Darkstorm34

The Radiant Prophecy

((*runs in and trips on the topic*

I need to post sooooooooooooooooo bad! Sorry if I partially make no sense!))

Serena's pupils then contracted in size, as not knowing this dragons intentions, she became frightened. Her fur stood a little on end as she flung her tail in front of her. She tuged at her paw once more, but still being stuck, and causing her more pain, she stopped. Looking up to meet the other dragons eyes, she tried to look as big and bad as she could, but pretty much failed. "Hello there," she said in a cautious tone, "Can I help you?"

---(Mekin)---

He was about to throw another flirty phrase out...until he saw her foot stuck in the hole. I don't think you can help me, since it looks like you're the one that needs help. Urm, try digging your foot out. Or moving it slowly from side to side. He suggested, hoping to gain some trust with the female by looking smart; the more trust he had, the more likely he would get a mate.

---(Maia)---

She had admired the words of the Daydream; they were spoken with caution and a strategic additude, and they were all-around true. She felt that if they talked, they could be great friends; but that was for a later time.

"And... if you don't mind me asking.... what are all of your names? I'd really like to know..." The Nebula by the name of Tomi asked, and Maia was reluctant to speak until the Daydream from earlier gave his name- who she now knew as Symaro. Well, if he feels it's right to give his name, it's alright to give mine- and the names of my idiot brothers, who clearly ARE NOT paying attention.

Well, the bronze Shimmerscale started, My eldest brother- the Shimmerscale near the trees- is Mekin, the glutton who keeps begging for food is Wezan- She gestured to her silver brother, who kept asking for food-and my name is Maia. She finished.

"...I... okay. Um... I have a question for you all....!" Tomi suddenly piped up, and Maia's ears perked. I'm listening.

"Would you... Would you come with me? And help me and Feoh beat them?" ...I... It.... It's something that needs to be done, and we can't do it all on our own. I know we can't... So.... Please?" She had asked the crowd, and already some were agreeing and signing up- including Symaro.

Her descision was final- and her brothers had to go with her.

Well, royally handing the asses of those jerks who destroyed so many lives sounds good to me! And since my brothers have to stay with me as a promise to our dying mother...SIGN US UP! She excitedly shouted, throwing one balled up fist in the air.

As Symaro had said; they needed a plan. Or else they would be mush on the wall before they even landed a claw on those ass-hats they called their saviors.

Will we get to eat their food? Wezan hopefully asked, his eyes shining with excitement.

Urm...yes, if they have any. Maia responded, and watched her brother cheer.

The arrival of two Anagallis dragons-male and female- only partially surprised her. Dragons were popping up here and there- probably because of the growing crowd.

Right right, sorry! I just, what's going on here anyway? The male had asked after rambling and getting stopped by the female.

Welp, we're getting ready to set off on a quest to kill the terrorizing Guardians of Nature. That's all that really is going on. Maia answered.

---(Kajaroo)---

"Kajoroo? I need you, now."

Eyes snapping open from a nice nap, he groaned and lazily got up. Should he listen this time or no?

He quickly grabbed a rock- a flat Rock with a tooth carved on one side and an eye on the others- and threw it in the air. Tooth means not listen, eye means listen.

When the rock clattered on the ground, the eye faced upwards, and he groaned. Welp, gotta go see what Marailis wants.

On the way, Kajaroo found Irgim, the Winter Magi servant, staring into blank space. He always did that when he was not ordered to do something. Placing an evil grin on his snout, he jumped on the faded tail and ran, laughing.

Yeowch! He heard the help from Irgim, and cackled as he ran towards Marailis. When he arrived, he mocked a bow and stood in front of the GoN. Yes, madam? He spoke the word madam with sarcasm dripping from his voice.

(( :0 *Helps Esko Up* ))

Serena stared at the Male for a few seconds, as if lost in thought, before slowly turning her head to look at her caught paw once more. Though she did keep an eye on the Golden Shimmerscale, better safe than sorry, she supposed.

After about a minuet of studying her caught paw, and taking the Golden Shimmerscale's words into mind, she concluded that there was no other way but through digging it out. However, where she stood now, there was no way she was able to turn around to dig herself out, not at least without causing immense pain to herself in the process.

She turned back to him, and though she didn't want to be a bother, she knew that she was limited in her options, and there really wasn't anything else she could do, so she asked. "I believe that you are correct, and that I will have to dig it out."

She paused, then continued after a second or two, "But I'm sort of in a predicament." "You see, I fear that I may have done something to my paw when I stepped into the hole, and where I stand now, I cannot dig myself out."

"So I ask, if it is not much of a burden, would you mind . . ?" She stopped, looking at the male once more, hoping for the best. "Would you mind digging my paw out?" She lowered her head, not in shame, but as to say that she really did need his help, but she was embarrassed to ask a favor such as this on someone she didn't know. Keeping her eyes on the ground, she waited for his response.

Edited by Cupup889

((oh mi gosh look im posting =0 ))

Drachma–

"What on the Great Guardian of Nature's wings is happening now?" Drachma grumbled, swishing his tail as he peered towards the source of the noise. "Honestly, can't a dragon get some peace around here before the forest is filled with annoying little dragons?" He snapped to no one in particular, blinking his eyes irritably. He had been hunting in the forest when something fell. Well, after much irritation and seeing his prey bound away into the trees, he could see the outlines of two dragons who had undoubtedly crashed in the air. Drachma rolled his eyes before staring longingly where the animal had ran off to. Maybe he could see what was happening and get some of the dragons to shut up? That sounded like a plan.

