DragonKami

Lost Family Members

This thread is for people who have lost a family member or will lose one soon and wants to talk about it.

Well I have to go now so I'll give you the basic facts of my story. My father's Livers have failed from a disease, and now on medication he has five to ten years left to live.. None of his children including me can transplant because he wouldn't let us do something like that but he has a rare blood type and I'm not sure I have have his blood type. So... Trying to keep positive..

My uncle died in 2013 in December from brain cancer. It was really tragic because my dad couldn't get there in time to see my uncle and he died the same day my dad arrived from the airport. My uncle was in Guatemala and well it was a long trip and it was just heart breaking because my dad tried so hard to get the money to get there in time and he had just barely missed him. He tried to go see him almost as soon as he got off the plane but once there was told my uncle was having an issue and while waiting for the hospital to call for the okay to see him my uncle died.

My dad called us and he sounded so heartbroken and just so out of it. My heart hurt because I wasn't able to accompany him and though he was with his family (my other uncle and his nephews and my aunt) I can only imagine how much he needed to have someone much closer by his side. it was a sad December and it was just so sad to have that happen.

Funny thing tho that the day my dad called us telling us my uncle died before getting to see him, I was in the livingroom with my mom. After the news we started crying a bit cuz well it was so tragic to hear him say he couldnt say goodbye to his brother properly. Thing is as we're crying and lamenting what happened my freaking mom pulls out her phone and starts playing candy crush while crying.

So all I hear is "Oh your dad must be so heart broken *Delicious~!* and so sad right now... *sweet~!* *sniffles and sobs a bit more* Oh I feel so bad for him *sweet~!* for being all alone and just *delicious~!* I wish we could be there for him..." This went on for a few minutes and I just stared at her with tears in my eyes wondering if I should cry or laugh because oh goodness...

My Grandpa died from cancer when I was 7, and my cousin's mom was killed in a drunk driving accident several years ago. My sister's best friend also died from cancer. My great-grandma died last may from old age.

My father died in a motorcycle accident when I was 14.

That's too bad. I'm sorry about that. Mine almost died in that kind of accident when I was 8 and I'm grateful every day that he's still alive. wub.gif

My grandpa who lived in Greece died four years ago. My sister and I never met him and never got to know what he looked like because he lived there since before we were born, but he'd call us from time to time and we miss that a lot sometimes. sad.gif And I know it's not family, but it felt that way. My classmate died in school when she was 13, she just fell on the floor and someone found her lying dead in the school halls. Nobody knows why. user posted image

Oh God, do I really want to post here and bring up all these emotions?

My grandpa died when I was 15. We were very, very close, he was like a second father to me. He had been in a nursing home with declining health for awhile at that point. He died on Easter, while my mom and I were out at a restaurant. To this day I have a very, very hard time on Easter, and I still feel a bit of guilt that I was out having fun and not with him when he died. Also, there's this bit of drama that I didn't know about until years later, that apparently my mom's siblings had banded together and decided to take grandpa off his meds, which.... I just can't even wrap my head around that.

My dad was an alcoholic, and died of liver disease in 2007. We had a very strained relationship after him and my mom split up when I was 13... There were a *lot* of broken promises, dad planning a trip to see me and spend time together and then it never happened, over and over. I finally cut off all contact with him for awhile, sick of being let down every single time. It was something I needed to do, for my own well-being, but now that he's gone I would do *anything* to go back and have that extra time with him.

I've lost an uncle to drug abuse, but I've never known him that well, only that that he's my mom's brother. I believe I met him when I was young, although my parents only told me about the incident when I turned 15 years old.

My mom's foster parents passed a while ago, they were like my real grandparents to me, always treating me well each time we went to visit them. My foster grandpa passed a few years after my foster grandma did, from alcohol abuse. The last time I saw him was a week before he died and he was all skin and bones, yet he refused to eat and just drank liquor. I've never seen my mom cry so much as when we were at his funeral, it was extremely depressing.