Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

So the wiki says that spinel wyverns bred with earth element dragons have " a chance to produce a green variant instead of the usual violet." Is that "chance" 100% or what? I've been trying to produce a checker mate for months and every single time it's come out green. Should I just give up here?

In THEORY it should work. In practice it never ever has. TCA said something a while ago, that they are supposed to be able to breed either colour:

I accidentally influenced an egg to be the wrong gender... There used to be a thread that would allow you to post asking for help to solve things like this (thought it was "Scroll Helpers" but that's not it...). I can't find it - does anyone know where this thread is / if it's still active?

Edit: It was "Random Scroll Help and Missed Connections" - sorry guys, I'd been searching for a while and couldn't find anything XD 

Edited by Labyrinthian

So, is there a way to see all the trades in the trading hub on the main site? I can see one page but is there a way to look at all of them?

Just now, jumpsnake said:

So, is there a way to see all the trades in the trading hub on the main site? I can see one page but is there a way to look at all of them?

Not currently. We can see one page of 'recent' trades then you can search via dragon breed.

3 minutes ago, Kaini said:

Not currently. We can see one page of 'recent' trades then you can search via dragon breed.

Ok, thanks. That seems silly, but at least I know! I thought I was missing something obvious.

11 hours ago, tjekan said:

So the wiki says that spinel wyverns bred with earth element dragons have " a chance to produce a green variant instead of the usual violet." Is that "chance" 100% or what? I've been trying to produce a checker mate for months and every single time it's come out green. Should I just give up here?

If the earth element dragon is question is NOT a spinel wyvern, I would not get my hopes up. Harvests, golds, plated colossi, etc. should always produce green variants.

Two questions relating to incubation:

1. Will the 5-hour wait to trade/abandon an egg be removed directly after using Incubate, or will the egg still be considered too young?

2. When is the best time to use the BSA? To specify, I'm asking if it's better to immediately bring it down to 6 days or if I should wait until the egg has a big hole and it has 5 days left. 

@Lucere @purplehaze Thank you for the answers!

Edited by scalesofgrey

1 minute ago, scalesofgrey said:

1. Will the 5-hour wait to trade/abandon an egg be removed directly after using Incubate, or will the egg still be considered too young?

2. When is the best time to use the BSA? To specify, I'm asking if it's better to immediately bring it down to 6 days or if I should wait until the egg has a big hole and it has 5 days left. 

1. Unfortunately, the 5-hour wait still applies even after using incubate.

2. Honestly it depends on user preference. I tend to incubate (and use other BSAs) straight away, while others prefer to wait until the egg is at the final stage of cracking + at five days left. One of the disadvantages of using incubate right away is if you need/want to abandon the egg later for whatever reason, you've basically wasted an incubate. 

51 minutes ago, scalesofgrey said:

1.As Lucere said, the 5 hour wait still applies after incubation.

2. I always influence and incubate my eggs right away. It gives me a better idea of when they can actually hatch. Keep in mind, though, that it does not affect the likelihood of an egg getting sick from too many views at too young an age. It still will behave like a 7 day egg in reaction to views, even though its timer says 6 days.

6 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

Account- change sort order- breed name 

-SAVE (NEVER forget SAVE !)

21 hours ago, Dirtytabs said:

If the earth element dragon is question is NOT a spinel wyvern, I would not get my hopes up. Harvests, golds, plated colossi, etc. should always produce green variants.

That's unfortunate. I bred a 2nd-gen mutamore from spinel last Valentine's on the misassumption I'd be able to breed a checker mate for it eventually. Oh well, some dragons just aren't as much use for breeding plans as others. It's too bad spinels are one of them, they're very pretty.

There used to be a thread to trade / gift / ask for help on mate for even gen checker.  I forgot the thread name.  (That's what happened when you come back after years of hiatus.)  Can someone help?  Thanks.

@13310 thanks!!

@rinoa26 oh! didn't know about this.  thanks :D

Edited by teresadurfin

19 minutes ago, teresadurfin said:

There used to be a thread to trade / gift / ask for help on mate for even gen checker.  I forgot the thread name.  (That's what happened when you come back after years of hiatus.)  Can someone help?  Thanks.

Here are two, but there are maybe more.

https://forums.dragcave.net/topic/122957-lineage-gifting-requests-and-trading-centre/

https://forums.dragcave.net/topic/123059-even-generations-trading-and-gifting-centre/

1 hour ago, teresadurfin said:

@13310 thanks!!

You might also find this helpful if you're looking for checkers:

If I have my scroll hidden can people still visit one of my groups if they have the link?

Test: Here is one of my groups https://dragcave.net/group/14014

My scroll is hidden at the moment. Can you still see the group of dragons?

Edited by purplehaze

It seems like I can no longer use lineage links of eggs still in the cave. I used to do that a lot to check whether a Dorsal or Ridgewing was an alt before I caught it, and it worked for me every time. Today I tried that several times and the site told me 'Page Not Found'. Is that the case for everyone else? Did TJ patch it up? If it's really been fixed and isn't just a glitch, there goes my little trick for catching alt Dorsals and Ridgewings :^(

I tried this a few days ago to see if a code has a l (L) or I (i) and it didn't work. Didn't know people used this to check for alts

Edited by Nandeenah

40 minutes ago, Tomato_Juice said:

It seems like I can no longer use lineage links of eggs still in the cave. I used to do that a lot to check whether a Dorsal or Ridgewing was an alt before I caught it, and it worked for me every time. Today I tried that several times and the site told me 'Page Not Found'. Is that the case for everyone else? Did TJ patch it up? If it's really been fixed and isn't just a glitch, there goes my little trick for catching alt Dorsals and Ridgewings :^(

Oh no 😧

I just checked, indeed it's been changed so that you can't check for alts >< Well there are going to be a lot more CB Purple Ridgewings and Purple Dorsals in AP I guess...

It's been like that for absolutely ages. It does make it fairer for all.

1 hour ago, Aalbiel said:

Oh no 😧

I just checked, indeed it's been changed so that you can't check for alts >< Well there are going to be a lot more CB Purple Ridgewings and Purple Dorsals in AP I guess...

Maybe that is why I was able to pull two incuhatchable purple RWs out of the AP in one hunting session. ;)