The magi dragon began walking towards where the noise was coming from, shouting then what sounded like fighting? He shook his head, he had left the social world of the dragons so he had no idea what was the new 'thing' for dragons. Majority of the dragons on the world don't even know him, something he was glad for. The shouting got louder the closer he watched to the noise, and the fighting had stopped by now. There was complete silence in the forest. Something had shut them all up and he was extremely grateful for that. He rolled his eyes yet again and proceeded to turn back and go hunting far away from this area and grumble to himself of all the wasted time, he froze in his tracks.

The words belonging to a dragon came from the clearing and into his ears and made his heart pound.

"Would you... Would you come with me? And help me and Feoh beat them?" ...I... It.... It's something that needs to be done, and we can't do it all on our own. I know we can't... So.... Please?"

Drachma turned quickly around, emerald eyes wide and jaw parted in shock. This was new to him. Even though he lived on the edges of society, he had heard rumours of something to do with a prophecy and what not. He always had a disinterest to gossip and chased away the annoying little pygmies and their chatter. But this was new. He saw several of the dragons react, and many of them took immediate action and agreed. Maybe he could help?

He paused, thinking back to before he fled into solidarity. Did he really want to see dragons he would know to love and protect to die before his own eyes? That did happen once, it would probably happen again. But no matter how hard he tried to think this out, he knew that he couldn't just turn around and leave. Well, he had no choice. He already had eavesdropped too much on this conversation to just back out. He had to make himself known.

Drachma slid out of the surrounding trees and walked into the outer edges of the group. He waited until the Anagallis dragon had finished before he made himself talk. "I'm sorry for interrupting, but I was coming here to shut you all up because you were disturbing the whole forest, but I couldn't help overhear some things... I was one of the few who managed to escape from my clan when the Avatar attacked, and I know I can't just walk away hearing this all. I'm just a random stranger who was passing by, but I would help you."

((i'll post with lush later on :> ))

((Kehehehe~ Congrats, Tiga! ;3))

Amuna

Amuna watched as Feoh offered everyone who accepted Tomi's heartfelt request a gruff smile, but she wasn't really paying attention. What she was paying attention to was Symaro's question. What was their plan? To defeat the Guardians of Nature was part of it, yes, but to go about doing it? I suppose that's a fair question, she admitted to herself, glancing at Tomi thoughtfully. I never heard anything about a plan. It doesn't bother me much-- everything will work out in the end, after all-- but the other dragons might need a little more guidance.

The lavender Skywing flitted up to Symaro serenely, speaking in a low but smooth voice. "...These three," she gestured to Tomi, Kumii and Feoh, "are very resourceful and brave. I haven't heard anything akin to a plan, but I put my faith in the fact that they will figure something out. And you know... you don't have to fight, Symaro. I'm not going to; my fighting skills are rather sad, to be honest." Amuna laughed softly before continuing. "Instead, I've decided to help in my own way. I've travelled all across Pyradia in search of important happenings. When I see or hear something important, I make sure to relay the information to them."

Amuna circled around the cloud a few times before settling to hover next to the Daydream. She privately hoped that he would join-- he was certainly different than any other Daydream she had seen. Besides, having someone she could talk to comfortably while in the air might be nice. "As you see, fighting isn't necessary. So if you don't want to be in the front lines, it's completely fine."

The anagallis dragons certainly were a peculiar lot, thought Symaro. It was evident they were related, but they still seemed different in a multitude of ways. The male for example, he spoke with such passion that one could wonder if his pursuit was all that mattered in his life. He seemed like the educated sort, but Symaro couldn't help but feel as if the anagallis had a screw or two loose somewhere in there. Even more peculiar was that tome he was carrying around. It looked thick enough to serve as a bludgeon, yet showed little signs of wear and tare. It was strangely well taken care of given it's owner, but what mystified him even more was what it's contents were.

His sister had barely spoken a word, but Symaro could probably guess as to why that was. She was definitely not the kind of dragon he'd want to associate with, as merely looking at her and her scars, her claws and the malice in her eyes sent all the wrong kinds of shivers down his spine. Added to the fact were the jagged teeth he spotted in her maw when she briefly opened it to utter but a mere four words since her arrival. The daydream considered himself not one to never judge by looks alone, but that anagallis... she was frightening.

Huh? -he snapped out of his daze, looking at Amuna when she started to speak of her acquaintances. She definitely seemed to hold them in high regard, but all Symaro had to go on were her words. He wanted to trust her, he really did. Her charm was intoxicating to the point where he was willing to forget his skepticism and just trust her based on her words alone, but the cold hard reality of the situation kept him from going that far.

She then spoke of her role in all this, and how he's not required to engage the enemy directly to be useful. Simply nodding with a smile, he refrained from arguing that he could defend himself if need be. It seemed highly irrelevant, in a way, and the daydream was already aware of the miniscule value of mere words. He had nothing to prove, and even if he did, he definitely wasn't going to go about proving it with wild claims and boisterous statements.

