Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

How many views/unique views/clicks do Zyus take to hatch? 

Every dragon is different, there is no magical number of stats that will hatch a dragon. It depends on the ratio of unique views to views, the time left, etc. However, I have noticed that my Zyus seem to need more stats then most of my dragons.

1 hour ago, SockPuppet Strangler said:

I have NO idea. I was really hoping someone else would have the answer for you so I could learn, too. >.>

I've tried searching through invision answers but no one seems to care and no one but us seems to be asking. I tried several things (using quotations for names, for example) but nothing works. The only way I've figured out to do it is to have to use the quote button, which means no more copy'pasta'ing a section of text from another thread and then coming to the thread I actually wanna post in and coding the quote myself to avoid creating an extraneous post I'm not going to make. <.<

Hopefully there is still a way that we just haven't realized yet. It's really annoying that we can't just double click at the top and edit it or something. =|

This is really a bizarre situation, I went looking for answers as well and can't seem to find anything useful just as you said.

I have tried using both " and ' as quotations around the name, as well as messing with this format I found somewhere, just in case:

[quote name='Username' date='Jun 30 2008, 10:39 AM' post='1735291']
Quoted post content here
[/quote]

But they all result in nothing. 

I did notice that when I use the button to insert a quote, it says quote at the top, while when I type out the code there is no label whatsoever. 

Like so:

Using the button of the WYSIWYG editor

Typing out the code

So perhaps something different is needed in the code to display the top part...? Sorry if this is kind of pointless, I too liked the ability to custom quote and it would be great if there's a solution to this. 

Edit: Well apparently the preview is messing with me, not for the first time. The last two quotes appear the same after I posted, yet during the 5 or so times I previewed my post, the top of the second one was blank as I said. This forum's code stumps me once again. 

Edited by MissK.

32 minutes ago, The Dragoness said:

How many views/unique views/clicks do Zyus take to hatch? 

My Zyus have usually hatched at around the mid 600 unique views, maybe riding up to 700-ish. The views however, always tend to be in the high 2,000s and mid 3,000s. Once, they even went up to 4,000, with lower unique views. They can be incredibly stubborn.

Could we perchance have a thread dedicated to new-forum-coding testing-and-playing-around?

Is there a way to remove an approved description from a dragon? If this is only possible through contacting a mod, can somebody point me in the right direction?

2 minutes ago, Mlu said:

Is there a way to remove an approved description from a dragon? If this is only possible through contacting a mod, can somebody point me in the right direction?

The same way you'd remove a name from a dragon--just by clearing the text field.

1 minute ago, Dew said:

The same way you'd remove a name from a dragon--just by clearing the text field.

Oh wow, that's simpler than I thought it would be! Thank you :D

On 7/11/2017 at 5:30 PM, Alectrona said:

Could someone explain to me how to format quotes on the new system? What I want to be able to do is have a quote that says whom the quote's from in the top line without actually having quoted a post, something you used to be able to do like this:

[quote=Person][/quote]

But that doesn't seem to work anymore, it just says "Quote" at the top without the name.

I believe the metadata in a quote is now dynamic, which means it can't be replicated with bbcode. If you note, the timestamps in quotes change (right now the most post this one says "12 hours ago," but in a bit it'll show the actual date). Quotes with titles seem to be stored with references to the posts that they quote, rather than the old system that just used "quote=name @ time"

@Alectrona So the lovely @MissK. PM'd me something that looks like it's going to work!

[quote name='random']
Quoted post content here
[/quote]

[quote name="random"]
Quoted post content here
[/quote]

Quoted post content here
[/quote]

Those are all variations that should allow you to quote someone by name (although it may not show up in preview, it appears to be fine in a post). 8D

Ex.

Sock said:

boo

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler
Tested without quotations around the name - that doesn't work but the quotation marks do!

37 minutes ago, SockPuppet Strangler said:

@Alectrona So the lovely @MissK. PM'd me something that looks like it's going to work!

[quote name='random']
Quoted post content here
[/quote]

[quote name="random"]
Quoted post content here
[/quote]

Quoted post content here
[/quote]

Those are all variations that should allow you to quote someone by name (although it may not show up in preview, it appears to be fine in a post). 8D

Ex.

Iiiinteresting.

Note that the quotations are important/required. That's what my testing was missing.

What does the little asterisk next to our username mean? Is it just to say "that's you?"

Screenshot_20170713-113541.png

3 minutes ago, Jazeki said:

What does the little asterisk next to our username mean? Is it just to say "that's you?"

I signed in and out a couple times and it looks like that asterisk only appears when you're signed in anonymously. I assume it's to indicate that no one else can see your name, just you.

23 minutes ago, Jazeki said:

See also this:

I'm derping on Stun. I've never used the BSA, but I do have a question about it. 

Lets say, for example, that you stun a 4 day 1 hr left hatchie. 

Stun will wear off when its 2 days left. 

Say the hatchie has enough views to grow at 2 days left, but is NOT viewed again. 

Will it grow at 2 days left, when Stun wears off, or does it need 1 last view to grow? ie, so even though it has the views to grow, it will die unless it gets that last view? 

Cheers!
C4. 

uh-huh. The way I understood it, it works like this:

You stun a hatchling at 4 days 1 hour left. The timer goes up to 5 days 1 hour. 

The hatchie cannot grow up until 48 hours later, when the timer hits 3 days 1 hour.

(So, never stun anything with less than 24 hours to live...)

And, like everything else, it would need that one extra view to actually grow up. However, the view it gets through a teleport link might suffice, I'm not sure about that.

Edited by olympe

My egg just turned to 1 day 4 hours. Does that mean it has 28 hours to die or 28:59 hours?

10 minutes ago, Ninetails said:

My egg just turned to 1 day 4 hours. Does that mean it has 28 hours to die or 28:59 hours?

28 hours. The hour accurately changes on the hour (whereas it used to change on the half hour, but that was updated... years ago now?). So if it reads 1 day 4 hours, then you have 1 day 4 hours to hatch the egg. IE, when the timer ticks down to 0 hours left, it will die (in the old timer, it would have half an hour to live still, but as said, that was the old timer).

Oh, so that's why I got confused. I thought I mixed the time up on an egg because it said it had an hour left to live instead of 0. Thanks for the clarification!

4 hours ago, Alectrona said:

I signed in and out a couple times and it looks like that asterisk only appears when you're signed in anonymously. I assume it's to indicate that no one else can see your name, just you.

Thanks! I hadn't realized I was signed in anonymously. (And thanks, @Ruby Eyes)

I have a question about killing dragons. If a dragon dodges you this means you can never kill that dragon? 

1 minute ago, danicast said:

I have a question about killing dragons. If a dragon dodges you this means you can never kill that dragon? 

No, it is still possible to kill it, but you have to wait a day to try again. And of course it could still dodge again, too.

Just now, purplehaze said:

No, it is still possible to kill it, but you have to wait a day to try again. And of course it could still dodge again, too.

Thank you, I thought my zombie fodders had become useless because all I have now are dragons that dodged the hit.