Syrup

Romantic Orientation/Identity

I'll start: as of now, I'm an aromantic--I don't feel romance. I've never had a crush, and a lot of people that are 'cute' or 'hot' to others aren't that impressive to me. But I've always been bombarded with the 'oh, surely, you'll change your mind one day' and I quite frankly find it aggravating. Yes, I might, but everyone smugly expects it.

So far, this is defidently me. I often say (or want to say) that I don't want to fall in love. I never even had cute little relationships in preschool (aka holding hands and smiling) and I never have those middle school crushes. Yet people expect me to eventually "change my mind". My sister is probably going to be the one to fall in love, get married, ect. Not me.

This was one conversation I had back in sixth grade. One that I didn't start, as usual.

Kid: " Hey, will you marry a guy?"

Me: "Um, no" That's where I put on my "wtf" look.

Kid: "So you will marry a girl?" This is where my "wtf" look intensifies.

Me: "No!"

Kid: "So who will you marry?"

Me: "Nobody"

Kid: "What?" This is where the kid gives me a look like I have a nasty pimple, and the conversation ends.

See? Even my peers expect me to fall in love. It's aggravating.

So far, this is defidently me. I often say (or want to say) that I don't want to fall in love. I never even had cute little relationships in preschool (aka holding hands and smiling) and I never have those middle school crushes. Yet people expect me to eventually "change my mind". My sister is probably going to be the one to fall in love, get married, ect. Not me.

This was one conversation I had back in sixth grade. One that I didn't start, as usual.

Kid: " Hey, will you marry a guy?"

Me: "Um, no" That's where I put on my "wtf" look.

Kid: "So you will marry a girl?" This is where my "wtf" look intensifies.

Me: "No!"

Kid: "So who will you marry?"

Me: "Nobody"

Kid: "What?" This is where the kid gives me a look like I have a nasty pimple, and the conversation ends.

See? Even my peers expect me to fall in love. It's aggravating.

I'm not aromantic but I don't actually want to get married either, and that conversation always goes awfully with everyone like. Society expects you to fall in love and date and get married, and if you don't want to do that then you're all strange and stuff.

I feel both romantic and sexual attraction to men only. So I'm hetero both ways. smile.gif

I struggle with this axis of identification. Not conceptually, just in terms of figuring out my own place on it.

I'm pretty sure I could be persuaded to fall in love with a toaster, though. When it comes to love, I am the dumbest smart person.

  Heteromantic. I am not a particularly romantic person, per se, but as far as it goes, I am only capable of experiencing what I term love (as opposed to just friendship) towards male humans.

Aromantic. While my friends are giggling and blushing over hot boys and chatting about their crushes, I'm indifferent.

Fully straight, but past experiences have kind of ruined romance for me.

These days I've mostly been after sexual satisfaction only, rather than seeking a meaningful relationship.

Unfortunately, this has also lead me to be a bit of a heartbreaker as well, due to my unwillingness to connect after I get what I want.

I doubt that will ever change, as I feel quite content this way.

im not quite sure what i am tbh ? ive been going by demiromantic for a while but i also have a cluster b personality disorder(narcissistic) which influences my romantic feelings, i almost always end up having romantic feelings for my favorite person... which is always someone im incredibly close to, so i guess demi is probably correct, but i still feel kinda uncertain ://

I first came out as bi/panromantic a number of years ago, but I must be aro spectrum (perhaps gray-aromantic or aroflux) if not outright aromantic now.

i'm somewhere on the aromantic spectrum, but i'm not quite sure where yet... i would try to explore, but i've literally only had a crush on one person who was/is my best friend, and the other crushes i thought i had were squishes.

I'm a heartbreaker.

Sadly, that's the reality of things, and I've come to terms with it.

Once I get what I want, I lose interest.

I've tried fixing it, but it doesn't work.

Edited by Drakkoh