Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Zyus ALWAYS seem to get sick... But when I get something sick I always fog for 24 hours, no matter how much better it feels. IF it has a LOT of views, I will even leave it till it is ER.

Is there a rule against putting your current trades in your signature? I can't believe I don't know this.

Edited by LibbyLishly

I do it by posting my are you lucky link which sometimes leads somewhere and sometimes doesn't. If that isn't against the rules, I can't see...

5 hours ago, LibbyLishly said:

Is there a rule against putting your current trades in your signature? I can't believe I don't know this.

I don't think so. I have seen several people who do it.

The Dragon Cave Help page states that influencing eggs to be a certain gender wears off when the egg is abandoned or teleported, yet lots of trade posts refer to eggs having been influenced as if that will last.  Which is correct?

5 minutes ago, random_dragon_collector said:

The Dragon Cave Help page states that influencing eggs to be a certain gender wears off when the egg is abandoned or teleported, yet lots of trade posts refer to eggs having been influenced as if that will last.  Which is correct?

If you influence an egg and teleport it, the influence is lost.

If you influence an egg, hatch it and teleport the hatchie, the influence will stick.

I've seen people use some kind of spoiler tags in their posts which allows them to hide / show content. I've been trying to figure it out but I suck at this sort of thing so my tiny question is -- how do I do that?

Also, is there a way to get columns / tables to work? 

When you are creating a post, the bar at the top has an icon that looks like an eye. That is the spoiler icon.

Yes. Create in a wordprocessor or spreadsheet and then copy/paste:

Valentino Quykii

CB Blush of Love

(oo60)

@purplehaze

Oh! I got it! I've tried that one before but when I did a preview, the content within the box was still visible so I thought I was doing it wrong. Thanks!!! 

@fuzzbucket - Ooh, thanks! I didn't think of trying it that way. 

Thank you both! 

Edited by MinkishMinx

35 minutes ago, MinkishMinx said:

Oh! I got it! I've tried that one before but when I did a preview, the content within the box was still visible so I thought I was doing it wrong. Thanks!!! 

I really hate the preview feature on this forum! There are a lot of things that don't show right in the preview. I expect a preview to show me what my final post will look like and this one doesn't.

Too right  :angry:

ANYWAY. I could swear there's a thread for people to beg for holiday mates. Um - where is it ?

3 minutes ago, fuzzbucket said:

ANYWAY. I could swear there's a thread for people to beg for holiday mates. Um - where is it ?

Gifting:

https://forums.dragcave.net/topic/112910-special-release-offspring-gifting-group-20/

Trading:

https://forums.dragcave.net/topic/171181-holiday-kin-trading-center/

Specifically for Valentine's:

https://forums.dragcave.net/topic/158500-valentine-lineage-aid-center/

Edited by Ruby Eyes

1 hour ago, fuzzbucket said:

Too right  :angry:

If you mean Holiday kin you can go here: 

She said it would be ok to post some of the kin we are seeking for mates prior to Valentines,

Thanks. It was the Lineage Aid centre I meant.

11 minutes ago, mouse050909 said:

Is there a reason why volcano is empty right now? 

Whatever it was, it seems to have resolved. There are eggs there now. And this wasn't a top-of-the hour issue, either, apparently. Perhaps there was just a lot of good stuff in that 5 minute's allotment and they were all grabbed up until the next 5 minute drop? Hard to say. Were there eggs in the other biomes?

Sometimes people just empty a biome for no explicable reason. I've seen it happen before when searching for specific things. There'll be more people than usual in the biome and the eggs just whoosh, and keep whooshing after they'd normally stop and do the blocker sit until the next five minute shuffle, until everything is gone. It's especially apt to be the Volcano, too, I've noticed. Maybe people searching for Fire Gems or somesuch? Dunno. 

Edited by Lurhstaap