Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Is it allowed to post two different trades in the same thread on the same day? Like say, I catch a green dino and make a post in the Rare Trading Thread about it, and then twelve hours later I catch a chicken and want to post it in that thread too. Would that be allowed, or would I have to wait until 24 hours had passed since my green dino post? I know that you can't re-post the same trade until 24 hours has passed, but I read the Trade Forum rules and didn't see anything about the same person posting different trades in the same thread, one way or the other.

5 minutes ago, songwithnosoul said:

Is it allowed to post two different trades in the same thread on the same day? Like say, I catch a green dino and make a post in the Rare Trading Thread about it, and then twelve hours later I catch a chicken and want to post it in that thread too. Would that be allowed, or would I have to wait until 24 hours had passed since my green dino post? I know that you can't re-post the same trade until 24 hours has passed, but I read the Trade Forum rules and didn't see anything about the same person posting different trades in the same thread, one way or the other.

Most threads you can update your previous thread and/or bump IF you have new items to add.  It's less cluttered than multiple posts for the same person. 

I'm getting "Unavailable for maintenance." which is a tad unusual at this time of day. Did I miss an announcement or a timezone change?

edit: Now the cave is back.

On the other hand, the forum is giving me the "under heavy load" message even though I seem to be alone here at this time of day.

Edited by Ruby Eyes

I got several tombstone images, plus "an error has occurred". The next moment, everything was up and running again. Then another tombstone.

6 hours ago, Fly-by-Night said:

I got several tombstone images, plus "an error has occurred". The next moment, everything was up and running again. Then another tombstone.

This sounds like a glitch to me. It would be a good idea to make a new topic about it with details of the glitch so that it can be reported and fixed by TJ. (The topic would be posted in the help section of the forums.)

On 10/18/2017 at 11:57 AM, The Dragoness said:

Is there any way to delete multiple PMs at once? My inbox is a mess, but I really hate having to check through each and every message,

They all have little squares to the left of them; you can click multiples and then delete.

37 minutes ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

They all have little squares to the left of them; you can click multiples and then delete.

Thanks!

Edited by The Dragoness

@Nightwalkerkey

You're not the only one to have this problem. :) It's not super intuitive.

Here: https://forums.dragcave.net/settings/signature/

You can access it by clicking the arrow beside your username at the top of the page, making the drop-down menu appear, and then clicking "Account Settings", and then "Signature" on the Account Settings page.

(I've seriously had this post autosaved since the last time someone asked that question. You're really not the first person to have this problem.)

Edited by songwithnosoul

Just now, songwithnosoul said:

@Nightwalkerkey

You're not the only one to have this problem. :) It's not super intuitive.

Here: https://forums.dragcave.net/settings/signature/

You can access it by clicking the arrow beside your username, making the drop-down menu appear, and then clicking "Account Settings", and then "Signature" on the Account Settings page.

(I've seriously had this post autosaved since the last time someone asked that question. You're really not the first person to have this problem.)

Lol I figured I wasn't... Thank youuu!!! On the hunt for a specific egg this Halloween ^^

So.... when I go to breed a dragon I have in a group, I get the big long list of all my dragons.

Is there a way to choose to breed only from within that dragon's group? I sort of thought that was the point of groups, but I can't seem to find a way that works.....please tell me I am missing something?

Sounds like something for the Suggestions section. Right now, that's not possible. (I'd also be wondering how the system would know which of the dragon's groups to pick.)

4 hours ago, jumpsnake said:

So.... when I go to breed a dragon I have in a group, I get the big long list of all my dragons.

Is there a way to choose to breed only from within that dragon's group? I sort of thought that was the point of groups, but I can't seem to find a way that works.....

I'd also suggest to make it into a suggestion, I also had the impression this was the main reason for groups but apparently nada....

Can someone please tell me when Halloween dragons will be breedable?  Thanks. 

1 hour ago, MedievalMystic said:

24th?

1 hour ago, MedievalMystic said:

It was the 25th last year -- I checked the old News post.

When does the Halloween breeding week start?  on 24th or 25th? 

~ I did read posts before me but *derp*

Edited by FoxintheBox

13 minutes ago, FoxintheBox said:

When does the Halloween breeding week start?  on 24th or 25th? 

See the post above you, the 25th. :)

I've never actually traded dragons before, but kinda want to start now. Could someone please explain or walk me through trading etiquette? Like, what happens when I click on a teleport link, do I immediately get that egg/hatchie, or is there a confirmation button first? Also, what are all the links people post, saying "make an offer on this egg!"? Where do they link to, and what should I do?

Sorry, haha. I'm sure this might all be a little silly, but I just don't want to step on any toes because I don't know the process.

@SillieHead

Don't worry about it!

What happens when you click on a teleport link depends on whether it's a one-way transfer (which you're not going to see in trading threads) or a two-way trade. If it's a one-way transfer, then once you click it, you have to enter a confirmation to receive the egg/hatchie. (You'll also get a chance to see what you're receiving first - it won't be a surprise.) If it's a two-way trade, then you can see what dragons are up for trade and offer your own - it will list your growing dragons under the dragon(s) that are being offered for trade, with check boxes beside them. With a two-way link, all you can do is offer your dragons - the other person has to decide whether to accept your offer or reject it. You aren't going to be accidentally taking anybody's dragons just by clicking a link, I assure you!

As for "Make an offer on this egg", this indicates that the link is leading to a two-way trade. You click it if you want to look at the dragon(s) on offer and maybe offer something of your own in return. When you make a trade the site generates a link for you to post it in the forums, and that's just the default text. (You can change the text of the link to say anything, though, so not all trade links are going to say that.)

You can click on any transfer or trade link. You will see the egg or hatchling that is on offer, and you can offer something if it's a trade, or simply accept it if it's a gift.

To create those links yourself, you need an adult Magi dragon. Go to its Actions page and click Teleport to get the according form.