Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Is holiday egg always guaranteed during holiday breeding week?  If so, does using fertilize have any effect?  Does it affect chances of getting more multiple eggs?

17 minutes ago, QVic said:

Is holiday egg always guaranteed during holiday breeding week?  If so, does using fertilize have any effect?  Does it affect chances of getting more multiple eggs?

It is usually guaranteed to give holiday eggs. I believe only time it doesn't is if you breed right at the beginning of the 25th and TJ might not have activated holiday breeding yet. I typically wait until I have seen a holiday egg bred before breeding myself.

Fertilize does not have an effect on multiclutch, from what I understand of the BSA.

2 hours ago, QVic said:

If you ever intend to breed your dragon pair outside of holiday breeding season it is still a good plan to use fertility. While they won't refuse during holiday breeding, some refusals have happened outside of the holiday season if the dragons were first bred during the season. I'm not sure if using fertility on them for that first holiday breeding will prevent that or not, but it might be worth trying.

It's unnecessary to use Fertility during the Holiday breeding seasons now, there used to be a bug regarding it (where not using Fertility during holiday seasons could result in a refusal outside the holidays), but TJ fixed that. :) It has no effect on multi-clutch sizes either.

Are green or blue Baikala dragons considered rare? 

1 minute ago, Syiren said:

Are green or blue Baikala dragons considered rare? 

blue seems to be the color everyone is looking for.

1 minute ago, DragonLady86 said:

blue seems to be the color everyone is looking for.

I see, thanks. ^^ I was just curious because I've been seeing a few people in the trading market asking for low-gen Shimmers and other CB metals for them in return and I was confused. Thank you! ^_^

I won't ever understand- why do people love prizes bred to things that are impossible to get a shiny egg from? Scripts, leodons... Why?! 

I mean I guess some people like pairs, but dang. Really everyone? Lol

16 hours ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

Does anyone know who Amy.x is on the forums? 

It looks like they changed their username to amy.

38 minutes ago, Nightwalkerkey said:

I won't ever understand- why do people love prizes bred to things that are impossible to get a shiny egg from? Scripts, leodons... Why?! 

Maybe they just like the way the pairing looks and don't realize how hard it is to get a shiny from them. If they don't breed much themselves they might not understand the difficulty.

Hi sorry if this is a daft question, but is it okay for me to have the tiny url for my eggs in my forum signature here?

I'm not active on any other forums, so I was hoping to have them on display here.

The rules state not to make threads asking for egg/dragon views, but does the signature fall under that rule too?

6 hours ago, Nightwalkerkey said:

Well, first and foremost, like Purplehaze says, some people just love the way it looks. I have a Bronze Tin x Cassare line that is very lovely, but also very stubborn.

The other and I believe bigger thing though is trade value. 3g Prizes still trade well (shockingly), but they don’t have the power they used to. Ones from super ultra rare pairings are, in contrast, worth more—especially to the diehard collectors. I won’t name him, although he’s free to reveal himself, but there’s one such prize collector who is always on the lookout for rare new pairings and will pay me CB Silvers and Halloween hatchies to get them! When you have high level collectors like that around—or even just average traders who still see the value in a rare line—it makes sense to go for them. I love the way things like, say, Silver Shimmer x Green Copper looks, but the pairing is so prevalent it’s hard to trade them. So if I like, say, Teimarr x Gold Shimmer just as much AND they trade far better, why wouldn’t I go for it?

(I half suspect your question was rhetorical, though, so I wish you well in your agony. When I trade with Prize owners I usually offer them an out where I’ll pick an easier mate if they don’t cooperate for some time, because I’ve seen the struggles some of you poor people go through. XD)

18 minutes ago, Harebelle said:

Hi sorry if this is a daft question, but is it okay for me to have the tiny url for my eggs in my forum signature here?

I'm not active on any other forums, so I was hoping to have them on display here.

The rules state not to make threads asking for egg/dragon views, but does the signature fall under that rule too?

View links to growing creatures(eggs, hatchlings) are not allowed on any part of the forums, including signatures.

You can post the link to your scroll in your sig or use fansites to gain views, such as allure of neglected dragons, evina's draghatch, dragon egg drop soup, etc. :)

4 minutes ago, SkyWolf25 said:

View links to growing creatures(eggs, hatchlings) are not allowed on any part of the forums, including signatures.

You can post the link to your scroll in your sig or use fansites to gain views, such as allure of neglected dragons, evina's draghatch, dragon egg drop soup, etc. :)

Thanks very much for explaining. :)

Can Sinomorph x GoN pairing ever result into an Avatar? I know the Sino is neutral, but is not listed as a non-avatar pairing on wikia either.

32 minutes ago, camelia2 said:

Can Sinomorph x GoN pairing ever result into an Avatar? I know the Sino is neutral, but is not listed as a non-avatar pairing on wikia either.

No, there is no neutral avatar so anything neutral aligned will result in a refusal when paired with a GON.

1 hour ago, DragonLady86 said:

No, there is no neutral avatar so anything neutral aligned will result in a refusal when paired with a GON.

Ummm...no,  I got 2 zyu from the pair before and saw many zyus from GoNxSino... someone with experience please?

Okay, so I haven't been on this website since 2014 so this might be an outdated question...

I am looking for the owner of a name and I believe there was a way to look up dragons by name instead of code back when I started playing. Is that option still available?

Also, do names become available when an owner becomes inactive still? I noticed when I got back quite a few of my named dragons were now nameless, so I assume yes but i'm not sure. If so, how long? The two names I am looking at, the owners have been inactive for at least a year.

Edited by MysticTiger

15 minutes ago, camelia2 said:

Ummm...no,  I got 2 zyu from the pair before and saw many zyus from GoNxSino... someone with experience please?

Unfortunately the pairing can only produce Zyus. A lot of us tried breeding GoN x Sino when the latter was released and nobody has seen an Avatar from that combo - makes sense as they can't produce Change, Creation or Destruction Avatars due to lacking the proper elemental affinities.

9 minutes ago, MysticTiger said:

Also, do names become available when an owner becomes inactive still? I noticed when I got back quite a few of my named dragons were now nameless, so I assume yes but i'm not sure.

It used to be that way but it changed at some point (maybe in the last few years?), now dragons keep their names regardless of inactivity. IIRC right now the only way for a dragon to lose their name is if the owner removes it manually, or if the dragon has an offensive name and TJ removes it himself.

Well, that is absolutely the worst lol
So I guess i'm just out of luck for all the names I lost and forget trying to get new ones 

Thanks for the answer!

There's been discussion around making further changes such as allowing active players to swipe names from old, inactive scrolls but nobody knows if that will actually be a real thing. Sorry for the loss of your dragon's names. :( I'd be really bummed out if I lost mine as I have so many named dragons and it's not easy coming up with new ones these days.