MissMarifire

Fallout

Fallout thread! Talk about your Fallout 4 hype, how tired you are about the Fallout 4 hype, Fallout lore, preach your love for Fallout 1/2/BoS/Van Buren/BoS2/Online/3/New Vegas/4 and how all the others are poopy butts! Just... we needed a Fallout thread, I mean, we have a TES thread, but no Fallout one? I mean, TES is great, but we can't forget the beloved other Bethesda games, especially one as loved as Fallout.

I've played fallout 3,fallout new Vegas and skyrim and I have to say skyrim tops them all.

Having said that,fallout 3 is still an awesome game and I had tons of fun with it.

I really can't wait for fallout 4 to finally come after all the waiting and mystery.

But no story or game world is truly like skyrim.

I used to be a vault dweller,then I took an enclave to the dad.

Actually i'd never heard of Fall Out.

i love RPGs and was talking to a gamer at work and he kept raving about Fall Out 3 (after i'd get done dishing about Arkham City).

so everytime i'd go to Game Stop i'd see Fall OUt 3 or New Vegas and i'd mull it over. Finally the GotY edition came out and i was like "yeah i'll get it $19 used, why not"

soooooooooooooooooooo a week later, i went back and got the New Vegas GotY edition as well xd.png

i've never actually beat Fall Out 3, and i've never opened New Vegas. i keep playing for weeks on end, getting to about lvl 16, then setting it down and moving on (i have game ADD) only to pick it up again and decide "i should re-start the campaign cause i forget how to use the VATS system xd.png )

currently i'm like lvl12 and still kicking the same Campaign; so i think this time i'll finish it out lmao

but life has been a bit too busy for sitting down and plugging a few hours on the console ... so i've been sating my thirst for Fall Out with the "Fall Out Shelter" game wub.gif

Fall Out 4 is on my list of "gonna buy, no questions asked even if i dont get around to playing it for a few years" because i trust Bethesda to have that great of a quality game and know it'll be $60 well spent.

(you can add Arkham Night, and Watcher and Dragon Age to that list as well xd.png )

Fallout: New Vegas is my first, favorite, and currently only game I've played. I do actually own every FO game, thank you Steam collection sales.

I have nearly 200 hours on New Vegas over the last 4-5 years. I first played it on console on PS3, courtesy of a friend giving it to me. Then I realized that I was missing out on the PC experience and needlessly suffering from the unoptimized mess that was the console version. So I spent almost a month on my first PC playthrough.

Then suddenly, mods. I learned the glory of mods through the Mod Nexus site, went fairly overboard on installing mods, which finally led to a giant mess that I just deleted. So after a short hiatus, I have refurbished my mod list to be much more manageable and not as game breaking or tangential - ALL THE NEW AREAS AND QUESTS.

Thus I am on I believe my 4th new game walkthrough of New Vegas, and have yet to finish the actual storyline. Time and other factors have really slowed my progression. So likewise, the FO Shelter game is a simply fun and quick game to play while on the down low.

i started new vegas, I am up to the bi were you gotta recuit people to save that trader guy running from the bandits, but I have got no further..... it is as weird as playing morrowind for the first time xd.png

Massive fan of Fallout 3 & New Vegas - they're the reason I bought a Playstation! And cosplayed as a Vault Dweller at the London Comic-Con.

user posted image

user posted image

Edited by Kestra15

I don't know about you guys, but I think that Fallout 4 is EXCELLENT. I like that they integrated a lot of the other great Bethesta processes into it but in a refined manner and so far I have been loving this game.

I love New Vegas, I'm obviously a huge fan of Rex, he's seriously my favorite of all the companions.

I'm a natural at being curious so I went to explore dead money once. I saved the current game and went in. I'm not easily freaked out by something foreign or forbidden but DM really did it. I stayed down there and completed a few quests just out of curiosity but quit when I couldn't find a way out of a never-ending maze of alleyways. I sprinted back up those stairs after I came back.

I was shunned in Goodsprings, Cesar's Legion and if I remember correctly, the NCR ended up welcoming me.

I finished my first ever Fallout game last night (well at least my first playthough). Gonna take a short break then go back for round two.

so apparently pc mods might be available to go on xbox one and ps4..... im guessing they'll put it in mid 2016

I've seen a lot of good ideas for mods, but all I really want is a hood that doesn't make my character bald.

I've seen a lot of good ideas for mods, but all I really want is a hood that doesn't make my character bald.

Same... I love having hooded characters but I never can put up with them looking bald

I wish they fixed the gamebreaking bugs. Like getting stuck after the cryo pod and getting stuck on elevator and such. I also hate it that it gets stuck in V.A.T.S. And fixing the lag around cities too.

Other than that, its great.

Fallout 4 was a huge disappointment for me.

They basically ripped the RP out of the RPG and replaced it with more PEW PEW PEW BOOM BOOM RATATATATA!!!1!

The story was lacking, the padding was obnoxious, and the whole time I felt like I was babysitting every god damn NPC in the game.

...except Dogmeat, bless his little soul.

I swear I wanted to FatMan the living censorkip.gif out of Preston Garvey so many times. -.-

Edited by Drakkoh

I've skipped meeting up with Preston in Concord this time around. I just can't be bothered to have to babysit Sanctuary this playthrough.

I've toyed around with the settlement builder, it is ok, and I am hoping that the upcoming DLC will add in more stuff for it.......... (which it will, but more decorations and house prefs)

There are rumors about a Fallout 3 remake coming to Switch.

If it's true, I hope they bring it to the PS4 too. 

Not official, but I heard that a group are having a go at remaking Fallout: New Vegas in the Fallout 4 engine. FN4V, I think it's called. Here's their reddit account and a video from last year on their work so far: 

I just hope that their project doesn't get shot down like the unofficial Fallout 3 one did a couple months back.

Okay, you guys were right. Introducing, Fallout 76!

Teaser trailer just got released like an hour ago. :)  Here's hoping it'll be another single-player game.