PerkyHedgewitch

Hovertext for abandoned eggs

I would love to know something about an egg before I take it from the cave. There are so many different kinds of dragons, and being new, I know next to nothing about them. I do know there are several I'd like to get though. Instead of clicking on an egg that's been abandoned and instantly running off with it, how about having hover text that says what the first line of the egg's description is? For example, I see an egg and am not sure I want to take it. I hove my mouse over it, and see the description says "you can see mana coursing through this glassy egg". I know that's one I'd like to have, so I click and take it. Or, I realize that's not the dragon I thought it was, so I check out the next egg. That way I don't have to take an egg, find out it's not what I wanted, and re-abandon it.

What do you guys think?

Any eggs worth taking would be gone before you could even read the text. Just grab it anyway because AP eggs can be immediately dropped if you don't want it. And doing so helps you learn what eggs are what.

Any eggs worth taking would be gone before you could even read the text. Just grab it anyway because AP eggs can be immediately dropped if you don't want it. And doing so helps you learn what eggs are what.

This. Pretty much.

I feel like such long text would get in the way of my looking at the AP.

When you've been here a while, you'll begin to recognize eggs. Good thing about the AP is that you can spam click and grab eggs until you're locked - and throw them back as soon as you realize you don't want them.

Besides, I feel like it's kind of a neat tradeoff with the cave. The cave you get descriptions but no pictures. The AP you get pictures but not descriptions. ^^;;

(You can preview the description by copying the link and replacing "abandoned" with "view" btw.)