Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

7 hours ago, deja said:

on pretty much all my trades I write 'dragon type' or offers or just offer anything

Never mentioned anyone 

Is it possible that someone reported me?

Edit: Why I think it was my last trade is because it was canceled. I thought one of my hatchies grew up but they didn't and I know I didn't cancel it myself.

Since we cannot help you with this issue, I'd suggest you PM a mod and ask. It's the only reliable way to find out.

Might be a dumb question but this is my first time having a BSA on cooldown. My Magi dragon's teleport is on cooldown (I think I let the trade expire and that must have counted, since none of my trades succeeded)

It said 1 more day last night, and still says 1 more day today. Is it going to be off cooldown today, or tomorrow? I'm not sure if the message changes to 0 days or not. I bred my Copper dragon last night and I want to give the egg to my friend but Ceol is being stubborn and refusing to teleport today. He must know I'm egglocked...

2 minutes ago, BrazenChase said:

Might be a dumb question but this is my first time having a BSA on cooldown. My Magi dragon's teleport is on cooldown (I think I let the trade expire and that must have counted, since none of my trades succeeded)

It said 1 more day last night, and still says 1 more day today. Is it going to be off cooldown today, or tomorrow? I'm not sure if the message changes to 0 days or not. I bred my Copper dragon last night and I want to give the egg to my friend but Ceol is being stubborn and refusing to teleport today. He must know I'm egglocked...

Today - exactly 2x24 hours after the cooldown started.

5 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Today - exactly 2x24 hours after the cooldown started.

Alright, guess I'll keep an eye on him. Thank you!

Is there a trick to make sure eggs hatch at specific times (such as with Sunrise/Sunsets) or is it just down to luck?

5 minutes ago, ViridianIgnis said:

Is there a trick to make sure eggs hatch at specific times (such as with Sunrise/Sunsets) or is it just down to luck?

If you use incubate, you can hatch an egg early to get a specific time. (Doesn't work with Siyats, however.) You can also use fog to prevent an egg from hatching until a specific time. This doesn't require a BSA. Maybe other people have other suggestions as well; this is just what I know off the top of my head.

When breeding prizes with other dragons, are there specific dragons/combos that are harder to get a prize egg from? If so, would that increase their value compared to others?

32 minutes ago, ViridianIgnis said:

A Sun egg must hatch between 6:00 EST and 12:00 EST to become a Sunrise Dragon.

A Sun egg must hatch between 18:00 EST and 00:00 EST to become a Sunset Dragon.

7 hours ago, Kurokosworth said:

When breeding prizes with other dragons, are there specific dragons/combos that are harder to get a prize egg from? If so, would that increase their value compared to others?

Usually, the more recent a breed was released and the more common it is the harder it is to get a prize egg from. Holidays and Guardians of Nature are the exact opposite: GoN and Holidays out of season can only produce prize eggs (because their own breed can't be created by breeding at that time / at all) :)

So, technically, common mates produce rarer prizes.. depends on the individual if they are willing to pay more.

If you have more detailed questions about this feel free to PM me (I didn't want to write a long wall of text here if that was all you were interested in)

1 hour ago, Soulsborne said:

GoN ... can only produce prize eggs

That's only true for Western Prizes because these are neutral. The Eastern ones are water-aligned and as such can produce Avatars of Creation: https://dragcave.net/lineage/3NYsV

6 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

That's only true for Western Prizes because these are neutral. The Eastern ones are water-aligned and as such can produce Avatars of Creation: https://dragcave.net/lineage/3NYsV

True, I kinda always forget about Shimmers because my family seems to be a Tinsel magnet 😅 (so when I hear "prize" there is usually this connotation of "must be a Tinsel")

Has anyone ever seen their shard counter not add up properly? I started today at 2290 and caught/bred a few eggs, but then my counter stopped at 2299 instead of 2300. Meanwhile it also says I hit my 100 shard limit. I'm super certain I've been hitting the limit each week so I thought this was kinda strange. 

image.png.727256d631c402a072f9d8935afdc191.png

I heard that dodges only prevent killing for the next 1 hour now, but every time I try to rekill them hours later I get another dodge. Has anyone had a kill after a dodge in the same day?

Since when is it only an hour? I might not be up to date here, but I remember it being 24 hours...

As far as I know dodges still only clear at midnight.