It was unsurprising that she was a traveler. After all, skywings spend most of their time in the air. The fact that she functioned as an informant for the others was pleasing to hear, but the daydream wasn't exactly certain why...

I'm happy to know you have such wonderful friends. -he stated, glancing between Tomi, Kumii and Feoh- I'm certain they are indeed quite resourceful, as they are courageous. -he took a deep breath, and exhaled slowly, unsure if what he was about to ask was crossing the line. Locking eyes with the skywing, he couldn't help but sound concerned when he finally asked what was bothering him- ...but do they really know what they're up against? I mean, taking down a guardian of nature, that would be something epic, nay... legendary! Taking down two, well... we'll have to... to... -his eyes widened when an idea formed in his head- Split them up, perhaps... But how would we go about doing that? -he muttered under his breath, giving away his intention to help the group in the process.

Edited by Brotato

Time ticks by... time ticks by...! Pepper muttered a verse of the prophecy by the lash of her tail and the clicks of her claws, then grimaced. What a terrible prophecy! Doom and destruction was all fine and dandy to have prior warning to, but not if the danger was completely unknown-- the danger was never specified, except that there were two foes (or instances of a foe) to confront.

Times were the worst! At least, they had been a few days ago, when don't think about that. Times were... well, how was a simply dragon to know how 'the times' are? To Pepper, the Forest of Lilliana seemed pretty peaceful. Especially here, where there was no sound, and plenty of brown, crunchy dead plants and vibrant, green vines creeping and crawling around. ...Wait, what? She stopped just before a patch of empty dirt and paid attention to her surroundings. Before her was a clearing dedicated to a massive Dark Green dragon, which would not remain oblivious to her forever. In fact, were she any closer, the vines which had gone still in preparation for the snare would have seized and asphyxiated her. She took another step backwards, then spooked and turned tail to flee.

Run awayyyyyy!

Rustle, bustle, hustle! Slow... breathe. Look behind, notice there is no pursuit (of course not, Dark Greens don't chase, they trap), and sigh in relief. For the moment, she was safe. Unless, of course, an Avatar of Destruction decides to randomly blow up the forest-

GAHHHHHHHH thinkaboutsomething else something else anything any thing at all. Unless that thing had to do with a dragon called Tomi. She clutched her head, gripping hard. Ouch. No denial whatsoever! The movement for this phrase, by the way, is violently shaking the head while holding it with claws while the eyes are shut - this movement could also translate to, 'No way!' 'Noooonononono!' or 'LalalaI'mNotListening!'

((I had fun with this.))

((Man, I am so used to being another dragon in another roleplay. So hard to get back in shape tongue.gif ))

Gywern

Gywern smiled. Feoh had gained a lot of support from the dragons around him. He turned to Amuna, who was speaking,

"I haven't heard anything akin to a plan, but I put my faith in the fact that they will figure something out. And you know... you don't have to fight, Symaro. I'm not going to; my fighting skills are rather sad, to be honest." Amuna laughed softly before continuing. "Instead, I've decided to help in my own way. I've travelled all across Pyradia in search of important happenings. When I see or hear something important, I make sure to relay the information to them. As you see, fighting isn't necessary. So if you don't want to be in the front lines, it's completely fine."

Gywern closed his eyes. He remembered the times where he would fight recklessly, going to battles without any strategy. He loved fighting, and he would scratch and bite anyone who comes in his way. Now, he had matured. He was obedient and loyal. However, the love of fighting remains deep in his heart. Looking at the dragons around him, he said,

"If you need me to fight, I would. But as the old saying goes, 'Brains over brawn'. We should think of ways to overwhelm them, instead of using brute force, since our strength is very weak compared to theirs."

Eswyn

"Useless, snake-necked excuse for a worm! Who does he think he is, telling me how to treat dry-scale. I've been treating dry-scale since before he was born, the little snip! I'll show him dry-scale! I'll show hi-... What in the name of all that glitters?! " Turning grumpily towards a distant ruckus, Eswyn thrashed her tail menacingly through a patch of wildflowers before searching out the source.

((Sonne & Mond coming tomorrow!))

Edited by Darklithe

Tomi nodded. "We have to think of a strategy. Um... Well... For one, they can't know we're coming." She scooted closer to Feoh, murmuring only loud enough for him to hear, "I'm not v-very good at coming up with strategies, Feoh." The purple nebula folded her wings around herself, as if protecting herself from something. "C-could you help?" The Nebula leaned against him slightly, as if desiring physical contact for emotional support. Tomi, as one could probably tell, wasn't very used to large crowds. In fact, they scare her. Quite a bit.

____

"Kajoroo, don't you give me sass right now."

The Guardian of Nature's tail lashed. "I need you to do a... scouting mission of sorts. It will require you to fly quickly. Are you up to it this time, or are you going to take a nap on the way there again? I could always send someone better, like Irgim."

That was her favorite way of getting him to do what she wanted. Comparing him to Irgim, even when it was a situation in which she would never send Irgim. The best thing about the strategy was that it almost always worked like a charm, and she got a kick out of seeing the sassy little dragon get competitive. Marailis wasn't always nice to her creations.

