Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

2 hours ago, quinney said:

Thank you for this.  Is there anywhere here to tell us how to to edit the signature?  I'm trying to do different things but getting nowhere.  Sorry I'm an editing luddite.

If you have any questions, ask here or check out this thread which goes over some of the new forum stuff. I'll need to update the How to Code Signatures in the FAQ now that the forum has upgraded, but I haven't yet. =U

7 hours ago, SockPuppet Strangler said:

Copy the image's url/location, then you can use the old image code or the updated image code, which is open bracket, img=, the image url, and ending bracket.

I think it must be flagging all DC links to creatures, view or lineage.

It should definitely only be disallowed links (view and image links)

OK - I see that does actually happen. So - why ? it will make game playing very tough. Viewing adults always used to be allowed...

1 hour ago, fuzzbucket said:

OK - I see that does actually happen. So - why ? it will make game playing very tough. Viewing adults always used to be allowed...

All view links have "always" been blocked. Linking to lineages has always been okay and should not trigger post moderation.

I got the "an error has occurred" page when breeding both of my adult Bailaka pairs just now. The site is counting them as having bred, so I won't even be able to see if the site counts them as having rejected each other or not for another week...

Is anyone able to breed their Bailaka dragons right now, or am I just having terrible luck?

(I'm not getting this error when breeding other dragons. It's only my Bailaka dragons.)

2 minutes ago, Teez said:

I got the "an error has occurred" page when breeding both of my adult Bailaka pairs just now. The site is counting them as having bred, so I won't even be able to see if the site counts them as having rejected each other or not for another week...

Is anyone able to breed their Bailaka dragons right now, or am I just having terrible luck?

(I'm not getting this error when breeding other dragons. It's only my Bailaka dragons.)

Yes, I got an error too, but was able to successfully breed a Script. I'll go report. It seems a little shady that we got an error and no egg. xP

5 minutes ago, SockPuppet Strangler said:

Yes, I got an error too, but was able to successfully breed a Script. I'll go report. It seems a little shady that we got an error and no egg. xP

Thank you! :) Not that I'm happy to see anyone else have errors, but I'm kind of relieved it's not just my dragons, haha.

1 hour ago, SockPuppet Strangler said:

No error but I did get 2 refusals from 2 tries.

Third time I tried a baikala and a 2 headed lindworm instead of a pb baikala and did get a baikala egg

Edited by ainisarie

Just today I've had this butt-ugly thing pop up in my signature - a huge box blaring "please update your account to enable 3rd party hosting" - umm, what and why? How do I get rid of it since it's so very unattractive and clicking on it does nothing.

Edited by Oddsoxdi
typo

7 minutes ago, Oddsoxdi said:

Just today I've had this butt-ugly thing pop up in my signature - a huge box blaring "please update your account to enable 3rd party hosting" - umm, what and why? How do I get rid of it since it's spo very unattractive and clicking on it does nothing.

Photobucket recently made it so that images can't be linked to off of Photobucket unless the user pays a rather large fee. If you right click on the image and go to the source URL, you can see the badge that it was before. If you'd like to keep it in your signature, you'll need to upload it to another site.

Here's a thread about the changes.

Edited by 11th

18 minutes ago, 11th said:

Photobucket recently made it so that images can't be linked to off of Photobucket unless the user pays a rather large fee. If you right click on the image and go to the source URL, you can see the badge that it was before. If you'd like to keep it in your signature, you'll need to upload it to another site.

Here's a thread about the changes.

This solution has not worked for me. When I go to the source URL I get the same "lovely" image as is showing in the siggies.

Just now, purplehaze said:

This solution has not worked for me. When I go to the source URL I get the same "lovely" image as is showing in the siggies.

You might need to hard refresh the page (Ctrl+F5) directly from Photobucket. Just a bit of lag.

If that still doesn't work, I'd be happy to save and upload it somewhere else and send the link.

16 hours ago, TJ09 said:

All view links have "always" been blocked. Linking to lineages has always been okay and should not trigger post moderation.

To adults ? Check the bingo game threads and go fish.  CRAWLING with view links.

https://forums.dragcave.net/topic/179729

1 hour ago, purplehaze said:

Here it is, oddzi !

CZvvKwQ.gif

Quote me, copy and paste :)

I can access the Encyclopedia entry from the pages of baby Baikalas (eggs or hatchis), but not from the grown-up versions. It's probably not supposed to be like that, is it?

Have you unlocked the adult images? I clicked lots of adults today to unlock the images, now I have the links.

31 minutes ago, Fly-by-Night said:

I can access the Encyclopedia entry from the pages of baby Baikalas (eggs or hatchis), but not from the grown-up versions. It's probably not supposed to be like that, is it?

That's how the Encyclopedia always works, as far as I remember. If you have unlocked the hatchling sprite in the Encyclopedia but not the adult yet, that is exactly how it will be. My Script dragons behave the same way; I have already unlocked the egg and hatchling sprites, but don't have the adult unlocked; the hatchling has a link to the Encyclopedia entry but the adults do not.

Just look at some more Bailaka and unlock the sprite, and you'll get that link soon enough.

Well that's odd. I have all the greens unlocked but not all thee blues - BUT - I have 8 of each. And it shows me as having observed 13 eggs. I clicked every last one of them....

Not worried or anything - just puzzled.

8 minutes ago, silver_tiger said:

That's how the Encyclopedia always works, as far as I remember. If you have unlocked the hatchling sprite in the Encyclopedia but not the adult yet, that is exactly how it will be.

Oh, thanks! I never noticed until now. I had only checked with my Script Dragons before posting, but you're right: I have 5 of those, so the adult sprite is unlocked.

Thank you all for answering!

Does anyone know what dragon breeds produce a black stripe, or where the thread that mentioned what breeds produce what stripes went? So far the only dragon breed I know that produces black stripes are Black dragons.

Black marrows do. It also used to say on the wiki page, but I haven't looked in a while.

5 minutes ago, w5aw5 said:

Does anyone know what dragon breeds produce a black stripe, or where the thread that mentioned what breeds produce what stripes went? So far the only dragon breed I know that produces black stripes are Black dragons.

Here is the thread on Stripe Breeding. It has a link to the wiki as well. 

Is there no longer any way to track messages ? I tried hitting unread content while in my message box and it just showed me every single thread where I hadn't read something. :blink: NOT what I needed to know... I just need to know if this one message has been read.

EA oh wait. OK - it's in the very very very small print ! Forget it !

Edited by fuzzbucket

Is there any plans to add some darker themes? as the full white and black hurts to much, and i bet i`m not the only one who would rather see a theme with something other than white background.

1 hour ago, Mommy_Kitty said:

Is there any plans to add some darker themes? as the full white and black hurts to much, and i bet i`m not the only one who would rather see a theme with something other than white background.

TJ may introduce more variants of the existing skins at some point. I believe he wants to, but there's not timeline for doing so and it is a possibility it's something he never gets around to. So, I do think it would be okay for you to make a suggestion for a darker theme (I know I've seen a few users needing/wanting one) in Suggestions, just so it doesn't get forgotten and to get a better idea of how many people would benefit from a darker skin.

Until then, you might find a browser add-on helpful to you.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/dark-background-light-text/

Chrome: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/dark-reader/eimadpbcbfnmbkopoojfekhnkhdbieeh?hl=en

I haven't tried them, so I'm not sure how they'll work out, but hopefully one of them can help you!