Beldarius

ANSWERED:Limit on prize trading threads?

The prizes are currently limited to two threads and limiting them to one won't necessarily help you get what you want.

For the past few weeks, I've been offering fairly low gen prizes in exchange for any one CB hatchling and have gotten slim to no offers and I end up giving them away. I've been offering low gen metals for the same thing and have also gotten nothing.

No support. We have enough thread restrictions. It doesn't do to restrict someone else's play style (trading included) in an effort to increase your chances at getting what you want. This creates unneeded and unwanted hostility and bias against a dragon species and a group of players (low gen prizes and those who trade them. You've also already made your idea that any prize above 6th gen is "worthless" clear).

Edited by Jazeki

Prizes have already been kicked out of most threads. The general trading thread is general for a reason and I want it to remain that way. Browse the metallic, CB, and even usually even gen threads if you don't want to see many prizes.

Banishing prizes won't help with that problem, because CB Xenos are acting like a user-driven rare. For at least a few months, more likely a full year, they will trade for extremely high prices.

For the rest... Banishing Prizes to their own "Have" thread helped a lot. Banishing them completely would cause other problems.

Double QFT. No support for limiting prize trades any further.

As everyone else has already said, the prize trades are so numerous because people want prizes. And a lot of people are trading Xenos only for prizes or metals, so like it or not, the Xenos you want are irretrievably linked to the prizes you hate seeing. Sorry. Not a lot to be done about it until the ratios fix themselves or people stop loving Xenos, both of which are likely to take forever.

The fact of the matter is you can't control what people want or what's desired. Banishing trades like that won't solve anything and it will just make people mad. It's all about supply and demand. New releases are coming out all the time and the hype over xenos will die down eventually. People always love rare dragons and will often do anything for them. Hence why they are rare. Honestly it is what it is.

We've already limited prize trading and I still don't see reason for limiting it further, ESPECIALLY the wants. I'm okay with threads banning certain trade HAVES, but a WANTS restriction is a no-no to me :/

I'm against this suggestion.

Why, I know most people use Prize Central which is for Prizes only. Others don't know about said thread and post on one they've used for as long as they've been able to.

But telling someone they can't post a trade in a trade thread is like saying you can't use a two way entrance for exiting.

If we ban prize 'wants' people will just say "look at the purple line in my signature" just as they do with IOUs.

I don't support this suggestion.