Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

14 minutes ago, Whirlaway said:

You can't delete but you can hide them in options.

Ah, so we can't do it anymore. Ok, thanks!

Edited by Helel

Hey, anyone remember exactly when the Black dragon hatchlings were changed (long ago)? On the wiki it shows the old sprites, the sitting ones with long necks, but it doesn't mention when the change happened and it's driving me nuts trying to remember. It must've been after January 2010 because I have scroll screenshots of the old ones from then... 

How do you go about finding images for eggs/ hatchies/ etc. to post within the forum? The ones from the Wiki turn out poor quality and big (unless I'm missing something).  

So like this:

Melismor_egg.png

If someone precog's something to be male, then trades it, does precog stay male 100%? Or do you have to precog/influence it male

Just now, Nightwalkerkey said:

If someone precog's something to be male, then trades it, does precog stay male 100%? Or do you have to precog/influence it male

Yes, the precognition result will stay the same regardless of scroll. So it will be male.

Thank you.

If I delete a user from the conversation in PM's, then delete the pm, will they still get it and be able to read it even if they haven't "read" it when I delete it?

If you delete them from the conversation they wont even be able to see that there are new messages (or reply to you anymore) as far as I'm aware.

1 hour ago, Nightwalkerkey said:

Precog doesn't DO anything to the egg; it just tells you what it is. There's nothing to change.

Why is the "accept" button greyed out for me on a trade offer? Decline appears to be clickable but I don't want to decline the trade.

edit: Nevermind! Found the answer (they're trying to accept more eggs than they can handle)

Edited by LadyNightshade

2 minutes ago, LadyNightshade said:

Why is the "accept" button greyed out for me on a trade offer? Decline appears to be clickable but I don't want to decline the trade.

Are you trying to accept more than will fit on your scroll? E.g. if you have 7 of 8 eggs already, you cannot accept a trade with two eggs in it.

3 minutes ago, LadyNightshade said:

Are you egglocked or hatchie locked, including what they're offering? ex:you have one eggslot, but they offer 2 eggs. Can't accept

It was actually the other way around, I had three eggs and they were offering two, but they're egglocked and can only make a 2:2 trade. Makes total sense now why it's greyed!

6 hours ago, RavenWolf1010 said:

How do you go about finding images for eggs/ hatchies/ etc. to post within the forum? The ones from the Wiki turn out poor quality and big (unless I'm missing something).  

So like this:

Melismor_egg.png

You can grab the image link from the Wiki, but before pasting you have to delete the "s" from the https:// (so it starts with just http://)

8 hours ago, Nightwalkerkey said:

Thank you.

If I delete a user from the conversation in PM's, then delete the pm, will they still get it and be able to read it even if they haven't "read" it when I delete it?

7 hours ago, DragonLady86 said:

If you delete them from the conversation they wont even be able to see that there are new messages (or reply to you anymore) as far as I'm aware.

Just note that if they activated email notifications for their account, they will get a copy of each PM no matter if you later withdraw it or not. So if you send someone a transfer and find out it's the wrong recipient, you better not only remove them from the conversation but also cancel the teleport and re-make it.

I submitted a description a while back and just remembered to check on its status. I found on the dragon's page that the description was rejected, but I have no idea why. Is there a place to see the reasons why it was rejected? It adheres to the description guidelines as far as I'm aware, but if it doesn't I don't know why or what it violates. 

11 minutes ago, hazeh said:

I submitted a description a while back and just remembered to check on its status. I found on the dragon's page that the description was rejected, but I have no idea why. Is there a place to see the reasons why it was rejected? It adheres to the description guidelines as far as I'm aware, but if it doesn't I don't know why or what it violates. 

You can ask about it in this thread.

10 minutes ago, Nightwatcher said:

Is there a reason the musky eggs are so popular?

Hard to find, mostly. Seems people are afraid they are going to be rarish.

2 hours ago, Nightwatcher said:

Is there a reason the musky eggs are so popular?

They're new.

...and if you try really hard you can see a rainbow on the egg.

Questions regarding the trading hub:

How often do the offers rotate? It seems like such a small offering group, compared to how many people I'm assuming use it.

How do  I know any trades I add to it actually make it into the viewable section of trades? 

Thanks!

ETA- Thanks HeatherMarie & Jazeki! Not ideal for sure, but now I have at least an idea of when a new group of trades gets herded in.  I never see mine show up in the hub so aside from an offer, I'm was never sure when or if they did. Thanks, again!

Edited by jocosa

2 minutes ago, jocosa said:

Questions regarding the trading hub:

How often do the offers rotate? It seems like such a small offering group, compared to how many people I'm assuming use it.

How do  I know any trades I add to it actually make it into the viewable section of trades? 

Thanks!

If by offers you mean trades, they don't rotate, what is shown is the most recently posted trades. There is currently no way to see all trades or see older trades that have been bumped off the page, which is why a lot of people actually cancel and remake older trades in order to make them show again. That's really the only way to make sure that a trade is being seen, if it's been awhile since it was posted... It's not an ideal situation at all, but until we get the ability to go through pages of the trades (which TJ has said is coming...) it's all we have.

To add, it looks like all recent trades are within the past two-ish hours, so your best bet to get trades seen is to also post in the respective threads on the forum (unless you want to cancel and bump/repost like most other users).