Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

3 minutes ago, Predat0rs said:

A few Hatchlings will grow up any second now, but... Uhm... this isn't supposed to happen, right?

image.png.65fab0d70f5ec797af840527273777fd.png

Tried to zombify anything recently? :D

14 hours ago, Predat0rs said:

A few Hatchlings will grow up any second now, but... Uhm... this isn't supposed to happen, right?

image.png.65fab0d70f5ec797af840527273777fd.png

It's fine, you just can't pick anything up until you're unlocked again.  That happens when you kill and successfully revive still growing hatchlings.  (It's the only way to do it.)  Ok it's the only way I was aware of, but multi-clutch held eggs would also do that I guess.  /learn something new everyday

Edited by DragonLady86

2 minutes ago, DragonLady86 said:

It's fine, you just can't pick anything up until you're unlocked again.  That happens when you kill and successfully revive still growing hatchlings.  (It's the only way to do it.) 

Interesting. I never saw that before!

I haven't tried to kill anything lately. :/
image.png.e911d70fd2ca9dd27ec089206608c941.png

Someone else revived a Hatchie then traded me it, maybe? xD

Edited by Predat0rs

The only other explanation I'd have is that of those 3 eggs in the counter, at least 2 were held eggs from Celestial breeding.

If you got the hatchie from someone else you couldn't have taken it anyway if you were locked, and I don't think the revival thing would have counted once it hit your scroll. But the Celestial thing would make sense only if it had been an EGG. The figures there do suggest it was a hatchie that was over the limit. unless you had one or no eggs and then bred a celestial ?.

4 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

The figures there do suggest it was a hatchie

No they don't. There were 3 eggs, and 25 growing things total, not 25 hatchies.

No. I know - but if nothing was killed and revived, that means it has to have been an egg that went over. I don't believe that someone else's revived hatchie would have been able to be picked up if Predator was already at the limit - what went over the limit has to have been an egg.

Would text replacement scripts/add-ons count as cheating?

I'm really sick of golden wyverns in particular making me click on them every time because, y'know, instinct when u see "gold." There are a couple other breeds that mess me up, too.

If I got a browser add-on that allowed me to change the text, would that be against the rules? 

what is the best way to hunt a specific breed of egg in the cave? i'm trying to figure out a strategy, but all i can imagine is people just clicking through the cave biomes quickly and maniacally day after day, and i'm fairly sure that's not what happens lol

29 minutes ago, Alrexwolf said:

I'm really sick of golden wyverns in particular making me click on them every time because, y'know, instinct when u see "gold." There are a couple other breeds that mess me up, too.

If I got a browser add-on that allowed me to change the text, would that be against the rules? 

Even if you wouldn't consider this as giving you an unfair advantage, I would still avoid using any scripts/add-ons that modify the page or game in any way. 

Just now, Dekka said:

what is the best way to hunt a specific breed of egg in the cave? i'm trying to figure out a strategy, but all i can imagine is people just clicking through the cave biomes quickly and maniacally day after day, and i'm fairly sure that's not what happens lol

Make sure you know what biome the breed you're looking for can be caught in. Be ready for the 5 minute reshuffles and load the page at that time. Persist and persevere.

It really depends what you're looking for - if you're hoping to stumble across a Gold in the cave, it really is just about luck and making yourself available as much as possible in the cave. But if you're after something more common than that, such as one of the new Black Truffles or a Zyumorph or something, then checking at the five minute shuffles can be really helpful. 

Edited by StormWizard212

Make sure you know what biome the breed you're looking for can be caught in. Be ready for the 5 minute reshuffles and load the page at that time. Persist and persevere.

It really depends what you're looking for - if you're hoping to stumble across a Gold in the cave, it really is just about luck and making yourself available as much as possible in the cave. But if you're after something more common than that, such as one of the new Black Truffles or a Zyumorph or something, then checking at the five minute shuffles can be really helpful. 

thank you, for some reason i was thinking it only shuffled at 15 minute intervals, but knowing there are 5 minute shuffles is encouraging !

8 minutes ago, Dekka said:

thank you, for some reason i was thinking it only shuffled at 15 minute intervals, but knowing there are 5 minute shuffles is encouraging !

Yep, every five minutes. So it starts at xx:00 for the hourly drop (where there is often a delay of up to about 30 seconds before the new eggs drop) and then they shuffle at xx:05, xx:10, xx:15 etc. :)

1 hour ago, Alrexwolf said:

That definitely seems like it would fall under the 'Using browser addons, scripts, or other tools that modify pages on the Dragon Cave site in order to give users of said addons an advantage over other users' thing in the Terms, since it would be modifying the page to help you avoid mistake-clicking which would definitely be an advantage when hunting. 

1 hour ago, Dekka said:

lol That's actually what I do for hours every day, clicking through the biomes as fast and as much as possible. For breeds that are in every biome that's the best way to do it, really, be there for the 5-minute shuffle and just click through as fast as you can (but make sure not to accidentally click *past* what you are looking for, lol). It's a little easier for breeds that are only in certain biomes, since you just have to refresh that page over and over.

4 hours ago, Alrexwolf said:

I am absolutely sure that would be against the rules. We all have that problem. We all have to live with it.

Has anyone else had their "Filter By" dropbox broken?  I have to manually search my scroll for the BSAs and breedings I want right now.

Drop down box is working fine for me on chrome with fancy setup on older laptop pretending to be a desktop.

7 hours ago, Gryphonic said:

Has anyone else had their "Filter By" dropbox broken?  I have to manually search my scroll for the BSAs and breedings I want right now.

Have you tried another browser? Maybe it works after clearing your browser cache.

I have a question regarding Zombie lineages. Say you have a 4rd gen dragon, you kill the 3rd gen parents and succesfully manage to Zombify them, what will the 4th gen's lineage look like? Cut off with tombstones like regular orphaned dragons or will the rest of the lineage be visible? Figured I'd check before massacring my CB Wyrms for a zombie evengen project ;)

Edited by Mirhana

The rest of the lineage will be visible. It will look exactly like a regular lineage, just with a zombie (or zombie-tombstone) in those two places.

2 hours ago, Nightwalkerkey said:

What's the rules of SPLASH again? Used for 40 days? 

No, I believe it is 100 splashes, so the number of days would depend on how many Shallow Waters you have to use. You can use each of them once every 24 hours.

1 hour ago, purplehaze said:

No, I believe it is 100 splashes, so the number of days would depend on how many Shallow Waters you have to use. You can use each of them once every 24 hours.

Oh I thought it was only able to count 1 per day, no matter how many you use. 

12 hours ago, Mirhana said:

I have a question regarding Zombie lineages. Say you have a 4rd gen dragon, you kill the 3rd gen parents and succesfully manage to Zombify them, what will the 4th gen's lineage look like? Cut off with tombstones like regular orphaned dragons or will the rest of the lineage be visible? Figured I'd check before massacring my CB Wyrms for a zombie evengen project ;)

Here's an example: https://dragcave.net/lineage/i5jQ