from CB of two different holiday dragon.  E.g. Marrow x Shadow Walker only produced Marrow egg.  Is it still the case?

I think that was fixed, as a bug and now you can get a mix.  BUT you can still only keep one egg from each pair. 

21 minutes ago, tiny_gremlin said:

Odd thing - look at how the father shows up for me here (not bracketed, not underlined) -  

Though it's a perfectly clickable link.  Spontaneous curiosity?  Fluke? https://dragcave.net/view/beQ81456272247_DCoddity.png.7e3d55c3cc5979bed1276c1a4fe2d562.png

Might be because hus name is "yg" and is causing the underline to cut out 

On 60s it cuts out less than the default seems to, pic: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/367452583394279427/503735921951244298/Screenshot_20181021-180454.png (keeping it a link because dise)