Amuna looked at all of the dragons-- namely Gywern and Symaro-- with newfound respect. They were all so eager to engage in battle with the Guardians of Nature. She had to admire them for that. Especially this Daydream, she thought with an ounce of surprise, I didn't know there were Daydreams who engaged in battle so willingly. Why, the ones I've met seem to enjoy silly pranks and idle relaxation-- they're never so business-oriented.

She dipped her head to them both gratefully, then hushed them with one long, smooth wing. "You were asking about a plan... I believe that this might fall under that category."

And indeed it would. Feoh nudged Tomi with an acknowledging grunt before flying into the middle to address the present dragons. His ordinarily dull, splotched scales caught the light to reveal a nice coppery sheen. It would be a pretty sight, without the rusted patches. "Tomi is right! We have to keep a low profile. If someone untrustworthy were to spot a large group of different dragons travelling together, they would almost certainly report what they found to the Guardians of Nature. This early on, that could very well mean the end of us." He scanned the group to make sure everyone was listening. They were. Even Luka lifted his snout and stood on his hind legs to see what was going on. "That means that we might need to travel in groups, unless someone has a better idea, in which case come here and mention it."

He continued. "As for what we'll be doing? First, we'll need to make sure we have the strength of many other dragons behind us. The Guardians of Nature have a lot of firepower at their disposal. That means we need to recruit as many dragons as possible."

"Second, we need to gather information. At the moment, we have no idea what the weaknesses of our enemies are. Even rumors would be better to go off of than nothing at all."

"And finally? If we go with this strategy, we'll need a meeting point. Again, suggestions are welcome. If you don't have a better idea, we could meet near the Wound of Iscairies."

"Any questions?"

Gywern

As for what we'll be doing? First, we'll need to make sure we have the strength of many other dragons behind us. The Guardians of Nature have a lot of firepower at their disposal. That means we need to recruit as many dragons as possible." 

"Second, we need to gather information. At the moment, we have no idea what the weaknesses of our enemies are. Even rumors would be better to go off of than nothing at all."

"And finally? If we go with this strategy, we'll need a meeting point. Again, suggestions are welcome. If you don't have a better idea, we could meet near the Wound of Iscairies."

"Any questions?"

Gywern looked up to the sky. Something was amiss, and he was sure of it. Was it the Guardian of Natures spying on them? He felt so suspicious that he thought the trees where listening to them too. ((Narnia style lol ))

"Could I ask you a question please? I know I might sound crazy, but I sense that somehing is amiss. I feel like someone will be spying on us, and can destroy the plan anytime.

I would suggest to meet somewhere not in the open. Perhaps a cave or something. And how do we get information? By snooping around?

"Welp, we're getting ready to set off on a quest to kill the terrorizing Guardians of Nature. That's all that really is going on." -replied one of the dragons. Ashur and his sister exchanged glances, both drawing out a small grin as they realized this wasn't something either of them would want to miss out on. While his sister remained silent and still, Ashur Re-opened his heavyweight tome, removed the quill from between where he'd last left off, gently punctured his left paw with one of his teeth to draw some blood, dipped the tip of the quill within the tiny wound, then started scribbling down the events that were transpiring. He listened with rapt attention as the quill quickly darted across the pages.

It'd been many weeks since my last encounter with a large and diverse group such as the one myself and my bullheaded sister ran into today. To get to see all these different species, gathered in one place warms my heart and reminds me that all differences can be pushed aside for a greater cause, and what greater cause than the one these peculiar dragons had indeed.

The quill stopped to be re-dipped in Ashur's improvised source of crimson "ink", before resuming its rapid scribbling, controlled magically by it's master's will.

My hunt for the speaker of the prophesy seemed a lost cause, as all I could ever gather about her were scraps of questionable information, and rumors based on nothing but mindless conjecture. Lady luck has smiled upon me on this day, as the speaker herself appears to be the one gathering these dragons. Knowing my sister, she no doubt is itching to get started, seeking nothing more than the gratification of driving opponents into submission, and perhaps even the afterlife. I myself must confess, that the prospect of not only gathering reliable information...

Ashur silently re-primed the quill for the next volley of words, while simultaneously listening to Tomi express her concerns about retaining their anonymity and secrecy.

...but actually slaying and examining one of those beasts has me very intrigued. This sort of venture does seem somewhat suicidal, but the fact is that these guardians are a ticking time bomb. Either someone succeeds in eliminating them, or we are all royally fubberknucked. Seeing as my sister and I both agree on pursuing this venture and providing assistance, each in our own way, I have decided to devote my attention to information gathering. It would seem that...

Ashur silently re-primed the quill for the next volley of words, while simultaneously listening to Feoh explain a plan of actions.

...that we'll be hunting even more willing dragons to assist us in stopping these abominations. Additionally, some of us are required to do information gathering, this is where I am hoping to step in. I hope that what little I have gathered about these Guardians will be beneficial in some way. Lastly, we are to gather at a predetermined destination, no doubt for debriefing. It would seem we are likely to head for an area near the Wound of Iscairies. Simple enough, I believe I have that mapped out... somewhere.

Addendum: Start an atlas soon."

""Could I ask you a question please? I know I might sound crazy, but I sense that something is amiss. I feel like someone will be spying on us, and can destroy the plan anytime.

I would suggest to meet somewhere not in the open. Perhaps a cave or something. And how do we get information? By snooping around?"