2 hours ago, olympe said:

Since when is it only an hour? I might not be up to date here, but I remember it being 24 hours...

We don't know. This was said:

and nobody knows if he actually changed that.

Aw man. I mean, I was used to the 24h thing since I've been here for ages, but I felt like everyone was acting like it had actually been changed a while ago. I got 4/5 kills on the 17th anyway.

Do Halloween Dragons (Cave born, when caught) have a shorter time period? like when you catch a dragon in the biomes, they automatically have 7 days to hatch. 

Just asking cause I want 2 of every dragon at least, and I know that wont be possible in 1 day. (unless the Halloween Biome is available this year, then I may have a chance) 

Caveborn holidays are just like any other caveborn dragon. They have the same timer.

Just now, purplehaze said:

Caveborn holidays are just like any other caveborn dragon. They have the same timer.

Dang Nabit. Fingers crossed for Halloween Biome!

Thanks for answering ❤️ :) 

So for holidays... I see there are tons of different dragons from different years on the list for holidays.

Do they all come back. or just new ones? And is it cave hunting or some kind of event since there are badges for it?

Not sure how these work anymore and I'm a little confused. People are talking about prepping and I wonder if I should do something similar but I don't really know what I'm doing.

Edited by BrazenChase

14 minutes ago, BrazenChase said:

Do they all come back. or just new ones? And is it cave hunting or some kind of event since there are badges for it?

Pumpkins (2009), Black Marrows (2010), Shadow Walkers (2011), Cavern Lurkers (2012), Graves (2013), Caligenes (2014), Desipises (2015), Witchlights (2016) and Omen Wyrms (2017) will *probably* be available in the Halloween biome. Vampires (2008) won't. A new breed will drop on 31st of October in all regular biomes.

There is usually an event that has nothing to do with the usual cave business of breeding, catching and trading. Participating in this event usually gets you a badge.

Preparations typically involve finding mates with specific lineages so that during the one week of holiday breeding (and catching), the next holiday generation can be created.

E.g. I got this: https://dragcave.net/lineage/dYdCR as a mate for this: https://dragcave.net/lineage/xawWP so that I can breed a 3rd gen checkered Shadow Walker next week.

Also, people are already negotiating with other players for specific bred Halloweens, since the breeding period is so short which means wasting time waiting for people to respond to messages is something you'd want to minimize by doing it *before* that week.

And of course, there is plenty of killing going on these days to prepare for the 31st as that is the day when trying to revive dead dragons has the highest chance of resulting in an Undead instead.

Edited by Ruby Eyes

1 hour ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Pumpkins (2009), Black Marrows (2010), Shadow Walkers (2011), Cavern Lurkers (2012), Graves (2013), Caligenes (2014), Desipises (2015), Witchlights (2016) and Omen Wyrms (2017) will *probably* be available in the Halloween biome. Vampires (2008) won't. A new breed will drop on 31st of October in all regular biomes.

There is usually an event that has nothing to do with the usual cave business of breeding, catching and trading. Participating in this event usually gets you a badge.

Preparations typically involve finding mates with specific lineages so that during the one week of holiday breeding (and catching), the next holiday generation can be created.

E.g. I got this: https://dragcave.net/lineage/dYdCR as a mate for this: https://dragcave.net/lineage/xawWP so that I can breed a 3rd gen checkered Shadow Walker next week.

Also, people are already negotiating with other players for specific bred Halloweens, since the breeding period is so short which means wasting time waiting for people to respond to messages is something you'd want to minimize by doing it *before* that week.

And of course, there is plenty of killing going on these days to prepare for the 31st as that is the day when trying to revive dead dragons has the highest chance of resulting in an Undead instead.

I see! Thank you for answering my questions again!

2 quick questions.

1. If a fogged hatchie dies ungendered, and it successfully revives as a Zombie on the 31st, it should insta-freeze as ungendered still, yes?

I'm truly hoping so as this year I got lucky and a lot of my dead hatchies stayed ungendered.

2. If they revive successfully, they insta-freeze and take up no slots, correct? 

Thanks!

I think I'm having issues with my scroll sort order? I want to have the eggs and hatchlings on top, then two dragons who are special to me, and then have all my other dragons in order of date (the default) but whenever I do this, new eggs I get are put on top of the other eggs which throws off the order they are supposed to be in (usually new eggs go to the bottom of the egg/hatchling section)

does anyone know how to fix this?