TJ09

2015-07-26 - July Release

didn't even see a gold sad.gif

i will never get a CB gold, its impossible without a new release isn't it

I caught my first cb gold and silver when I was in Belgium visiting family. That was in november and there was no release.

My second cb gold came a week or two after I came back to the u.s. No release then either. It just takes luck, patience and being stubborn lol.

Spectrum draggies~ oh if they do that it's going to be an even bigger plot twist than the glided bloodscales.

Woke up to see the female hatchies - I love these, both the male and female. Can't wait to see the adults and find out what their name is!

I caught my first cb gold and silver when I was in Belgium visiting family. That was in november and there was no release.

My second cb gold came a week or two after I came back to the u.s. No release then either. It just takes luck, patience and being stubborn lol.

Spectrum draggies~ oh if they do that it's going to be an even bigger plot twist than the glided bloodscales.

Well the egg does say 'glow from within', and aside from their eyes, the hatchlings don't really show much of anything glowy. So I'm thinking it might be the case since the S1 hatchlings were black and the S2 ones are starting to show color.

Mmhmm I see what you mean. Wouldn't it be hilarious if the adults turn out to be bright pink or just plain old white?

Sneakiest release I've been here for!

Probably because I've only been on DC since February.

The eggs seem pretty enough at day... well, I better wait for nighttime.

I'm three hours behind the server (right now it's 6:44), so I wasn't here for the initial release.

However, I was still able to snatch two, which locked my scroll.

Meh. I'll have space in ~10 hours.

Mmhmm I see what you mean. Wouldn't it be hilarious if the adults turn out to be bright pink or just plain old white?

If they turn out bright pink, I will build an army with them. biggrin.gif

Seriously, that is a cool idea, to have the adult dragon develop an entirely different colour.

Well that sucked. Got on six hours after the release and apparently hit the tail end. Only managed to get two of the new eggs plus a flamingo that snuck in... >_<

I really hate these random release times. It's bad enough we don't get to know what day they'll be released but now we don't even get to know what time? I'll never be able to be on for a release again if they stay this way. I, for one, don't spend every waking minute on DC.

/rantover

Given all the drive away specters, I wonder if the dragon was originally meant to be a Halloween dragon but was reworked for a regular release.

Me, I don't spend all my time in the DC Forum, either, but knowing that the release will usually come towards the end of the month, I keep some spaces open and check periodically... Once or twice a day is usually enough... Works for me... biggrin.gif

Collected six eggs and they are progressing well...

Thank you, TJ and Spriters...

Well that sucked. Got on six hours after the release and apparently hit the tail end. Only managed to get two of the new eggs plus a flamingo that snuck in... >_<

I really hate these random release times. It's bad enough we don't get to know what day they'll be released but now we don't even get to know what time? I'll never be able to be on for a release again if they stay this way. I, for one, don't spend every waking minute on DC.

/rantover

If it makes you feel any better, 3am on a Sunday is an extremely unusual time for a release, I'm pretty sure it was only done that way because the dragons in question are nocturnal beasties.

Normally, releases are at 1pm on a Saturday. Holidays are different since they're for specific days, but THEY are always at midnight cave time.

I don't think random release times are going to be a regular occurrence because it's too inconvenient for most of the playerbase. We do have lives after all.

A Sunday release is even more unusual because said lives usually start interfering on Mondays, what with schools, jobs, errands, etc. 3am on a Sunday is a LITTLE better, because it's still the weekend for the majority of the world... although barely in the case of Japan/Australia/etc... I think. *checks* Yeah, 3am is still Sunday for that side of the world, but ridiculous AM for EST.

Edited by zaverxi

Ugh. I knew I would miss a release spamming Starbound all weekend. Let's see if can managed to snag a few of these beautiful beasties.

If it makes you feel any better, 3am on a Sunday is an extremely unusual time for a release, I'm pretty sure it was only done that way because the dragons in question are nocturnal beasties.

Normally, releases are at 1pm on a Saturday. Holidays are different since they're for specific days, but THEY are always at midnight cave time.

I don't think random release times are going to be a regular occurrence because it's too inconvenient for most of the playerbase. We do have lives after all.

A Sunday release is even more unusual because said lives usually start interfering on Mondays, what with schools, jobs, errands, etc. 3am on a Sunday is a LITTLE better, because it's still the weekend for the majority of the world... although barely in the case of Japan/Australia/etc... I think. *checks* Yeah, 3am is still Sunday for that side of the world, but ridiculous AM for EST.

Hmm. I haven't been on much lately(RL and all) and the last time I was on was when out sounded like they were talking about switching from midnight cave time to noon. I can't complain too much if there really is a set release time but I will day that midnight was far more convenient as I work around noon and can only get on on my phone when working(and its nearly impossible for me to catch on my phone).

