Princess Kiara

ANSWERED:Ancient Xenowyrm

Hello all! I'm finally back from a long hiatus smile.gif

I've noticed the Xenowyrm description says:

Originating from a single species that thrived in ancient times, Xenowyrms have become an incredibly diverse breed whose appearances vary depending on their habitats.

I have also seen that others have suggested a Summon - like action for the Xenowyrms to obtain this ancient breed, and that it was rejected. I also know that TJ said that ONLY GoNs would be obtainable in this way, without breeding or catching them. So my suggestion is, I hope, an acceptable compromise between the rules and our greedy wishes for yet another pretty. wink.gif

What if the Chronos could, very rarely, produce a 'throwback' if bred to another Chronos?

My logic is this: Throwbacks really do exist (though perhaps not that far back, but have you ever seen one of those kids who may not look much like their parents, yet they closely resemble a long-dead great-grandparent, like Stapleton resembled the wicked Hugo in The Hound of the Baskervilles?). We'd get the Ancient Xenowyrm without the need for a summoning action, and they would still be extremely rare, like a freak genetic mutation. I guess any Xenowyrm subspecies could produce one, in theory; but I chose Chronos as they are closely associated with time.

What do you think? Please comment smile.gif

Edited by Princess Kiara

Hm, I have to agree. Chronos would be the best to produce a throwback alt as they do represent time. Full support from me as I think an older version would be great. biggrin.gif

I would have to clarify that it wouldn't be an alt so much as a very rare species obtainable only through breeding, at least the way I see it smile.gif because the Ancients would not have been a subspecies of Chronos; rather the other way around smile.gif Edited by Princess Kiara

Hello all! I'm finally back from a long hiatus smile.gif

I've noticed the Xenowyrm description says:

I have also seen that others have suggested a Summon - like action for the Xenowyrms to obtain this ancient breed, and that it was rejected. I also know that TJ said that ONLY GoNs would be obtainable in this way, without breeding or catching them. So my suggestion is, I hope, an acceptable compromise between the rules and our greedy wishes for yet another pretty. wink.gif

What if the Chronos could, very rarely, produce a 'throwback' if bred to another Chronos?

My logic is this: Throwbacks really do exist (though perhaps not that far back). We'd get the Ancient Xenowyrm without the need for a summoning action, and they would still be extremely rare, like a freak genetic mutation. I guess any Xenowyrm subspecies could produce one, in theory; but I chose Chronos as they are closely associated with time.

What do you think? Please comment smile.gif

Interesting idea indeed. * Glares at her two hronos that have decided to refuse*

I don't really like this idea. I feel like it would be better to speak privately with Birdz instead of creating a public suggestion. I also don't like that this would isolate a single Xenowyrm, making Chronos much more sought-after and thus more rare.

I don't really like this idea. I feel like it would be better to speak privately with Birdz instead of creating a public suggestion. I also don't like that this would isolate a single Xenowyrm, making Chronos much more sought-after and thus more rare.

I agree. I think it would have been better to talk to birdzgoboom before start this thread. It's her creation and maybe she have different plans for them.

This. Xenowyrms are hard enough to catch as CBs, this would make it ridiculous if we had to try and get a specific one. If you do this at all, make it possible with all of them, since it's been proven you can get any Xeno out of any Xeno.

But yeah, that should be between Birdz and TJ.

When they were released I asked Birdz if the other 6 mana types could be bred from them and she said TJ would probably kill her for it. xd.png

Stuff like this would be up to Birdz.

Personally while an ancient uber-wyrm would be cool to see, I don't think it makes much sense logically. Yes, animals sometimes show traits from slightly older animals, but the impression I get from the xenos is that it's about as big a time difference as between the original mammalian reptiles and modern mammals, in which case such a drastic throwback wouldn't happen. 'Course, only Birdz can say if that's true or not, which brings the whole thing full circle.

Noooope. I'm sorry, but I do not like this at all and it wouldn't fit the Xenos as they are. Chrono Xenowyrms are no more special than any of the others.

When they were released I asked Birdz if the other 6 mana types could be bred from them and she said TJ would probably kill her for it. XD

Also this, probably.

So I'm sorry, but this idea gets a no from me. v-v" I do really appreciate the interest you have in the Xenowyrms, though, and I do keep these sorts of things in mind. But as for this (or any "Summon" thing or BSA), I would have to say no.

Since I believe this is something you'd need artist permission for, I'm going to go ahead and close this thread. ^^