TJ09

2015-06-27 - June Release

I just had to, it had DJ in the code. .u.

Quick! Grab your Chronos glowsticks! He's about to play

Wow, I really, really like the Thalassas (pink, coast) and the Chronos (dark, forest).

Absolutely breath-takingly beautiful dragons! Thanks so much for these beauties!

All the positivity is fantastic which has made this release one of my favorite, on top of the fact that the sprites are friggin' gorgeous. *hugs everyone*. I keep going to the front page to look at these adults smile.gif Still Gaia being my favorite. I think I might be a follower to the Gaia....*runs, hides, hoards*.

Edit: *Fine it is a dream, only a dream! sad.gif but to keep the positive vibes going dreams are possible!!*

Edited by shovedtbh

^ They're no longer dropping en masse

Quick! Grab your Chronos glowsticks! He's about to play

Hmmm, I need to make an animation with a huge rave, all these guys are rocking out to Sandstorm, the Chronos are using their lightning to make flashes, Gaia are using sweet smelling flowers and stuff, and it's just is big party... Yasss, I can see it now.

LOOK AT ALL OF THESE SNEKS

I've been super busy with real life lately (haven't even had time for my own breeding project >.<) but luckily I was able to catch a pair of each kind. Thanks a ton to Birdz and TJ for these amazing dragons! biggrin.gif I'm definitely going to hoard them (especially the Chronos).

Q: How do the wyrms feel about humans? Are we food/company/annoying little sacks of meat to them or what?

EDIT: Ah, question ninja'd! XP Sorry, just ignore me.

Edited by Avarule

Hmmm, I need to make an animation with a huge rave, all these guys are rocking out to Sandstorm, the Chronos are using their lightning to make flashes, Gaia are using sweet smelling flowers and stuff, and it's just is big party... Yasss, I can see it now.

Yes yesssss, dragon bar! Make it a reality, that would be amazing.

The fact that the Chrono variation grows flowers is just so flipping cute.

Does the type of flower vary from Chrono to Chrono, or is it just generic flowers blooming? That'd probably make more sense (cause flowers made out of mana probs aren't specific species), but still.

And beyond that- if the flowers do vary, do they vary based on intensity of emotion, the breed the emotion is directed towards, the specific dragon it's directed towards?

edit: also, does the intensity of the emotion affect the size of the flowers? biggrin.gif

Edited by gotw3

Do these flowery growths make the Chronos smell better to potential suitors? If so do male Chronos' flowers produce any specific scents, such as super-manly-man Old Spice-like pheromones?

W-well. I'd assume they have a nice fragrance, seeing as though they're flowers, but it's probably how glowy and elegant they look that makes them more appealing.

How do the wyrms feel about humans? Are we food/company/annoying little sacks of meat to them or what?

I answered a question similar to this not but a little bit ago:

How are their relations with humans (not so much official, just your head cannons.)

Depends for each subspecies. Thalassas and Gaias probably would get along most with humans.

Hopefully that helps. c: Anything further would more than likely be elaborated upon in the Encyclopedia entries.

Garlands and Glowsticks, and pebbles they can throw at their haters! Yeah it's gonna be tight smile.gif lol.

I imagine Gaias would get along with Whites. ^^ Assuming Whites make sure they don't kill their food, anyway.

Edited by Tehya Faye

I imagine Gaias would get along with Whites. ^^ Assuming Whites make sure they don't kill their food, anyway.

...oooh, that would make an absolutely lovely lineage. I'm deffo doing that.

Wait, can the orange ones preform the Teleport BSA? ohmy.gif

Grow hatchies, grow! I gotta know this!

Does the type of flower vary from Chrono to Chrono, or is it just generic flowers blooming?

They can bloom a variety of flowers, but they'd always be white. The sprite itself actually has two different kinds of flowers-- the tiny flowers all over its body are different from the bell-like flowers that are on the end of its tail.

And beyond that- if the flowers do vary, do they vary based on intensity of emotion, the breed the emotion is directed towards, the specific dragon it's directed towards?

I'd think it more of a "what kind of flower would be most appealing to this mate?" situation. They'd probably do their best to guess what the other dragon likes and impress them that way, but really, growing flowers all over oneself is already probably impressive enough as it is, lmao.

Which Xenowyrm did you come up with first?

YES. I WAS WAITING FOR THIS QUESTION. I made the Gaia first! The Gaia Xenowyrm is the original babbu that started the snowball of creation of all the other babbus. I was so enthralled with how it turned out that I was like, "What would it be like if I just. Made more. Omg." And that's how that train of thought went.

Thalassas Xenos are growing on me now too. I like the color combination, it reminds me of cotton candy smile.gif

*screams* I love them so much. Birdz, you've outdone yourself. They're amazing OuO I must have a billion.

Question, at the end of the Mageia's adult desc:

"Their beautiful yellow scutes are reflective and smooth like glass, making them very valuable to collectors." Does this mean Mageia or others might be rarer to hunt down than other Xenowyrms?

Just waiting on my Pyro to gender. The Chrono will take a while since I grabbed that egg later.

Edit: There's also this line in the Chrono description: "Chronos are often considered to be the most elusive of all Xenowyrm subspecies: they live in the darkest and densest forests, far from civilization."

I'm not sure if that will be indicative of their actual ingame rarity, though.

Edited by Tehya Faye