Darth Krande

Put "your status" above

Since I had a 2g shimmer auto-abandon, I keep a constant watch on my http://dragcave.net/help/egglimits page.

As you can see, the page consists of two main panels, an explanation and a "Your status" block.

Could we please have it so that the changing data wouldn't be at the bottom of the page, but at eye level? So that I wouldn't need to scroll down the screen every time. I think it is small enough that people who are looking for the explanation wil still find that block right under their status.

It would be a lot more convenient, and I hope it wouldn't hurt anyone.

Thinking about it, it must be even more convenient this way for thosse who use the Cave on mobile.

Since I had a 2g shimmer auto-abandon, I keep a constant watch on my http://dragcave.net/help/egglimits page.

As you can see, the page consists of two main panels, an explanation and a "Your status" block.

Could we please have it so that the changing data wouldn't be at the bottom of the page, but at eye level? So that I wouldn't need to scroll down the screen every time. I think it is small enough that people who are looking for the explanation wil still find that block right under their status.

It would be a lot more convenient, and I hope it wouldn't hurt anyone.

Thinking about it, it must be even more convenient this way for thosse who use the Cave on mobile.

I see no harm at all in this idea.

In fact, I'd take it a step further and say maybe have a status marker on our scroll... like next to our trophy or such. ( A circle of green if unlocked, red if locked, maybe ?)

SO! Support from me, plus ideas!

Edited by Silverswift

I like the idea of a warning symbol! Maybe green would be if you have an egg space, red if you're at the totals limit, and a red egg when you only have space for hatchlings.

Even better would be to add trades to this (Like, if I have a trade offer of four hatchlings for an egg when I'm egg-locked?)

I like the idea of a warning symbol! Maybe green would be if you have an egg space, red if you're at the totals limit, and a red egg when you only have space for hatchlings.

Even better would be to add trades to this (Like, if I have a trade offer of four hatchlings for an egg when I'm egg-locked?)

YES! A bit more than what I even had in mind, but that would be awesome.

I am unsure how you would include trades, though... otherwise this would be grand.

The trades thing would be great, too... IF we could figure out how that would work.

Your Status shows clearly when I open the page. The only place I could see it being an issue is on a mobile device. If it would help there, i'll support the change, but I see no need on the regular Egg Limits page.

As far as auto-abandon warnings, I thought the one proposed for the Breed page is the best option.

I play mainly on mobile and I have to scroll down to see my limits. Rather something I would prefer if you're going to breed a dragons, there be a little text on the page saying how many eggs and hatchlings you have right then. So if I have 5 eggs and 7 hatchlings when I get to the breed page where it list all the possible dragons at the very top there would be a small line of text in like black or bright blue telling me that, "At this moment you have 5 eggs and 7 hatchlings. " If I'm egglocked the text would be red and say something like, "Warning, any eggs bred will be automatically abandoned."

I play mainly on mobile and I have to scroll down to see my limits. Rather something I would prefer if you're going to breed a dragons, there be a little text on the page saying how many eggs and hatchlings you have right then. So if I have 5 eggs and 7 hatchlings when I get to the breed page where it list all the possible dragons at the very top there would be a small line of text in like black or bright blue telling me that, "At this moment you have 5 eggs and 7 hatchlings. " If I'm egglocked the text would be red and say something like, "Warning, any eggs bred will be automatically abandoned."

That would be a pain! So this is just needed for people on mobile and wouldn't even be a site-wide change, if that actually makes the coding change easier for TJ. (Has no idea, lol.)

And an egg-locked warning Suggestion for the breeding page has come up before and had lots of support. Personally, I'm paranoid and try to always click on my trophy before breeding to be sure I have room, even when I KNOW I do, but that probably wouldn't be as simple on a mobile device.

On my laptop, I have to scroll down to see Your Status. Not a huge deal, but I'd welcome the change.

I can see it just at the bottom, but there are plenty of small-screened devices I can see people needing to scroll for.

However, I kind of like the placement as is because it's a logical flow. You get explanation then your status. If we could figure out a smooth way to put them next to each other, that I'd be fine with.

That would be a pain! So this is just needed for people on mobile and wouldn't even be a site-wide change, if that actually makes the coding change easier for TJ. (Has no idea, lol.)

And an egg-locked warning Suggestion for the breeding page has come up before and had lots of support. Personally, I'm paranoid and try to always click on my trophy before breeding to be sure I have room, even when I KNOW I do, but that probably wouldn't be as simple on a mobile device.

Yeah I really just see this as a mobile thing. Mobile for me does make it easier to catch eggs but sorting doesn't work on mobile, you can't change the background, you can't load as many dragons on one page and you have to scroll down the trophy page.

It would be nice for something like I suggested above to happen but it's not necessary enough for me to really want.

I use an old laptop and the page ends in the middle of the gold trophy. I know I could set the monitor for higher resolution but then I'd have to dquint to read anything else....

I use an old laptop and the page ends in the middle of the gold trophy. I know I could set the monitor for higher resolution but then I'd have to dquint to read anything else....

Mine cuts at Silver and it's still just one Mouse Wheel-scroll or Page Down-click away from seeing the limits.

It's not really an issue on computers if you ask me.

Edited by CNR4806