Princess Kiara

Am I Trustworthy?

Hello once again, my worthy fellow dragontenders! biggrin.gif

My noggin seems to be working slightly better now, so I hope not to overstep myself by offering this suggestion. My sincere apologies to birdzgoboom for the thoughtlessness of my previous suggestion. Please believe me when I say that no disrespect was intended sad.gif

I've seen many people on Howrse, including myself, have an "Am I trustworthy?" topic in their personal Equestrian Center forums, so that people who have traded with them in the past can post there to let others know if the trade went smoothly and whether or not the person is a scammer. Perhaps we could have something similar here--a section where each person can make their own topic, one per person, for others to comment and that way help keep everyone honest?

I feel that on Howrse this has not been too much help because the mechanics of the game are such that an EC owner can delete any unfavorable comments from their trustworthy topic, but as only mods and post authors can delete their posts here, we shouldn't have to face that problem wink.gif

Please comment and let me know what you think! biggrin.gif

Happy hunting!

I believe something like this is against site rules.

I know that we are not allowed to have public black lists in our sigs or profile, and I feel this would sort of end up being similar to a public black list.

ETA: I wanted to add that this idea does have great intentions, but unfortunately it could cause a lot of unnecessary trouble among users. Also, unless you are taking IOUs, there's really no need to know whether or not someone is trustworthy, and DC is pretty firm on IOUs being at your own risk. A nice alternative to this is just asking someone for references of other users they have traded with in the past. Then you could talk to those people about their experiences with that user.

Edited by Windnose

I don't think so because it would be more like a reward system...be trustworthy and you'll have good posts. Maybe you could not say someone was a bad trader, just that you traded, but withhold praise if it isn't earned? That way no one is shamed...

Given the official stance on IOU trading I don't think something like this is really appropriate for this forum. It's also completely pointless if we aren't allowed to leave negative feedback, since there would be no way to tell the difference between someone who scams and someone who just doesn't trade frequently.

I'm basically iou trading and not much else. It says in my signature that I accept ious and to take a look at my profile for more information. On my profile is a link to a Google doc containing all my ongoing, completed and null ious. If someone really wanted to show that they're trustworthy then they could just do as I have done.

I am entirely sure that this is against the rules, and can be used to persecute users.

I remember way back, before teleport there was a person who scammed a huge amount of users. The way they did it was simple - they never traded their part of the deal first. Users complained all over the forum, and mods deleted their posts because of the rules, effectively protecting the scammer.

Now the only way to scam somebody is through IOU. And the site policy on that amounts to "there is no IOU trading on DC" lol

So this has my support, beacuse I feel all aspects of the game should be moderated fairly and I don't agree with DC IOU policy.

Given the official stance on IOU trading I don't think something like this is really appropriate for this forum. It's also completely pointless if we aren't allowed to leave negative feedback, since there would be no way to tell the difference between someone who scams and someone who just doesn't trade frequently.

I'm actually going to use this note to close the thread. Public blacklists aren't allowed and the system you have suggested here would fall into that category.

I don't agree with DC IOU policy.

I know many users feel this way so I just want to address this really quickly. IOUs are not supported by any current in cave system. If things go bad, there is absolutely nothing the mods can do about it. A public rating service wouldn't change this. I doubt we will be allowing it in boards anytime soon due to that reason. Not allowing public IOU trading on DCF has completely cut out the reports of scamming to mods.

~

However, in all fairness, I will bring this topic up with the other mods and get their opinions on it. If need be, we will change policy or start a new suggestions topic to get user input. =)