Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

3 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

In Manual Custom Sort, you can assign negative numbers to them. New additions to your scroll always get number zero.

Thanks Ruby! I've never seen this option before as I use table sort, this is really useful. I knew there must be a way!

Can a dragon be a part of two groups? Like I would like to start describing my dragons and I think it would be easier if they were all in a group so that I knew which ones weren't in it. 

7 minutes ago, Terces said:

Yep, I have dragons that are in multiple groups.

Awesome! Thank you! I just didn't wanna ruin any groups by trying it.

9 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

In Manual Custom Sort, you can assign negative numbers to them. New additions to your scroll always get number zero.

Negative numbers work? That. Is. Awesome. Thank you Ruby.

OK, question... was looking at my profile, I happened to see that I have it Noted there that I have IOUs with a fw people.

I was innactive ( Or only sporadically on)for a while. Is it POSSIBLE to find out if those users are still active so as to try to see IF..... if they are still available for repayment?

30 minutes ago, JavaTigress said:

OK, question... was looking at my profile, I happened to see that I have it Noted there that I have IOUs with a fw people.

I was innactive ( Or only sporadically on)for a while. Is it POSSIBLE to find out if those users are still active so as to try to see IF..... if they are still available for repayment?

Sure. Top right corner has the search function. Click into the input field, and it expands to the left with a dropdown menu. Select "Members" from there and put the name into the input field to search for the members in question. Their profile may contain scroll links you can check for activity, or use the "recent activity" link to check if they have posted in the forum. Do NOT rely on the "Last visited" date because that only updates with a non-hidden login.

edit: the first and the third of those names exist, the middle one may have a typo of some sort?

Edited by Ruby Eyes

You can search for users by username through the forum search function and check their profiles to see their last forum login date (and if there's a link to their scroll, you can see if their scroll looks active). If they seem to have vanished you can also look at the "Register a Username Change" thread in General Discussion, and if you see nothing there, you can ask on Missed Connections in Site Discussion to see if anyone else knows what became of them.

Edited by LibbyLishly
Slightly ninja'd!

8 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Sure. Top right corner has the search function. Click into the input field, and it expands to the left with a dropdown menu. Select "Members" from there and put the name into the input field to search for the members in question. Their profile may contain scroll links you can check for activity, or use the "recent activity" link to check if they have posted in the forum. Do NOT rely on the "Last visited" date because that only updates with a non-hidden login.

edit: the first and the third of those names exist, the middle one may have a typo of some sort?

I decided to try shooting PMs at them. I got two sent out... so we will see.

Edited by JavaTigress

I don't think the 3rd one is still active. Read their profile :(

10 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

I don't think the 3rd one is still active. Read their profile :(

Just did... well, if that is the case, that is a shame but I will wait and see if I get a reply to my PM before I remove them from my list.

So I've been gone since 2013~ (first Shimmer release). Is there any kind of wiki or anything that listed any kinds of changes that I may have missed (new breeds, old Pinks/frills came back somehow, etc)?

19 minutes ago, TheOldHat said:

So I've been gone since 2013~ (first Shimmer release). Is there any kind of wiki or anything that listed any kinds of changes that I may have missed (new breeds, old Pinks/frills came back somehow, etc)?

In addition to what olympe mentions, you can also read back through old News posts. TJ doesn't announce all changes, but most of the major ones should be there. You only have to read the first post in each thread..

Is the cave crashingly slow for anyone else - especially for actions ?

2 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I've got "An error has occurred." here.  :s

2 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I'M getting the error message for the biomes, breeding...

Oh - so it's kind of universal, moving around in different areas. Thanks.

First I tried to click the trophy on top of scroll to check egg count and it took a couple tries for that to go through without the error message.  Thought it was a one time thing and  tried to use fertility and got an error message screen.  It appears to have worked as the purple is now on cooldown and when I check with another purple the target dragon does have fertility applied.  But I'm rather nervous about trying to breed the pair I was planning to with the error messages. :unsure:  Somebody call TJ to check things?

Wow - I'm lucky. This only started over the last couple of hours.

I don't encounter any of these bad gateway problems. (I use opera.) I tried looking at stuff on my daughter's scroll (she's logged in on Firefox on my computer), and there was nothing wrong there, either.

Im not sure if this is against the rules but i want someone to know that I posted in the scroll sitters thread, im worried it had been inactive and my post may get overlooked. I need someone to just make sure nothing on my scroll dies i have no internet access at all for next few days totally unexpected. Thanks so much to whoever can help. I won't be able to respond but thanks in advance.

@Marie19R and anyone else wondering about the Scroll Sitters. It has been pretty inactive, but I at least, and perhaps others are getting notifications from the thread. So anytime anyone posts there I should see the post within 6 to 8 hours at the maximum and be able to respond if no one else does. I see someone else has already offered there to watch your scroll, whether because of your post there or from this post. So it looks like you are covered. :)

The cave is lagging a lot at these days.

It hasn't been that slow around christmas, but now it's a pain to hunt in the cave...

Takes minutes to refresh the biomes...

There are less people around than christmas, so I doubt it's because of too many users hunting.

Is there something wrong?

Cheers

Seriva

Edited by Seriva Senkalora