Holidays I'm not worried about because they drop all day without other eggs mixing in. These didn't even get a full day.

I usually start checking more toward the end of the month as that's when they usually come(that the seen from the last couple of releases).

The dragons look pretty sweet so far *nods* I finally got two and I can't wait to see what they'll look like as adults \:D/

/rantover

They seem to be pretty easy to catch right now - just went to snoop...

Phew. These guys weren't as rare as I had feared. Managed to snag a full set.

Can't wait to see the adults!

Actually the time would have been perfect for me, living in Switzerland.

That's just about the time I get back from the morning walk with my dogs - on normal Sundays.

But the last Weekend we were at a 3 day agility event, so no internet there except phone, and I never even thought about checking DC.

A 3 am cave time release is much nicer for us here in Europe, than the recent ones on Sunday evening, which were something like midnight or later here, before a work day.

I think TJ wants to spread out the releases so that at least one per year is convenient for any place in the world.

Personally, I like the unscheduled releases. I'm not on DC every waking second but I do check the forums for news at midnight on the weekend. I missed the initial drop but I woke up, noticed the Alpine was empty.

The only thing weird about this release was the timing. (Maybe these dragons are only available at night like the night drakes?)

Besides, in my case, there was only 650 people roughly in the cave when I got in and egg locked with em, which is nice, not much fighting to click the same egg. Only 38 in the Alpine and 15 in the forest (what IS with everyone gravitating to there anyways?)

I know a few people hate not being able to prepare for th release because there is no schedule, so they either miss it and scramble to get what they can/trade what they can, or be faced with a choice (if they're locked with other eggs) to abandon their lineage project or something or wait for their eggs to hatch.

I just like it because I've not missed a release since being here, and know how hectic it was when everyone KNEW when the drop was. With the unscheduled releases I actually can lock myself and, in the Xeno case, get more after the first hatch. xd.png

Edited by BlightWyvern

Only 38 in the Alpine and 15 in the forest (what IS with everyone gravitating to there anyways?)

People are lazy and click the first link they see, which for the most part is alpine.

Yeah the forest ones just kind of sit there for the most part

My babies are cracking~

Edited by RecycledHeart

Personally, I like the unscheduled releases. I'm not on DC every waking second but I do check the forums for news at midnight on the weekend. I missed the initial drop but I woke up, noticed the Alpine was empty.

The only thing weird about this release was the timing. (Maybe these dragons are only available at night like the night drakes?)

Besides, in my case, there was only 650 people roughly in the cave when I got in and egg locked with em, which is nice, not much fighting to click the same egg. Only 38 in the Alpine and 15 in the forest (what IS with everyone gravitating to there anyways?)

I know a few people hate not being able to prepare for th release because there is no schedule, so they either miss it and scramble to get what they can/trade what they can, or be faced with a choice (if they're locked with other eggs) to abandon their lineage project or something or wait for their eggs to hatch.

I just like it because I've not missed a release since being here, and know how hectic it was when everyone KNEW when the drop was. With the unscheduled releases I actually can lock myself and, in the Xeno case, get more after the first hatch. xd.png

Wow, you were actually lucky enough to snag a second set of Xenos? Envyenvyenvy.

Even though I stayed up til 1 am and went to bed - missing the initial Release - I still prefer unscheduled drops. Like TJ said, it DID get kind of boring knowing that every last Saturday at 1 PM there'd be a zillion people in the Cave awaiting that drop. It took a while but I did get my full set of Spectres. (Just snagged the name Phil Spectre)

Alpine ALWAYS seems to get more love than the other Biomes.

Waiting impatiently for hatchies to mature.

Wow, you were actually lucky enough to snag a second set of Xenos? Envyenvyenvy.

Even though I stayed up til 1 am and went to bed - missing the initial Release - I still prefer unscheduled drops. Like TJ said, it DID get kind of boring knowing that every last Saturday at 1 PM there'd be a zillion people in the Cave awaiting that drop. It took a while but I did get my full set of Spectres. (Just snagged the name Phil Spectre)

Alpine ALWAYS seems to get more love than the other Biomes.

Waiting impatiently for hatchies to mature.

A lot of us managed to get 2-3 sets of xenos. We were just lucky.

If anyone is curious for the cracking sequence of these new eggs just take a look at my scroll

Wow I am envious of anyone who got a full set of CB Xenos. I got 1 each CB. I got lucky and got 6 this time and hubby got 2

I cannot wait to see what they look like as adults

Eh, I just got really lucky enough to be there at the first hour. More so that my phone does better catching than my laptop. >.>