MissMarifire

Lolita Discussion

Topic says all, basically. Talk about Lolita! Do you wear Lolita? Do you enjoy the look of Lolita? Are you in a Lolita community (local or international, doesn't matter) and want to talk about experiences you've had?

https://ulzzangstyle.com/wp-content/uploads...mvi3o1_1280.jpg ~Linked for size~ (Thanks Sock. Wasn't too sure if it was too big or not as it looked fine on my screen but I can't be too sure.)

(Source: preciosoforcasting.com. Correct me if I'm wrong, though, as I'm not sure.)

Lolita is a Japanese street style that incorporates Victorian or "doll-like" clothing into an ensemble, with the most common Lolita assets being jumper skirts or one-pieces with petticoats underneath, often with a blouse. There's many different branches of Lolita, the two most well known being "Sweet" and "Gothic" Lolita. Basically, think a girly, childish "aristocrat" style, although Ouji (Lolita+Pants) does exist.

Disclaimer: The street style has no relation to the 1955 book Lolita. Also, while it is often used in anime, the fashion itself has no relation to any anime or manga.

--

While I myself don't wear Lolita currently, I plan on wearing it in the future. Once I get the money I'll probably get some fabric and some patterns and make a couple jumper skirts, and buy myself a nice petticoat (Not sure if I should go A-line or Bell shape, though.)

Edited by MissMarifire

I would love to wear lolita, gothic, sweet and pastel. It's basically the only style of clothing that can suit my body. But my parents would never allow it......seriously 16 years old and not allowed to wear pretty dresses come on.

I used to be so into this style when I was at my early teens, but I quickly said: "Nah." and didn't really get so involved. wink.gif

However, I still find it interesting to see on some other people. I like pastel colors. wub.gif

I would love to wear lolita, gothic, sweet and pastel. It's basically the only style of clothing that can suit my body. But my parents would never allow it......seriously 16 years old and not allowed to wear pretty dresses come on.

It might not be because of age, but rather because of price: Lolita is a pretty expensive fashion. But, if you have loads of time, you could always find some nice patterns and sew it, or if you don't have loads of time, you could (very carefully mind you) look at Bodyline's selection. There was some guide about the dos and do nots of buying from Bodyline somewhere, I could find it for you if you'd like.

am all about pastel lolita but its very difficult to find them in my size :v

If you have a lot of time on your hands, you could probably be able to sew some things. Also, some of the more expensive brands are actually able to tailor to your size, as well as Etsy shops.

Edited by MissMarifire

If you have a lot of time on your hands, you could probably be able to sew some things. Also, some of the more expensive brands are actually able to tailor to your size, as well as Etsy shops.

hhhh yeah but... i dont have a lot of money to spend on clothes & i suck at sewing ;;

I love lolita fashion but it's just way too expensive and I don't have the time for sewing.

Also it doesn't suit my body type at all.

If I had the money to buy it I probably would. Kerli's style reminds me of it a lot and I love her so much. :3

...Lolita?

EDIT: I looked into it.

My only comment is that japan is a world of wonder and mystery...

...and really freaky censorkip.gif .

Edited by Ælex

I LOVE Lolita clothing. It's so expensive, but oh man, I would wear it constantly if I could. It's SO FREAKING CUTE. I hated all things girly when I was actually a little girl, and now it's come full circle as an adult. I love girly, cute things. Haha!

...Lolita?

EDIT: I looked into it.

My only comment is that japan is a world of wonder and mystery...

...and really freaky censorkip.gif .

"Disclaimer: The street style has no relation to the 1955 book Lolita. Also, while it is often used in anime, the fashion itself has no relation to any anime or manga. "

I like it in theory I think. I like it in anime, and I love lolita clothes on mannequins, but whenever I see people dressed up in it or pictures it so rarely looks good. They look like small children with old faces. I think mostly I just love victorian clothes(why can't this come back in style?!).

I loved the anime Le Portrait de Petit Cossette.

It looks creepy as heck. But each to their own.