TJ09

2015-06-27 - June Release

Oh.. I did not expect them to all have unique sprites.

This is fantastic.

The Gaia Xenowyrm is the original babbu that started the snowball of creation of all the other babbus. I was so enthralled with how it turned out that I was like, "What would it be like if I just. Made more. Omg." And that's how that train of thought went.

Naw, I'm pretty sure the train of thought was more like this.

"Their beautiful yellow scutes are reflective and smooth like glass, making them very valuable to collectors." Does this mean Mageia or others might be rarer to hunt down than other Xenowyrms? / There's also this line in the Chrono description: "Chronos are often considered to be the most elusive of all Xenowyrm subspecies: they live in the darkest and densest forests, far from civilization."

Flavor text for species lore building. Nothing more. All Xenowyrm subspecies are the same rarity in-game.

@ Pie-- WELL, YES, THAT TOO.

"Their beautiful yellow scutes are reflective and smooth like glass, making them very valuable to collectors." Does this mean Mageia or others might be rarer to hunt down than other Xenowyrms? / There's also this line in the Chrono description: "Chronos are often considered to be the most elusive of all Xenowyrm subspecies: they live in the darkest and densest forests, far from civilization." 

Flavor text for species lore building. Nothing more. All Xenowyrm subspecies are the same rarity in-game.

@ Pie-- WELL, YES, THAT TOO.

Thank you for confirming! I thought so. happy.gif

Edited by Tehya Faye

I traded for a June egg from the Alpine, so I finally have one June egg. At least now I can celebrate with the rest of you. :-)

I've been trying and trying to catch one all day. Of course it's my own fault for missing the release, but I was just so busy over the weekend, and didn't think about it until today. I need to be more on top of this, but real life tends to take over.

*logs on* *sees adults* SQUEEEEE!! *falls out of chair*

The Thalassas and Chronos are still my favorites, but the Gaias have started to grow on me~ *shot* And the Mageia (Mageii?) make me wish Shallow Waters could be CB.

Thankyouthankyouthankyou again TJ and birdz (if I can call you that? c:)!!

Birdz, do you have a favorite snek babbu?

Yeah, I'm a bad mother and have a favourite babbu. My fav one is the Gaia. It has a special place in my heart.

Thankyouthankyouthankyou again TJ and birdz (if I can call you that? c:)!!

I don't mind anyone calling me birdz! XD Go for it!

Thank you SO much for the stunning sprites, birdz!

But these MUST be Common, not just for the few! The mana must be for the many! (Seriously, there could be [quiet?] riots!) laugh.gif

Been looking in the cave. Has anyone seen anymore than just a few drop?

I totally missed this release....and it doesn't appear any are dropping in the cave any more...is this true?

Thank you SO much for the stunning sprites, birdz!

But these MUST be Common, not just for the few! The mana must be for the many! (Seriously, there could be [quiet?] riots!)  laugh.gif

Definitely - these need to be plentiful lest the few get overwhelmed by all the love! xd.png

Edited by Tehya Faye

Been looking in the cave. Has anyone seen anymore than just a few drop?

I gather that only the fastest can see them right now, but the last I heard, theyre there, just bunged up with uber-Commons and snatched as soon as they appear too quickly for any but the fastest refreshes to see.

I totally missed this release....and it doesn't appear any are dropping in the cave any more...is this true?

No, they're there. Just get snatched up very quickly. I've seen some, but haven't caught more yet.

They are still there.

I just grabbed a desert egg to complete my breeding pairs, right as my internet disconnected too.Talk about a frustrating moment waiting to see if I actually got it...aghhh

Now I need to go help my daughter get the last two she needs from the volcano. I think that is going to be a lot harder, so many more people there!

Oh and I'm on a 7 yr old computer with cruddy connection, so some of it is a matter of luck and persistence.

Edited by Tawanda001

Gah... hunting has been good, but I missed a brine egg because I was full up. A BRINE EGG. *sobs* censorkip.gif

They are still there.

I just grabbed a desert egg to complete my breeding pairs, right as my internet disconnected too.Talk about a frustrating moment waiting to see if I actually got it...aghhh

Now I need to go help my daughter get the last two she needs from the volcano. I think that is going to be a lot harder, so many more people there!

If they're still around after such a long flood, I am hopeful that means they'll be relatively easy to get once the numbers stabilize. At least, that's the hope I am going to cling to!

Thank you to TJ09 and the artists involved. This breed is a particular new favorite of mine.

My next egg won't be hatching for another 5 hours, so I'll probably go to bed early-ish and try to get another Xenowyrm egg tomorrow. Probably gonna try for another Gaia - they're so pretty. <3

Thank you, birdz! All lovely, there's a lot of hard work gone into these.

Very impressed!

If they're still around after such a long flood, I am hopeful that means they'll be relatively easy to get once the numbers stabilize. At least, that's the hope I am going to cling to!

Dunno, of course, but I suspect that it's likely more a question of catching a moment when the scroll spaces of the fastest people are full up than of the New Release dragon numbers stabilizing.

They very likely are in a Common range, or they'd be not Dropping at all by now, lol.

Too bad we couldn't have had a week's Flooding of them, followed by uber-Common status, though, just to take the edge off a bit! laugh.gif