Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

5 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

So ... did you scroll down? You can enable and disable emails and browser notifications for specific events. Did you make sure that for the event you desired (e.g. Someone comments on something I follow) you also have emails enabled?

I just have.  I've enabled some that weren't, and have had a couple of emails that had stopped coming in.  Fingers crossed you've sorted it for me!  Thank you very much for your help!

What is the.... policy on here regarding the use of outside art works for avas and siggies?

I found some LOVELY stuff I'd enjoy using BUT I don't want to break any rules. :unsure:

So if I don't have permission there could be trouble?

Sort of what I thought MIGHT be the case.

Currently trying to contact the maker of the artwork in question to see if they will give permission

2 minutes ago, LadyLyzar said:

That's the way to go, just like you would with artwork here.

I just hope that I am ABLE to get a hold of them.... maybe the easiest thing to do might be to request some pretties from one of our resident DC artists that offer to do them?

Edited by Silverswift
TYPOS

A lot of people take avatar requests in the Original Works section of the forums as well.  :)

Exactly. maybe I could request something there.... then I'd KNOW I had permission to use it because it was made specifically FOR that purpose.

28 minutes ago, Themod444 said:

Random Question: How hard should it be to get a Zyumorph out of a Blue Zyu X Striped River pairing? Like a rough estimate?

I just tested and got a blue Zyu on the first breeding, so it should be fairly easy I think. Striped Rivers are fairly common but zyus are newer which balances that out. (if you want this one I just bred PM me)

9 minutes ago, Marie19R said:

I just tested and got a blue Zyu on the first breeding, so it should be fairly easy I think. Striped Rivers are fairly common but zyus are newer which balances that out. (if you want this one I just bred PM me)

Thank you for testing and answering! I've been getting zyus out of my own pairing fairly commonly, however, knowing that zyus are a bit more uncommon than the other breeds, I was wondering if that was simply a lot of luck, or the norm for them

as i plan to do a lineage with them at a later time

Edited by Themod444

39 minutes ago, Orange Sunrise said:

In terms of a topic's last post date, how old is old? How long is it until a topic is considered dead?

We have no rules here about "necroing" old threads as long as something relevant is added to the discussion to get it going again.  Old topics that are no longer relevant are usually closed.

1 hour ago, Orange Sunrise said:

In terms of a topic's last post date, how old is old? How long is it until a topic is considered dead?

I don't think a thread is ever considered dead unless it's been closed. Duplicate threads have been frowned upon around here whereas necroing old threads has been actively encouraged.

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Edited by LibbyLishly
Thought I was ninja'd when actually I just missed the fact that there was another page oops

If I add someone to a PM conversation that has gone on for awhile, do they see the whole conversation from the beginning or just messages after I have added them?

Dunno if this goes here, but I can't see where else it'd go.  I'm sure I'm just slow or haven't been paying much attention to the forums, but I heard through the unofficial DC discord that EATW got shut down due to some sort of attack.  Does anyone know if it's gonna go back up someday?  It WAS my preferred platform for finding trades since I found it easier to use than the forums (and faster).

NO, it is gone for good. Ext posted.

4 minutes ago, fuzzbucket said:

NO, it is gone for good. Ext posted.

thanks.  It's really sad that SOMEONE clearly had to much of something on their hands and an unreasonable urge to do something destructive instead of something helpful.  It makes me really curious what motivated someone to do this.  And how far they'd be willing to go to execute their actions.

How do you post a pm link in this new forum?

So I'm not sure where else to post it but haven't been on very much. 3gen prizes.. What do they go for these days? I can't get even a single cb hatchie for any of mine, offered or put up for trade. No swaps, no fails, no nothing. Are only 2gens what people want? zzzzzz 
My overall struggle to trade anything is really making me not want to play on forums anymore, except maybe to gift some 2gen prizes. 

Edited by Nightwalkerkey

6 minutes ago, zaverxi said:

How do you post a pm link in this new forum?

Top left corner, hover over your Avatar until the little popup box shows up. Right-click the "Message" link and select "copy link location" (or something ong those lines, depending on your browser).

More detailed here:

https://forums.dragcave.net/topic/179790-how-to-use-the-new-forum/

Just now, Nightwalkerkey said:

So I'm not sure where else to post it but haven't been on very much. 3gen prizes.. What do they go for these days?

https://forums.dragcave.net/topic/109066-question-about-a-trade/

There are the experts :)

I have a sick Zyu hatchling that I warded as an egg shortly before it hatched and promptly fogged. Seven hours later, it's still sick. I have not unfogged it. Is it likely to die in the fog? Not much I can do about it, I know, but I'd like to know.

Zyus are such a pain in the butt.

It may well be ok.  I had a hatchie sick for 10 hrs (thanks to unwanted help in the EATW mess)  and it  was fine. Just keep it fogged for a few hours after it is no longer sick and check all hatcheries to make sure it isn't there (Silvi's does not remove fogged things, nor does Egg Drop soup last I recall).

Cool, sounds like there's hope. She'll stay fogged until she's close to ready to grow up. Thank you @Imzadi!

Edited by LibbyLishly