Agreed! I've been to the Wound of Iscairies. I believe there are such private locations for us to gather there. -he glanced at his sister- We, we stayed in a cave there once, to get out of the bad weather, yes?

Yes. We did. It was about a week or so ago. -she declared plainly, without another word.

Ah, good. Okay. Well, I have many, many questions for our good speaker here, -he gestured at Tomi- But, they are of no relevance to the plan, you were quite clear, uhhh... I'm sorry, I didn't catch your name. -he stated, looking directly at Feoh.

Edited by Ælex

Listening carefully, Symaro sighed lightly as Feoh explained what they were expected to do.

I'm not sure what to think of any of this... -he muttered under his breath.

The details they were given were very few, and the orders themselves were vague.

Who was to accompany who to do what? Where were they supposed to go and perform their duties?

Well, I suppose it's a start. I... -he mumbled something under his breath and looked at Amuna.

I've never been to the Wound of Iscairies. I haven't the slightest of ideas where it is or what it looks like. -he confessed and swallowed dryly.

The last thing he wanted was to drag anyone down.

Edited by Brotato

Gywern

"Agreed! I've been to the Wound of Iscairies. I believe there are such private locations for us to gather there. -he glanced at his sister- We, we stayed in a cave there once, to get out of the bad weather, yes?

Yes. We did. It was about a week or so ago.

"That's great! At least we won't have some dragons snooping around and destroying the plan."

Gywern smiled and turned to Symaro, who asked,

I've never been to the Wound of Iscairies. I haven't the slightest of ideas where it is or what it looks like

I've been to the Wound of Iscairies before. It is near Mount Xalxia.

Gywern turned grim and continued,

"My master brought me there once. He brought one of my other fellow dragon too. However, the Guardian of Natures saw us, and injured my fellow dragon. I never went there again."

((*falls back down* eeeek lots of posts!))

---(Mekin)---

So she needed him?

Noo problem! He proudly said, then started to claw the dirt away. Jeez, how could this get stuck? He sighed as he kept digging.

((@CupCup If you could PM me what's got Serenas' foot stuck, I'll edit Mekin's post and make it longer.))

---(Maia)---

Think of strategy? The word strategy rung in her head. Aw hell yes! This is my strongsuit here! She grinned as the talk of strategy continued. She nodded with satisfaction when the Cassare-Feoh, right?-shared his plan. At least some of the dragons in the sorry lot knew what they were doing!

Could I ask you a question please? I know I might sound crazy, but I sense that somehing is amiss. I feel like someone will be spying on us, and can destroy the plan anytime.

I would suggest to meet somewhere not in the open. Perhaps a cave or something. And how do we get information? By snooping around? Gywern had asked.

Maia sighed. State the obvious any more, could ya? But she stopped the negative thoughts. Beating the wyvern down wasn't a great idea; while annoying, he was a comrade none the less, a dragon helping them defeat the enemy. He deserved some credit. I have to agree with you this time, Wyvern. Snooping around is just about one of our few options. And a cave makes sense- while not one hundred percent secure, it's what we have. She responded.

---(Kajaroo)---

"Kajoroo, don't you give me sass right now." The female GoN had snapped, and the AoD enjoyed it. He even hid one hand behind his back and moved it like a mouth to copy what she said.

"I need you to do a... scouting mission of sorts. It will require you to fly quickly. Are you up to it this time, or are you going to take a nap on the way there again? I could always send someone better, like Irgim."

Scouting was his job, but his ruff flared at the mention of Irgim. Who would send that spawn of a Vampire on a job like that?

Fine fine. I'll do it. Where do I go, Marailis? He responded, resisting the urge to roll his eyes.

((Crappity crap))

Marailis shifted, looking down at the Avatar, while wrapping her tail around herself with elegance. "I need you to go to the Southeastern Isle. There is a magi dragon there. Go to him, and tell him I sent you. He will tell you what I need to know. That fool's finally given up, and said he'll tell me, but only if I come in person, and I'm not doing that." She lashed her tail.

"Is that clear, Kajoroo?"

((I'm going to be a temporary NPC for that magi, no one else has to worry~))

Totally under control and enjoying a nice walk through a forest populated by no one like herself, Pepper Cane gritted her teeth. She was nervous, insecure about being alone alone alone, and oh so homesick. She wanted to find a new family, but new families were generally difficult to find. For now, her priorities had to be to find a safe place to sleep... nevermind that family is the safest place, but instead focus on alternate sleeping places. Underground, perhaps, like a rabbit, or perhaps with a rabbit! ...Would the rabbit mind that? Pepper paused and picked some moss off the dirt to chew while she contemplated the conundrum. Munch munch munch.

She did try to sleep with rabbits, but even after asking nicely, the rabbits just wouldn't hear of it. No way would they let a stranger in their burrow, especially one of a different species. Annoyed as she was by the inhospitality, Cane moved on in her search and found an old abandoned nest. It was disgusting, but she could scratch away the mess and discard it in an unobtrusive manner, and then tidy up the hole with some moss and mint. And then it was night and she had to sleep, lest a carnivorous dragon hunting in the night shouldst accidentally (or purposefully) capture her for meal.

Pepper blearily woke up and simply lay there, blinking away sleep, or blinking back to sleep, comfortable in her soft, fresh smelling bed, and was convinced that she was still home and surrounded by warm bodies rather than cold earth.

