mamaotter

Dragon from wrong biome?

Has anyone else picked up an egg only to discover it should have come from a different biome? I have a dragon that I picked up in the volcano biome that should have come from alpine. It's a multi-variety breed, and the egg I grabbed turned out to be the wrong one for the volcano. I think it's very cool.

So, am I the only one?

Edited by mamaotter

Some breeds can come from more than one biome. What breed egg do you have that you think you grabbed from the wrong biome?

It's an Almandine Pyralspite, which as far as I know is only supposed to come from alpine. I had it wrong in the first post. I definitely got it from the volcano, though.

In that case, it's a Pyrope Pyralsprite, not an Almandine. They're very similar colors, though, and easy to mistake for one another.

Edited by Sylph264

Nope, it is the color and has the description of an Almandine. The only thing that is wrong is that its location says Volcano.

Edited by mamaotter

In that case, it's a Pyrope Pyralsprite, not an Almandine.

Perhaps mamaotter is saying she got an Almandine egg from Volcano, instead of Pyrope like it should be?

Perhaps mamaotter is saying she got an Almandine egg from Volcano, instead of Pyrope like it should be?

Yes, exactly.

Nope, it is the color and has the description of an Almandine. The only thing that is wrong is that its location says Volcano.

Is it grown up? If it's still an egg or hatchling, all Pyralsprites have the same description until they reach adulthood. Also, as I said before, Pyropes and Almandines have extremely similar coloring.

Heh. This thread just ensured more people are going to be picking up pyropes just in case they get lucky too. biggrin.gif

It's an adult. I've had it since January.

Here it is:

http://dragcave.net/view/da4Dz

In that case, congratulations! *laughing* You have a very lost Almandine. tongue.gif I've never heard of this happening before, but that's cool! You could write a really fun description for a dragon like that.

Haha wow that's really funny! I was thinking maybe it was a mistake in the beginning like with the Tri-Horns but it's not. That's a really cool error!

Edited by Earth Gurl

Wow, that sure is unusual. It's the only Almandine I've heard of found in the volcano.

I remember reading (I want to say it was in the Help section) that there was some sort of mishap that caused some Pyralspites to spawn in the 'wrong' area - I didn't manage to grab any but a few other people did. Pretty neat! xd.png

Dude that's wicked. I'm definitely going to end trying my luck but since that happened in january I'm not hopeful.

But seriously. That is wicked cool.

Ooooh I've seen that before! biggrin.gif

I remember distinctly that it happened -as a glitch- when TJ was fixing the coloration on the Solstice dragons in response to the blue solstice outrage. Several people posted getting Almandines and Spessartines from the Volcano and it was awesome. One of them, I think, was named Defying coonventions or something along the lines of that! xd.png

...it was a shame the glitch was fixed and that they were gone by the time someone posted, otherwise the volcano would've gotten SO much love. Haha.~

(p.s. congrats! Almandines are gorgeous!)

Edited by Pandalf

From the Almandine description: "They inhabit mountainous areas."

I guess this one prefers mountains that double as volcanoes tongue.gif

Wow, very nice dragon!

And since it is a female you couls also have interesting breeding results from it, like - if I'm not wrong - having a brown copper from almandine tongue.gif

That's amazing, congratulations! You're really lucky it's a female if you want to try Copper breeding with it, as Iside mentioned. Wooow. :0

Part of me wants every user to be able to get this kind of stuff............it's just not exactly fair imo but hey yeah cool copper breedings.

Ooooh I've seen that before! biggrin.gif

I remember distinctly that it happened -as a glitch- when TJ was fixing the coloration on the Solstice dragons in response to the blue solstice outrage.  Several people posted getting Almandines and Spessartines from the Volcano and it was awesome. One of them, I think, was named Defying coonventions or something along the lines of that! xd.png

...it was a shame the glitch was fixed and that they were gone by the time someone posted, otherwise the volcano would've gotten SO much love. Haha.~

(p.s. congrats! Almandines are gorgeous!)

Yes, I remember that, too - congrats to all who had this happen!

Lol, well, volcanoes are really just grouchy mountains, aren't they?

Lol, well, volcanoes are really just grouchy mountains, aren't they?

This just made my day. xd.png

"Meet my dragon. She's from a grouchy mountain."