TJ09

2015-07-26 - July Release

Thanks TJ and the artists! Caught an assortment from both biomes.

Oh a riddle for the release, how very interesting. Even more so because it has glowing eyeballs. Managed to get two of these eggs after a little struggle.

The eggs kind of look like ametrine. Anyone? Or perhaps dragon's breath opals.

Edited by Niyaka

Five new ones and a damned Split! Already!

Yeah, same sort of thing happened with me, only I got stuck with a worthless harvest. Commons should NOT be mixing in this early, especially when the release was a stealth one when most people were asleep.

Woohooo, got up early to find some pretty new eggies on the site! Just what I needed. Really loving these guys, not sure how I feel about their hatchie sprites.. but I have faith their adults will look stunning. ESPECIALLY loving the little poem at the beginning, got my all chilled and excited!

Got my 6 CB's. tongue.gif

Yeah, same sort of thing happened with me, only I got stuck with a worthless harvest. Commons should NOT be mixing in this early, especially when the release was a stealth one when most people were asleep.

EGGSactly!! Tain't funny TJ!

Oh, boy, dark-coloured Dragons! biggrin.gif

Thanks ever so much to all concerned - I saw a reference to Fiona BlueFire and Verridith and can only hope that these are Common enough to be hoardable, because I'll bet the adults are extreme!

They have been dropping for basically 7 hours and it's insane just how soon commons were mixing in. I was there at the very beginning and I saw harvests, olives whatever and it kind of freaked me out. I know tj said he wasn't on planning to release any Rares but still.......either this a glitch (I dont believe that it is) Or these are going to be rare on some level.

i was wondering if there was going to be a release today lol good thing i hatched out all the random eggs i grabbed last night so i was able to grab new eggs xd.png

They have been dropping for basically 7 hours and it's insane just how soon commons were mixing in. I was there at the very beginning and I saw harvests, olives whatever and it kind of freaked me out. I know tj said he wasn't on planning to release any Rares but still.......either this a glitch (I dont believe that it is) Or these are going to be rare on some level.

Well, we've had several cases where Commons mixed in early but the eggs remained reasonably catchable for some time, or just stayed that way, so we'll hope... does suck, though...

Has anyone seen the hatching sequence? I got side-tracked and failed to check back on the first two before they hatched and am wondering if there's any custom process involved.

Edit: hello and thanks for the lovely dragons, Verridith!

Can you please tell us they're Commons and TJ is just trolling us with the mixed Drop?

Edited by Syphoneira

A rare is my first instinct too. It would be a cap on how weird this release was for the dragon to end up being our first rare in ages.

The hatchlings look strangely like the Cavern Lurker dragons.. Nevertheless, thank you, TJ! This new release looks great!

I love the babies. The deep purple color is really beautiful, nice and rich. I can't wait to see the adults...I hope the purple doesn't get lighter on the adults... I snagged all 7 of mine in about 2 minutes flat.

I'm happy with surprise releases at different times of day. It's only fair. It gives everyone in different time zones an opportunity at first grabs, instead of the same group of people all the time. It's impossible for TJ to please everyone, every single time. I'm just happy and appreciate that we got a release...no matter what time it went down.

Thanks TJ and the artists! Really appreciate the fantastic release of such spooky looking dragons...so far!...in the middle of July! That's pretty cool. lol

Good luck to those still on the hunt!

The 5 minuted drop lasted at least 30 seconds, so they are still flooding pretty well.

I menaged to get 5 eggs, now I just hope I will be able to catch 2 more in 12 hours when two of my eggs are going to hatch smile.gif

Has anyone seen the hatching sequence? I got side-tracked and failed to check back on the first two before they hatched and am wondering if there's any custom process involved.

I noticed the egg became a lighter shade when the hole was getting bigger. But I had surgery on my left eye two days ago, so I am not sure of what I saw xd.png

The hatchlings look strangely like the Cavern Lurker dragons.. Nevertheless, thank you, TJ! This new release looks great!

They do! Very Halloween-y. biggrin.gif AND function as a night-light!

Edit: sorry to hear about the surgery, Naughtrish!

Hope you heal quickly!

Edited by Syphoneira

A rare is my first instinct too. It would be a cap on how weird this release was for the dragon to end up being our first rare in ages.

With the anagallis glitch they basically disappeared. These are still dropping fairly nicely so that's why I don't think it's a glitch.

But still even if they are a rare well that's okay by me. It would be nice for an actual rare to get released instead of all these pseudo rares.

With the anagallis glitch they basically disappeared. These are still dropping fairly nicely so that's why I don't think it's a glitch.

But still even if they are a rare well that's okay by me. It would be nice for an actual rare to get released instead of all these pseudo rares.

Lol, wash your mouth out with soap and our tears! Not being able to catch dragons isn't most people's idea of fun. sad.gif

Edit: actually, a rare probably would be barely Dropping by now, an unCommon might be pretty much the same thing to most of us, though.

Edited by Syphoneira

Yup.

On a side note, just got the name Froggie nightlight <3

Edit: mwahahaha I'm evil and I say release an actual rare. But seriously if anyone needs help catching these just let me know.

Edited by RecycledHeart

They are sure going to become rare if we keep saying they will be. People will get worried and grab more, making them seem even less common. I remember this discussion occurring during every release, but I don't think there will be a way to gauge their rarity until ratios have stabilized.

I hope I can catch a couple of these guys considering I still haven't seen, much less caught a single Xeno ;___;