Nyroc stirred sleepily. The dream was unnerving, to say the least. He felt older in it, much older, and more beaten up than he really was. He could feel the taught, aching areas in his hide where scars that have never existed were. He was stiff but still strong... and he was watching something. But the visions were blurred and cryptic, the noises muffled as though there was a thick layer of air between him and the others... Others? Unmistakably dragons. But... what others? What tense was this in his dream? Was he reliving that moment, that chaotic time when he lost most of his family, or was this something to come that his brain just happened to cook up?

He suddenly awoke with a jolt, at an annoying time when someone-whoever it was-was about to tell him something important. He grumbled a bit and threw his paw over his muzzle, trying to get back to sleep, but something stirred next to him. He lifted his head.

Another dragon! He jumped with a yelp.

” I was wondering when you were going to wake up.” She commented. She was perched on an outcrop opposite of him, though only seemed annoyed by his presence. Nyroc could quickly tell that she was a wyvern, but what type, he didn't know.

” How long have you been sitting there?” Nyroc instantly demanded. Her tail twitched, and she looked outside the cave entrance as though it held the answer.

” This is my cave. You should leave.” She said flatly. Nyroc huffed, bringing his tail closer to him in case he needed it for defense, but the wyvern didn't even glance back at him. A couple of alarm bells went off in Nyroc's head.

” If I'm an intruder, why haven't you attacked me yet?” He asked. She shot him an incredulous look.

” Are you kidding me? Have you looked at yourself? No way am I letting you bite my head off!” She folded her wings under her, studying Nyroc like he was some kind of bizarre creature. He returned the puzzled look.

” I can't be that scary.”

” Hmph.” She returned her gaze outside. Assured that she was no real threat, Nyroc finally stood up from his tensed position.

” I'll leave if you tell me what's beyond these mountains.” He offered. ” I'm traveling out there.”

” Out there?” Another baffled look. ” What's so interesting out there? You're better off staying in the mountains, whatever-you-are.”

” I'm just bored.” Nyroc shrugged honestly. She wrinkled her nose and started fidgeting with something around the base of her neck, though her wing was lifted in a way that prevented him from seeing what it was.

” At least you're truthful about it...” She grumbled. ” Sesshou Jungle is out that way; a nasty, hideous place filled with hot wet air and shrieking animals. I don't recommend it. Much more peaceful up here.”

” Sesshou Jungle?” Nyroc frowned. He had never heard of the place, but some dragons traveling in and out of the Barren Lands have given him some knowledge about other environments. A jungle, as far as he knew, was just an overgrown forest that was... well... aptly described by the wyvern. It didn't sound pleasing. It also sounded frustrating, considering he wasted a bunch of energy trying to climb the mountain peaks, just to find out that on the other side of them it was the complete opposite of what he was wont to. He sighed.

” Well, I'll be going then.”

” Now wait a minute! I don't know what you are, but if you really are foreign to the mountains like you're implying, then that means you're exploring because it's boring back home. Where are you going now?”

Nyroc paused halfway to the cave entrance, thinking. It was true; why should he go back to the Barren Lands? Sure, he didn't want to go to Sesshou, but it wasn't like there weren't other areas to explore.

” I don't know.” He admitted.

” You're a vagabond and you have no idea where you're going?”

” I'm not a vagabond!” Nyroc bristled at the word. The wyvern seemed shocked.

” Okay, forget I said anything... So what of your journey?”

She doesn't seem to mind talking to strangers... Nyroc realized. He raised his guard just a bit, but kept his mind open to the possibility that she may be so lonely as to not care about strangers. After all, she didn't bother with hostilities when she found him napping inside her cave.

” I don't have a set goal.” He said a bit guardedly.

” Really? Not even like... a desire, or an ultimate goal?”

” What are you getting at?” Nyroc questioned, turning to face the wyvern again. He saw now that the thing she was fussing with earlier was a metal choker adorning the base of her neck, though he barely regarded the detail and pushed it to the back of his mind. She seemed hesitant to share her thoughts, examining him nervously.

” Well, with your scars and all, I was thinking for sure you were working for... someone...”

” Who?!”

The wyvern suddenly seemed to regain some confidence, and gave him a shrug.

” You know, the Guardians of Nature. Fantastic fellows, really. I've heard they've used their powers once to water the Esladia Desert-”

” Guardians of Nature? What Guardians of Nature?”

” Huh?” The confidence faded again, replaced by further bewilderment, as though the wyvern just dropped a guise. ” What? You mean you don't know?”

” Know what?!” Nyroc snapped in exasperation.

” About the Guardians of Nature! You know! Purple demi-god dragons that once destroyed an entire forest with their best minion, remember that whole fiasco?” She sighed when all Nyroc returned was a blank stare. ” Have you ever traveled beyond your cave?”

” Apparently not.” Nyroc grumbled. ” I have no idea what you're talking about.”

” Well, that needs to be fixed. If you're traveling anywhere, you're going to be traveling with me, because I need to find you those pygmies who spoke about Tomi's Prophecy.”

” Who's prophecy?” Nyroc was silenced by a dismissive tail flick as the wyvern climbed off of the rock and pushed past him outside. He gave her a cynical stare before following, with confused questions threatening to burst out of him.

