Riverwillows

It's Independance Day in the US!

Having roast and watching the 'works.

My daughter just informed me that due to extreme exposure of the flag on the moon to space and solar winds, it has completely faded to white.

I can just see it now: An alien ship cruises slowly towards Earth, and spots the flag on the moon. The message is clear: WELCOME TO EARTH - WE SURRENDER!!

ROFL!!!

EDIT: Aw come on, guys, let's get an active thread going here!!!!

Edited by Riverwillows

I'm working from 2:30 pm to 9 pm PST .w.

Edited by AnanoKimi

Going to my cousins' house and eating all their food. We had a firework injury last year so probably won't be participating in that tradition tonight. Tbh I'm more excited that it's my cat's first birthday than the fact that it's Independence Day. Happy birthday America and happy birthday Cleo.

TBH, I'm hoping for rain (it was trying to earlier) to drown out all the idiots that would be firing off illegal fireworks otherwise (only those with permits are allowed to use them...and only in designated areas). Hell, they've been firing them off for the last few days! We are in drought conditions and fire risk is high...but they don't care. Not to mention the hazard those things are for helicopters and even airplanes.

Unfortunately there are so many people that set these things off on the 4th that it's impossible to enforce anyway. Catch one...a half dozen others in the neighborhood down the street keeping going.

I'm doing absolutely nothing social irl, like every day. \o/

I'll just be sitting here, drawing and listening to music. Luckily this neighbourhood isn't too loud fireworks-wise.

My daughter just informed me that due to extreme exposure of the flag on the moon to space and solar winds, it has completely faded to white.

I can just see it now: An alien ship cruises slowly towards Earth, and spots the flag on the moon. The message is clear: WELCOME TO EARTH - WE SURRENDER!!

ROFL!!!

biggrin.giflaugh.gifxd.png