Tomato_Juice

Text for Grabbing Eggs/Hatchlings

Even if you don't have anything to say, you can always show some support by replying something positive. It really helps a lot!

Hello I'm rather new to the forums so please correct me if I've done anything wrongly.

I have a suggestion for the site and it's not an earth-shattering idea that will change DC. It's just a small suggestion, but nonetheless I would like for it to be added.

Notice how when you abandon an egg, it says 'You put the egg back where you found it and walk away.' Or something like that. And when you try to pick up an egg but someone has already taken it, it says 'You cannot seem to find the egg you are looking for.' And there are many more examples. So as you can see, there is usually text accompanying each action you take on DC.

But why is there no text for grabbing eggs and hatchlings?

Grabbing eggs and hatchlings is a vital part of the game. You can't play DC without doing this. Since it is an important part of DC, why doesn't it have accompanying text? All it shows is the egg/hatchling you took, along with BBCode links. But no words. Therefore, I have a few suggestions and discussion questions.

Suggestions:

Text for grabbing eggs (1): You stealthily grab the egg, and tiptoeing, sneak out of the cave.

Text for grabbing eggs (2): You dash towards the egg, grab it, and sprint out of the cave without looking back.

Text for grabbing eggs (3): Just as you pick up the egg, you hear a loud roar. Clutching the egg, you speed out of the cave.

Text for grabbing eggs (4): You find the egg you have been looking for. Contented, you head home.

Text for grabbing eggs (5): You cup the tiny egg in your palms, carefully carrying it out of the cave. (Pygmies)

Text for grabbing eggs (6): Careful not to harm the cute Leetle Tree, you uproot it from the entrance of the cave and carry it home to replant. (Leetle Trees)

Text for grabbing eggs (7): You feel your heart fluttering as you carry the egg home. (Valentine's Day eggs)

Text for grabbing eggs (8): An icy shiver runs down your spine when you pick up this egg. (Halloween eggs)

Text for grabbing eggs (9): You carry the egg, whistling a happy tune as you walk out of the cave and into the snow. (Christmas eggs)

Text de grabbing eggs (10): You pick up the dry, brittle egg and decide to keep it. (Eggs with under 4 days left.)

Text for grabbing AP hatchlings (1): After much coaxing, the hatchling finally lets you carry it home.

Text for grabbing AP hatchlings (2): You carry the squirming, protesting hatchling in your arms and head home.

Text for grabbing AP hatchlings (3): Upon seeing you, a starved, dehydrated hatchling jumps at you. You decide to bring it home and keep it. (All hatchlings with under 4 days left.)

Text for grabbing AP hatchlings (4): You carry the sleeping hatchling and walk out of the cave, careful not to wake it up.

WHEW. Formatting on a phone is hard.

Questions:

Do you have any extra stuff to suggest? Any changes you want to be made to the descriptions?

Thanks for reading! (if you did) smile.gif

And a big THANK YOU to everyone who gave AWESOME suggestions! If you want to be credited here just tell me

Edited by Tomato_Juice

Would be great for immersion, and obviously doesn't hurt anything.

You have my support.

I love this idea! It really shows more interaction with your dragon(s) from the start.

EDIT: To answer your questions...I'm just going to give my opinion here as to which text should go where.

For Common Eggs:

Text for grabbing eggs (1): You stealthily grab the egg, and tiptoeing, sneak out of the cave.

For Uncommon Eggs:

Text for grabbing eggs (2): You dash towards the egg, grab it, and sprint out of the cave without looking back.

For Rare Eggs:

Text for grabbing eggs (3): Just as you pick up the egg, you hear a loud roar. Clutching the egg, you speed out of the cave.

For Common/Uncommon #2:

Text for grabbing eggs (4): You find the egg you have been looking for. Contented, you head home.

Above 4d0hr Timer:

Text for grabbing AP hatchlings (1): After much coaxing, the hatchling finally follows you home.

Text for grabbing AP hatchlings (2): You carry the squirming, protesting hatchling in your arms and head home.

Like you said, Under 4d0hr Timer:

Text for grabbing AP hatchlings (3): Upon seeing you, a starved, dehydrated hatchling jumps at you. You decide to bring it home and keep it. (Idea: This description could be used for hatchlings under 4 days left.)

Rare Hatchling Above 4d0hr Timer:

Text for grabbing AP hatchlings (4): You carry the sleeping hatchling and walk out of the cave, careful not to wake it up.

I also think that Leetle Trees deserve their own text too. Such as, "... Careful not to harm the cute Leetle Tree, you uproot it from the entrance to the cave and carry it home to replant."

Edited by PixelShark

I see nothing wrong with this and adds some nice immersion as CNR stated so I'm all for it :3

Has my support, I love the idea with the hatchlings under 4 days and the eggs with you hearing the dragon roar text.

How about something as well for Holidays?

Thanks for all the support! Can anyone tell me how to add a poll?

Not 100% sure but I do not think you can add a poll in Suggestions.

Not 100% sure but I do not think you can add a poll in Suggestions.

Oh ok thanks that's fine.

And KuroYukia, that's a brilliant suggestion. I'll think of descriptions for Holiday dragons and add them soon.

Ive been hoping someone would suggest this. Glad to know someone feels the same way I do about this situation. smile.gif Full and total support all the way.

This is cute and would really add just that extra depth to the game - plus, I don't imagine it being hard to put in.

A really nice yet simple idea; perfect! Full support. smile.gif

I see nothing wrong with this and adds some nice immersion as CNR stated so I'm all for it :3

I second this. I like the idea... It wouldn't REALLY effect gameplay, but it would make the world of Valkamere seem more real. smile.gif

Support. smile.gif I like how this adds to the roleplaying aspect of DC. I think there should be different sets of texts for eggs and hatchlings, and they should be randomized each time within those sets.

I support! This sounds like an interesting way to immerse the players smile.gif

Wow, a suggestion I can totally get on board with! I love the text examples, cute!

Complete support. Adds a lot more immersion, and i believe in the fact that there should be specific text for below 4 day Eggs/ hatchlings. cool.gif

Lol, they're all cute, except for the one about the hatchling following you home. At DC, if a hatching you abandon follows you home, you have no chance of getting rid of it for 24 hours, so I'd suggest a different phrasing.

I once had to Freeze a messy hatchy I'd checked on the AP, as it had followed me home and would have grown up on my scroll. I don't Freeze, (except that one, and one which was more recently Frozen by accident, instead of being Abandoned, when I was very tired) so that was felt as being rather a blot on my scroll.