Ansela Jonla

Xenowyrm breeding plans

I see you have an odd one too, also bred to a metal , well copper

Was your cb gold female also?

no it was male, my gold female refused the coast male

a bit bummed as i was planning Coast x gold lineages xd.png

Edited by djengis

I really hope there is some logic to this. The gemshards are enough of a pain with 2/3 chance of miscoloring, along with the nebulas' 1/2 chance.

With Xenowyrms being random, it'd be even worse with 5/6.

No fun for breeding projects. sad.gif

So I tested a Male Astrapi with a female silver from the alpine and got another astrapi

Edited by Daydreamer09

To be fair, this is a lot better than Gemshards and Nebulae. You know which colour it's going to be as soon as the egg is produced; you don't need to wait until it hatches or genders.

They seem to breed true much more often than throwing a different type. I hope so! But mostly I'm thrilled that they do breed 'normally' (with the majority of DC breeds so far) and that they can produce others of their kind. It doesn't seem to be colour-based. Unless there's another condition, it also doesn't seem to be biome-based (like with the coppers, it was that the copper must be male for the biome to be a factor).

If that's possible (and the trend is still there when more people have bred theirs), maybe it's random with a bit of weighting toward the parent's type?

Birdz says in the news thread that there is a pattern to it, so now we just have to figure it out! Mine don't grow up for a few hours yet and I am egg-locked anyway, so hopefully lots of other people are able to breed and test this!

I really hope there is some logic to this. The gemshards are enough of a pain with 2/3 chance of miscoloring, along with the nebulas' 1/2 chance.

So I tested a Male Astrapi with a female silver from the alpine and got another astrapi

Well, Birdz did say that "there is method to the madness", which hints at a pattern.

Maybe it has to do with the habitat of the female, just like copper breeding. smile.gif

I just bred a Mageia with a Spessartine.

It is beautiful.

It is very beautiful! biggrin.gif I already have that pairing earmarked to do as part of a rainbow lineage I started YONKS ago and never finished because too few orange and red dragons then. I don't have that excuse these days. smile.gif

sadly they dont breed true.

I bred a coast with a cb gold and got a mageia egg

the gold was from the volcano

so its gonna need some figuring out how this works  xd.png

Gold's affinity is Earth, Mageia come from Desert, earth=desert? We need more data. I will breed all of mine as soon as they grow up. Can you post the lineage (or a picture of it)?

Edited by The_Bucket

Gold's affinity is Earth, Mageia come from Desert, earth=desert? We need more data. I will breed all of mine as soon as they grow up. Can you post the lineage (or a picture of it)?

But if that'd be the case, the Pyro x Copper bred by Ultra should have had the same result, but instead produced astrapi. Coppers are also earth affinity.

Edited by Daydreamer09

We only have two Wyrms that didn't breed true. Both of these "moved one habitat to the right", if you consider the habitats as shown on the Cave site, right?

expected coast -> desert

expected volcano -> Alpine (as there is nothing to the right, it just goes back to the start).

Currently just guesswork, though.

edit: Just saw Jazeki's post - it fits, too: expected jungle moved up to volcano.

Still don't know why, though.

Edited by Fly-by-Night

I posted this in the June Release thread, but it might be better here:

Based on what I've seen in the threads so far:

breedable dragon male x new egg female = breedable dragon egg

Exception:

Dragons from same binome

breedable dragon male x new egg female = new egg

GoN x new egg = new egg

limited- breedable male x new egg female = new egg

e.g. Christmas, etc. probably true if sex is reversed

male new egg x breedable dragon egg = new egg

male new egg x female new egg = new egg

Male seasonal (out of season) x new egg female =new egg

The patterns I see from extremely limited data is

Breed of male takes precedence, unless dragons are from the same binome or one is either a GoN or an limited breedable or a male Seasonal (out of season).

New eggs can be either the parent or any variety of June release dragon.