It was a chilly morning, with cold breezes whipping past the cave entrance and a deceptively sunny sky. Nyroc hung back a bit, though the wyvern didn't seem affected in the slightest by the winds. She scanned the area, as though expecting to see something.

” It looks like we don't have to worry about any nosy neighbors!” She informed him over the wind. ” The pygmies I met were down at the southern end of the ranges-it'll be a while to fly there. Well, are you coming?” She noticed him staying back from the edge.

” How do you tolerate the cold?!” He shouted back at her.

” Cold? What cold?” A brief silence dominated by the howling of the winds. ” You must be really foreign to not like the air here. It's nice!”

” If you say so.” He took a few tentative steps toward the ledge, staying behind the wyvern just in case. She looked pointedly to the left.

” We're going down that way. Expect some sharp cliffs and rocky pinnacles.”

” Huh?!”

Fwoosh! The wyvern popped her wings open, and was swept off the edge by the wind. Nyroc just stared after her, mouth agape. Being a volcanic dragon, he was used to calm, strong thermals, not raging, freezing galestorms!

He took a few more steps to the edge, getting more and more nervous. The winds buffeted him from all sides before he even took flight. The footing was precarious, the drop deadly. And he was about to try and fly in this! It would only be worse should it be actually storming.

He finally took a deep breath. And propelled himself off the ledge.

Whooo! Exhilarating! There was some method to the wind's madness, and he found a somewhat calmer pocket of air to follow. A quick examination of the mountain's face and some old flying experience assured Nyroc more about his choice airstream... though with the air being so cold, he was doing a lot more flapping in order to keep up with the wyvern. Her blue horns glinted in the morning light, and she glanced back at him to flash a smile.

” Fun, huh! Come on!” She dove into a faster airstream, and as nervous and excited as Nyroc was, he followed.

” This is crazy! How do you live in this?!” He admitted over the wind. She laughed.

It's only getting better!”

The Guardian looked ahead, and knots formed in his stomach at the sight.

Rising up from the rocky ground were huge pillars of rock, littering the scene like massive stone trees. And the wind was thrusting them straight into the fray.

Edited by skwerl56767

((Okay!! I'm finally back, you guys!~))

Tomi looked at Feoh nervously. "But... isn't the Wound of Iscaries... next to Mount Xalaxia? Doesn't that make it... more dangerous?" Kumii butted in. "Yeah, sure, it's dangerous, but that's the point! The Guardians of Nature aren't gonna think we're stupid enough to be right next to 'em, but we will be! That's the idea!" ...Well, that probably wasn't what Feoh had intended, but it was still a valid point. The Guardians of Nature wouldn't expect their enemies to be right next to them.

Tomi looked a bit hurt at Kumii's bluntness, but seemed to understand. "Okay... Well, we'll need times to meet... Maybe... once every week? We can figure out a specific day to meet, and we'll meet on that day....... Does that sound good for everyone?" Kumii nodded, and Tomi fluttered her wings in acknowledgement. Then, she gazed at the rest of the group, waiting and hoping for their approval.

((Welcome back Miko!))

