mamaotter

Dragon from wrong biome?

Part of me wants every user to be able to get this kind of stuff............it's just not exactly fair imo but hey yeah cool copper breedings.

I don't see that it's unfair. It's not like they were deliberately given out to only a few people. It's a bug. Frankly we on DC are lucky that TJ doesn't just wipe bugged pets as is done on other sites. Then nobody would have them and we'd miss out on ANYONE having cool oddities like that.

In fact if you ask me it's the very definition of fairness - it was pure chance, favoring absolutely no one. Some people happened to be hunting the Volcano and willing to pick up what was supposed to be a Pyrope when the bug was happening, and they happened to get lucky and benefit from the bug. Just because not all players were able to get one doesn't make it unfair. In fact, given that TJ does allow people to keep bugged dragons for the most part, you have every chance of getting a weird bug dragon of your own someday still. smile.gif That particular bug is a closed book, yeah, but there will be others. I have a Storm whose biome incorrectly says Cave, for example - it was picked up long after the biomes came into being (early this year IIRC, maybe late 2014.) So keep picking up eggs and maybe someday you'll get your own bug baby. xd.png

Edited by Lurhstaap

Part of me wants every user to be able to get this kind of stuff............it's just not exactly fair imo but hey yeah cool copper breedings.

To be fair, it *was* available for everyone to get, only that we're all not too keen on collecting volcano pyralspites, and we only knew about the bug when it was fixed and all over. xd.png

But technically speaking, if everyone had gotten themselves a volcano pyral at that precise time, there was a chance more people would've owned glitchy pyrals.

Yeah, it was a glitch related to the solstice colour change. I have a Spessartine from the Volcano, and gave away an almaldine for my secret santa (which was super lucky as I'd not have been able to get them one otherwise!)

I think TJ did try to fix it as one of my 2 (I think the Spessartine?) went through all three breeds - picked up as a pyrope, then noticed it was an almaldine, and then finally it settled as a Spessaritne! It's just entertaining, I'd never thought to try for unusualy copper breedings...

Congrats on your very unique dragon!

If every user could get them they wouldn't be unique and special, so they wouldn't be 'wanted' anyway. I think it's fun when glitches happen and a user gets something a little bit different that few others can say they have.

Way cool! Congratulations!

One other biomes glitch I've seen is from the day that biomes were introduced. I've got two dragons on my scroll that are from biomes they're not found in, and both were caught that day.

Red from the Coast (Desert/Volcano only)

... and I forget the other one.

(the other few on my scroll that look wrong are encyclopedia entry errors and not actual biomes-drop errors)

Iirc there was one release that moved biomes, though I can't remember which, now. So some of the initial eggs have one biome and the later ones have another smile.gif Stuff like that happens from time to time, it's kind of cool imo!