Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

3 minutes ago, DuskOfTheStars said:

I can still see it, but I did have a concept get into CL once.

Thanks!

Also, I just remembered that I have a way of differentiating public/hidden subforums. Woops xwx

2 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

Question: Is there a way to read a PM without it showing as read to the other person? Had a PMed gift claimed, but the PM is still showing 'not read yet' under the user's name. I'm assuming it was read and claimed by that person and it just isn't showing for some reason, but a part of me is concerned that somehow someone else claimed the one-way transfer (though I didn't post it anywhere else!). 

I ran into this recently and was puzzled until someone told me that if the other person gets email notifications about PMs, they can claim the transfer directly from the email without going to the PM itself.

6 hours ago, purplehaze said:

I ran into this recently and was puzzled until someone told me that if the other person gets email notifications about PMs, they can claim the transfer directly from the email without going to the PM itself.

I can confirm this;' someone sent me a message the other day and then decided to delete part of it - but I had already read the whole thing in my email. (And yes, I have also collected transfers directly from an email, too.)

I know I should've figured this out by now, but...how do I put texts and images in a spoiler/hidden text thing in posts? Is it the hide toggle at the bottom or is it something else? And can I do multiple in one post or just one?

Edited by SheridanCharon

39 minutes ago, SheridanCharon said:

I know I should've figured this out by now, but...how do I put texts and images in a spoiler/hidden text thing in posts? Is it the hide toggle at the bottom or is it something else? And can I do multiple in one post or just one?

The Eye icon (next to the emoji button)  is the spoiler tag. and yes, you can have more than one.  The hide button at the bottom hides a post, so no one but mods can see it.  (only way to get rid of a post now that we can't delete our own) but you won't be able to get it back either. 

Spoiler

Just like this

Spoiler

nothing here, just for proof.  :)

Edited by DragonLady86
more clarification

Thanks for letting me know, but I'm looking at my hud and there's no eye button. There's the bold, underline, italics, link, quote, emoji, bullet points, list and preview buttons, but nothing else. Is it possible that it's not showing because I'm using a mobile device?

25 minutes ago, SheridanCharon said:

Thanks for letting me know, but I'm looking at my hud and there's no eye button. There's the bold, underline, italics, link, quote, emoji, bullet points, list and preview buttons, but nothing else. Is it possible that it's not showing because I'm using a mobile device?

I don't know on mobile, but on my computer, if I have the screen windowed, some of the buttons disappear unless I make the window a larger size. 

18 hours ago, Quetzals said:

Which type of "alts" are decreasing the chances of a DR getting released? Biome alts? Breeding-only alts? Or both?

So, uh, anyone could answer? Bump for new page!

29 minutes ago, Quetzals said:

So, uh, anyone could answer? Bump for new page!

I think no-one in TLQ has any idea. You might get more response here:

Why can’t i view the completed requests? I think I used to be able to, and I know that people who have a concept in CL can see it, but I don’t know why I suddenly can’t.

It is now closed to public view. Just happened today, I believe, or yesterday, after a lot of discussion surrounding this most recent dragon release.

22 hours ago, SheridanCharon said:

I just checked on my phone, and yes, I don't have a button to add a spoiler there. However, it still seems to be possible to use BBCode.

This spoiler has been created by using BBCode.

[spoiler]This spoiler has been created by using BBCode.[/spoiler]

If you want to make absolutely sure, when having used BBCode, that you did the spoiler correctly so that you don't accidentally spoil others, you should be able to use the preview button (the button with the magnifying glass that is held over a sheet of paper), even on a phone. It should show the spoiler in a light grey box with the text you wrote as a spoiler in it, the top border of the box should look especially bold. While the spoiler is still visible to you in the preview, one will have to unfold it in order to view it once it is posted.

I just had to use Ward.

The message you get after you use it reads:

Bianco Quinto casts protective magic over the egg, warding it against sickness.

It doesn't - it prevents DEATH for that 6 hours. Shouldn't that message be changed ?

30 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

It doesn't - it prevents DEATH for that 6 hours. Shouldn't that message be changed ?

Probably, yes. I wouldn't hold out too much hope of change though what with the current rate of typo correction :nyan:

Recently I've noticed that when I click on the forum emoji button all the shown emojis are black and white. I didn't change any settings, so I'm not sure why they aren't colored anymore. They all look somewhat creepy in black and white. 😁 Thanks!

2rnd3pv.png

ETA-  Thanks Fuzz! The heck?! :blink: Didn't they used to be up top? I don't recall having to scroll alllllllll the way down to find them before.

Edited by jocosa

The coloured ones are in there too, right down the bottom. I HATE all the extra stuff.

The good thing is that once I use a certain emoji it seems to stay at the top of the list. That way, unless I want something new, I don't have to scroll.

mine is mixed. some are colored some are not.    (the "old" ones are still at the bottom though).   I wonder what the diffrence is.  You can clearly see the only ones I've used recently above them, so it isn't that. 

dragcave emojis.png

Might be a different font depending on the browser/device used.

Can neglecteds not be traded via the Trading Hub, or is it just impossible to use them as a filter criterion? (Or are they listed under some other obscure name?)

12 minutes ago, Lastalda said:

Can neglecteds not be traded via the Trading Hub, or is it just impossible to use them as a filter criterion? (Or are they listed under some other obscure name?)

You need to unlock them in the Encyclopedia for them to show up in the drop-down menu. Right now, there don't seem to be any offered, though.

6 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

You need to unlock them in the Encyclopedia for them to show up in the drop-down menu. Right now, there don't seem to be any offered, though.

Ah, thank you!

ETA: I just unlocked them (everythign except the egg sprite, but the breed name shows up fine on NDs) and they're still not showing up as an option?

Maybe this takes a while to be registered...?

Edited by Lastalda

@Lastalda I'm pretty sure you need that egg sprite unlocked -- which for the NDs can be a bit tricky!

😮 "A bit", you say...

But thanks for the info, I'll keep my eyes out, then...

4 minutes ago, Lastalda said:

😮 "A bit", you say...

But thanks for the info, I'll keep my eyes out, then...

XD Might have been "a bit" of an understatement.

People sometimes post their dead eggs on the Encyclopedia Helpers page, because those work, too. There is one there now, about the third post from the bottom that should still be good.