Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

3 hours ago, fuzzbucket said:

And it is making game-playing hell on wheels... CAN it stop ? Please with cookies ?

Just checked and I was definitely mistaken about view links being blocked before--only image links were.

The filter's been updated to match the old behavior.

Testing.... https://dragcave.net/view/24P0n

YES ! Thanks TJ - I have choc chip and lemon cream - which would you prefer ?

Seriously - thank you; this will make a huge difference to bingo and go fish :) And trading.

Edited by fuzzbucket

I have some questions about sick eggs/hatchlings. 1: Can sickness spread from one egg to another? I have like four sick eggs and hatchlings right now, and it all started with one egg. 2: I've had two eggs at different times of the same species (honey drake) and they have both gotten sick A LOT. One day it's cured, the next it's sick again. I'm wondering if it's the breed, because this has happened twice.

Thank you

Nope Sickness can't spread.

But if one of your eggs collects views too quickly it's very likely the others might too (usually you put all your eggs into the same fansites)

There are breeds who get sick more easily (most notably Prizes and Zyus) but Drakes are not among them. It's more liekly you haven't had them fogged long enough (24hrs usually des the trick).

All of a sudden when I load  or refresh any page in the cave, the no-style version seems to flash past before it loads. Is anyone else getting this ?

It just means that the stylesheet may be loading a little slower than the rest. Happens sometimes

Yes sure - but just suddenly like that - never had it before on EVERY damn page... Luckily for me I hunt with no style, but... it means it's loading at half the speed it did a few hours ago :(

Has anyone else had issues with PMs not going through? In the short time since the forum upgrade I've now had two people tell me they sent me PMs I never received.

To reduce clutter I usually delete PMs after responding, because I figure a new PM from said person will start the conversation again. Is that not the case? -___- 

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

6 minutes ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

they sent me PMs they never received

Eh? Which way now?

So far I didn't have issues ... at least none I'd have noticed ...

1 hour ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

Has anyone else had issues with PMs not going through? In the short time since the forum upgrade I've now had two people tell me they sent me PMs I never received.

To reduce clutter I usually delete PMs after responding, because I figure a new PM from said person will start the conversation again. Is that not the case? -___- 

As far as I know deleting deletes the whole conversation. so... the conversation will stay in their box but not in yours. They can contribute; you can't see what they say, like..

You seem to have to keep the WHOLE THING till you are finished with it. Look at the message you get when you delete...

Are you sure you want to delete this conversation?

The conversation will be removed from your inbox and you will not be able to view or rejoin it. Other participants will continue to see it.

And yes it's all madness. This was why I asked TJ to look into it before acting, when he first mentioned upgrading - the nightmare messaging system was one of the reasons another invision forum I was on gave up and killed itself.

Edited by fuzzbucket

Well, it does tell you so when you delete it:

The conversation will be removed from your inbox and you will not be able to view or rejoin it. Other participants will continue to see it.

So basically, the other person ends up talking to themselves? Can the other person add you again?

I actually made that same mistake twice before realizing I was in a "conversation" with myself, for a while I thought people were just ignoring me! Yeah, it seems if you delete/leave a conversation, you won't get any notifications if the other party makes a reply to it. I have no idea if you can re-add someone who has left, I just ended up sending them a new pm/conversation or whatever.

Edited by Terces

8 minutes ago, Terces said:

I have no idea if you can re-add someone who has left, I just ended up sending them a new pm/conversation or whatever.

I just checked an older conversation that the recipent already deleted in their inbox. When I click on the username of them I only got the option to send a new message, no option for re-adding them.

alright

I've been busy for the past month, so very little time playing Dragon Cave, no wonder I didn't see it till now

I liked the old old way better

On 24.7.2017 at 7:03 PM, SockPuppet Strangler said:

If you just view your scroll, does that give your eggs all another view? (I thought you had eggs stuck at no views, but it doesn't look like it, so views should be working okay for you, but I think I did misunderstand what it is you wanted to do.)

Okay. I'll answer that again.

In short: No. If I just view my scroll: NOTHING happens. I tested with a new batch for a day: But they all got stuck at "1/1/1" as in v/uv/c.

