Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

53 minutes ago, Kegluneq said:

Does anyone know if this topic: 

had some sort of cleaning up of posts? I had my wishlist posted there but I'm unable to find my post.

I really need it >.< 

Yes, last year at some point. The according announcement was up for about a month or so before the cleanup was actually done (on 1st of September 2017).

Sorry, you'll need to repost if yours wasn't updated on time!

Edited by Ruby Eyes

I'm finally building up my Pygmy troops, and only just noticed that Nilia and Dark Myst don't have a "breed" line. At first I thought maybe it was a encyclopedia thing, since prior to this I didn't really have many on my scroll.  When I looked in the encyclopedia though, the Nilia shows up for me so now I'm not sure if that's the case or not. Is it?

ETA- Just adding to my pygmy group, and found that the Dusk doesn't show up when searching by pygmy or dusk and the common one doesn't come up when searching by pygmy either. Why is that?

Edited by jocosa

4 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Yes, last year at some point. The according announcement was up for about a month or so before the cleanup was actually done (on 1st of September 2017).

Sorry, you'll need to repost if yours wasn't updated on time!

I see. Last year I was kinda AWOL and I missed that announcment...

Thank you, Ruby Eyes ^^

1 hour ago, maylin said:

How do I check if my message box gets full on the new system?

There seems to be no limit on the new system, or TJ has not set one, at least.

3 hours ago, jocosa said:

I'm finally building up my Pygmy troops, and only just noticed that Nilia and Dark Myst don't have a "breed" line. At first I thought maybe it was a encyclopedia thing, since prior to this I didn't really have many on my scroll.  When I looked in the encyclopedia though, the Nilia shows up for me so now I'm not sure if that's the case or not. Is it?

ETA- Just adding to my pygmy group, and found that the Dusk doesn't show up when searching by pygmy or dusk and the common one doesn't come up when searching by pygmy either. Why is that?

Well I just checked, and the Dark Myst and Nilia 'breed' lines both show up for me on their view pages. I'm also able to add my Dusks to groups by typing in 'dusk' on the add dragons page. So I'd assume it probably is an Encyclopedia issue. Maybe they show up but need one or two more 'dragons viewed' to actually be listed elsewhere?

edit: Got a question of my own now. What exactly does the other person see when you decline an offer on a trade? I'm sure there must be some sort of notification or note somewhere saying it's been declined, but where, and what does it say?

Edited by Marie19R

It doesn't, @Marie19R.  It even shows up as an active teleport until you click the egg or hatchie. Then it just goes to that dragon's view page. You can check trades faster by clicking from the dragon in question's view page first, though. It saves an extra step.

I have a question!

So, this morning, I bred two of my dragons, got an egg and at the top of the scroll it says 'Viewing 1 to 50of 50'. However, it still says I can only get 4 eggs, and the trophy doesn't show up. Do I need 50 adult dragons or 50 dragons in total?

@Andromen If I recall correctly, you need 50 adult dragons or frozen hatchlings in total. Once you reach that, you should obtain the Bronze trophy. :)

Edit:

The same deal applies for Silver, Gold and Platinum trophies, each needing 200, 500 and 1,000 adult/frozen hatchlings in total.

Edited by Omen

If I use Stun, it means the hatchling cannot grow up until its timer has 3 days remaining, correct? Or will it just have 24 hours from when I use the action?

Stun adds 24 hours to the hatchlings timer plus prevents it from gaining views (and thus growing up) for the next 48 hours.

Just now, Terces said:

Stun adds 24 hours to the hatchlings timer plus prevents it from gaining views (and thus growing up) for the next 48 hours.

Oh wow, that's better than I realized. I'll have to carefully time my stun, though. Thank you!

19 hours ago, Marie19R said:

Well I just checked, and the Dark Myst and Nilia 'breed' lines both show up for me on their view pages. I'm also able to add my Dusks to groups by typing in 'dusk' on the add dragons page. So I'd assume it probably is an Encyclopedia issue. Maybe they show up but need one or two more 'dragons viewed' to actually be listed elsewhere?

Huh, must be related to the encyclopedia then somehow. As far as a "breed" line showing up.

Not sure what was up with the Dusks not showing up in the group search though. I had to manually add them (And the Nilias) to my pygmy group, because the only "dusk" it found was an old Yulebuck with dusk in its name.

5 minutes ago, jocosa said:

Huh, must be related to the encyclopedia then somehow. As far as a "breed" line showing up.

Not sure what was up with the Dusks not showing up in the group search though. I had to manually add them (And the Nilias) to my pygmy group, because the only "dusk" it found was an old Yulebuck with dusk in its name.

Both the "Breed:" line and the filtering depend on your Encyclopedia unlocks. You need to unlock each stage and alt separately, e.g. adult Dusk Pygmy for the line to show up on adult Dusk Pygmy view pages, or adult red Copper for the line to show up on a red Copper's view page. Likewise, the filtering won't know what you are talking about until you unlock it all (it's the same for Fertility filters).

If you have every image unlocked and it's still not working, a glitch thread may be in order (happened to me some years ago with Coppers). But do make sure you have everything unlockable unlocked first. The Encyclopedia Helpers thread is quite useful for that.

Edited by Ruby Eyes

11 hours ago, LibbyLishly said:

If I use Stun, it means the hatchling cannot grow up until its timer has 3 days remaining, correct? Or will it just have 24 hours from when I use the action?

It can't grow up until 48 hours after you use Stun, if I remember correctly. It prevents hatchies from getting views for two days, and they need a last view to trigger growing up, even if they're otherwise ready to go.

I have a question and I'm not sure if it's been asked or if there is a thread somewhere concerning it? In my Notifications it shows whenever someone quoted/mentioned me, commented on something I'm following, etc. Is there any way to clean out the Notifications? Like delete everything so there isn't pages worth of old stuff whenever I click on it?

4 hours ago, Fabula said:

I have a question and I'm not sure if it's been asked or if there is a thread somewhere concerning it? In my Notifications it shows whenever someone quoted/mentioned me, commented on something I'm following, etc. Is there any way to clean out the Notifications? Like delete everything so there isn't pages worth of old stuff whenever I click on it?

You could try the "Mark site read" in the top right corner. I don't have any notifications right now so I can't try it out, but it may be worth a try.

Tried it, all that does is mark the entire forums as read instead of unread if I haven't clicked on it. Didn't effect my Notifications. :\ I'm guessing there isn't a way to delete them and clear out the Notifications area but, I wanted to make sure I wasn't simply missing something because that's not impossible with me. XD

I think it's just another of the nightmare things about the new invision software.... Other forums I'm on you can just go to view all notifications and then delete the lot.

20 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Both the "Breed:" line and the filtering depend on your Encyclopedia unlocks. You need to unlock each stage and alt separately, e.g. adult Dusk Pygmy for the line to show up on adult Dusk Pygmy view pages, or adult red Copper for the line to show up on a red Copper's view page. Likewise, the filtering won't know what you are talking about until you unlock it all (it's the same for Fertility filters).

If you have every image unlocked and it's still not working, a glitch thread may be in order (happened to me some years ago with Coppers). But do make sure you have everything unlockable unlocked first. The Encyclopedia Helpers thread is quite useful for that.

Just checked, and both Nilia and Dusk are unlocked, all images showing. Their breedline shows, but finding them in a "add to group" search just didn't locate them at all. I'm still adding assorted pygmies to my scroll, so I'll see what happens with the next new batch. Thanks!

The filter works for me, so it doesn't seem to be a general thing. You're sure you don't have all of them in that group yet?

Sorry, got to the wrong page of the thread. :/ 

Edited by olympe