((Esko are you going to add more to your post or leave it as it is?))

~~~~~

She continued staring at the ground, noticing small details such as a withered flower, eaten away by hungry bugs that had found it as an easy snack, or the prints in the ground, almost faded away, left by creatures of all sorts that had traveled through the forest in years past.

"Noo Problem!" Mekin had responded, and in a flash was down near the hole, using his beautiful claws to dig out the dirt that held her. She felt bad, having to ask him to do such a deed, knowing that Shimmer-Scales more or less valued how they looked. Plus, being a Golden Shimmer, she felt even more awful. Though she didn't believe any creature was better than the other, she knew how prized a Golden coat was.

"Th-Thank You, I really do appreciate you helping me." She paused for a second, realizing she hadn't even asked his name, how rude of her! " Pardon my manners, you being so kind and chivalrous, the least I cold do is ask you your name?"

With a yawn and a languorous stretch, Pepper murmured Good morning, to her nestmates, and then a cactus lodged itself in her throat. Silly Cane. Suddenly the weight of the cavern was upon her, it must have caved in and she'd be buried to sleep here, although nothing physically weighed itself on top of her spine. Beware... the darkness within you... Her scales itched, and she felt a shiver and a cold rock settle itself into her belly. It was alright to be in the dark if she were kept company, but it was no good sitting in a hole by herself. Moving her limbs sent tingles all over as they woke from their frozen tensity, and she crawled into the light of day, shielded by the screen of bushes that also kept her safe from prying eyes. Green light meant go.

((@Cup I lost inspiration for editing his thing. I'll leave it as is))

---(Kajaroo)---

"I need you to go to the Southeastern Isle. There is a magi dragon there. Go to him, and tell him I sent you. He will tell you what I need to know. That fool's finally given up, and said he'll tell me, but only if I come in person, and I'm not doing that." The female GoN had ordered, and the young AoD lashed his tail. So I'm being sent as a dummy then? Alright, a Magi dragon isn't that threatening.

"Is that clear, Kajoroo?"

Yeah yeah, it's clear. I'll head out now. He gave a small eyeroll and started walking away. Soon, he came across Irgim and stomped on his tail before walking away, emitting a small cackle at the help that came from the Winter Magi. Yeah, like that spawn of a Vampire would do much good. I'm better than him, than the other Avatars of Destruction.

I'll show them.

And then he took off into the sky.

---(Mekin)---

He kept himself from making a face at the dirt getting on his shimmery scales. Wezan or Maia would not care, but he valued how he looked. He wanted to impress and court females, while Maia and Wezan didn't care.

And...done! He chirped with relief when he unearthed the foot from the soil. He hoped getting dirty would be worth it, especially if it helped gain the trust of this female and helped him get the chance to court her.

"Th-Thank You, I really do appreciate you helping me." He heard her thank him, and he felt a sudden spring of pride. He had earned a thank! It showed gratitude, and that helped.

" Pardon my manners, you being so kind and chivalrous, the least I cold do is ask you your name?"

His ears flicked, and he slightly puffed his chest. He didn't know what chivalrous meant, but it was grouped with 'kind' and that was good!

Mekin Wayward, always and forever. And your name is? He gave a slight bow, and he wore a grin. If this got him a mate, he would surely do it.

((I made him so focused on courting females, lol.))

Feoh glanced around at all of the dragons, tilting his head and observing through keen blue eyes. After listening to all of their questions, comments and concerns, he beat his stubby tail against the ground twice to gather everyone's attention. "Right, then! It seems like most of you understand what I've proposed. As for the questions..." He swiveled his head towards Gywern first. "Firstly, a cave is our best bet. As Kumii said, hiding right under the Guardian of Natures' noses is what they'd never expect. I know of the perfect cave we can use-- I'll show you all where it is when we meet for the first time. Secondly... yes: by 'snooping around.'" He raised an eyebrow slightly, crossing one massive paw over the other. "That, and asking questions. Those are the only two reliable methods I can think of. And my name," he finished, "Is Feoh."

"Now, if that's all..." Feoh took a deep breath before speaking up. " We need to split into groups! Four will work; that makes it so our numbers are spread enough not to rouse suspicion." His eyes twinkled as he looked to Tomii for approval. After all, she was the leader. "Two groups shall gather information, and two will recruit other dragons to our cause. You may sort this amongst yourselves... But if you need help with something, you may certainly ask Tomii or I."

"To make your priorities clear, the information-gathering groups must first find out more about the Guardians of Nature. Their weaknesses, likes, dislikes-- anything will help. The recruiting groups will ask individual dragons and even entire tribes to join our cause. The more numbers we have, the better!" With an encouraging roar, he nodded to each dragon in turn. "Now everyone must choose."

"Which group shall you be in?"

When Feoh continued speaking, so did Ashur's quill continue scribbling.

We'll be traveling in groups of four, and knowing my sister, she'll refuse to leave my side. Then again, she's not the most gregarious or charismatic of dragons, so it is probably to everyone's best interest that she remains in my presence, especially if it means keeping her out of the group responsible for recruitment.

Ashur paused to re-prime the quill, listening closely, when something caught his attention. Looking over towards his left, where his sister once stood, he saw her digging a hole into the ground a few feet to the left of where she once stood.

What are you doing? We're supposed to be listen...

Zip it. You'd forget what we came here for by the time we're due to leave. -she grunted, and continued clawing soil from beneath herself, obviously looking for something buried there.

Sighing, Ashur re-directed his attention back to Feoh, and continued scribbling onto the pages of his journal.

I must chart out a course for our up-coming week-long venture, and see if the other members of our team would agree to it. Information about these things will be difficult to acquire, but we will go to extremes if need be. I have a few ideas, but I'll leave them out as a last resort. Now, I am hoping that maybe... -he trailed off, wondering who to ask to join him and Solla for information gathering. He didn't know these dragons, how would he even begin to assess their capacity for discretely doing research?

*thump* Ashur flinched, and looked at his feet, where the noise had originated.

There... Let's hope it was worth it. -bluntly stated his sister, as the two looked over the large hard-covered book between Ashur's front paws. It was nearly identical to his own, and even had the familiar iron chain attached, used to carry it safely and freely by beings such as Ashur. Even the thick cover matched the one of the heavy tome he was already scribbling into, save for the one small detail of the different initials burned into it's top right corner. Despite the fact that it'd been buried underground for some time, it looked in relatively good shape.

Why'd you even want to stash this away anyway? -Solla grumbled, more annoyed than curious.

It's uhhh, complicated, Solla. Please. -he breathed a short sigh, and immediately retrieved the tome, slinging it over his neck and onto his back, then closing his own with an audible thump, before resting it atop the other one.

Let's focus on the task at hand, shall we? -he stated with a tinge of melancholy.

Edited by Ælex

Crossing his forelimbs, Symaro let off a deep sigh as he listened to the formulated plan. Manifesting another large clump of fluffy clouds and re-shaping them into a cozy chair-like frame, he sat within it and rubbed his chin. Getting closer to those monsters, that can't be good for my night terrors. -he figured, and started rocking back and fourth in his puffy chair, one leg lazily hanging and swinging from the left edge.

What was he to do anyway? He was no good at getting information.

Recruitment, however... Hmmm, yeah. I can do that. -he muttered as a small smile crossed his face. Glancing towards his new charismatic lavender skywing acquaintance, he wondered what role she would play in all this.