What happens: I "get" the egg off the cave (so with 0/0/0). I click on the picture of the egg after getting it (the screen that comes after clicking on the egg in the cave) and for five of them it was: 1/1/1, for the last (again...) it was 1/1/0. Whyever I don't know. I tried with lineage- and scroll-clicks and hard-refreshes... somehow I got that click -- but it got stuck (again) at 1/1/1. So even though I got the click I didn't get another view...! I tried to refresh/hard-refresh the scroll... but: Nothing. They all got stuck at: 1/1/1.

As far as I know: one cklick per "person", one UniqueView per day per person and 15 views per UniqueView. Right? So on the first day I should be able to get to 15/1/1 with just me alone. No?

My eggs/hatchlings all are on fansites, THAT is why they have v/uv -- NOT me. When I refresh my scroll my eggs/hatchlings do NOT get ANY views from me. I refresh the scrollpage again and again -- only the ones I have on fansites get a view/UniqueView from time to time. I tried with my eggs on 1/1/1 and my hatchies on fansites: My eggs got NOTHING, my hatchis from time to time something.

I hope that makes my problem clear (enough)? If not: Just ask away. As long as I am able to give them views again myself... I like to do that :o

I didn't think you could get yourself endless views on the same day. But I've never honestly tried.

I also understood that  UNIQUE view was just that - unique - and like a click,. one per user. Otherwise how is it unique ?

2 minutes ago, fuzzbucket said:

I didn't think you could get yourself endless views on the same day. But I've never honestly tried.

I also understood that  UNIQUE view was just that - unique - and like a click,. one per user. Otherwise how is it unique ?

You cannot get yourself "endless views" XD Just 15 per unique view.

Well: It is per day, the click is just once "in a lifetime". I could be wrong with click and unique view though. Either way: My knowledge is some years old ;P With views I am sure though, as I always tried to get to 15/1/1 before registering them on fansites. And then the next cap was at "30/2/1" for me. The clicks don't matter there though. Just my preference ;) Now though I was absent for a few months (some time after valentine) and am not able to get more than 1/1/1. Which I am wondering about. Even when viewing other scrolls: The eggs/hatchlings do NOT get views when refreshing. I AM able to give them clicks though...

14 minutes ago, fuzzbucket said:

I'm not sure about endless, but I used to be able to go to my scroll link and refresh, and my growing dragons and eggs would get a new View for every refresh. I think that the UVs and Clicks would not increase past one, however. But the change so that we can't refresh our scroll links to give our own eggs views is new.

If this was done to try and thwart viewbombers, I am for it.

Edited by silver_tiger

2 minutes ago, silver_tiger said:

I'm not sure about endless, but I used to be able to go to my scroll link and refresh, and my growing dragons and eggs would get a new View for every refresh. I think that the UVs and Clicks would not increase past one, however. But the change so that we can't refresh our scroll links to give our own eggs views is new.

If this was done to try and thwart viewbombers, I am for it.

Well, well. So it's not just me. What do you mean with "viewbombers" though...? You are (were?) only able to give 15 views per unique view so... As you need both it doesn't really matter. Do you mean because of the servers?

Okay, with unique views I seem to be wrong indeed. But with the views I seem to be right: http://dragcave.wikia.com/wiki/Making_Dragons_Grow#Views

Well I'm not sure how viewbombers operate exactly, because I am not a viewbomber, but I thought that some of them might do it by autorefreshing a person's scroll. If the scrolls no longer refresh to give views and we only get views from the hatching sites, that would be one way to try and limit the damage viewbombers can do.

It's less about how many views were given and more about how fast the eggs get them too early in their hatching cycle.

Viewing your own scroll won't increase your egg's view count, but viewing the scrolls of others will increase the eggs' and dragons' view count. Going onto a dragon's view page will give one view, but refreshing the page won't give more views. Refreshing the scroll page however, will keep increasing the view count until it reaches its ratio limit

But getting back to this topic: I swear it used to be that I could refresh my own scroll, but ok fine I guess I can't now. However, I just went into Akasaki's scroll and tried to refresh the page like the quote says I can to give the dragons there views, and it didn't work. So I'm not sure what's happening but it's definitely not what that page says.