TJ09

2015-06-27 - June Release

good god these are gorgeous. i'm super glad i managed to snag one of each!! i think the pyros is maybe the least impressive to me, but it still looks super awesome. i'm caught between chronos and thalassas being my favorites. i wonder what kind of lineages i can build with these!!

reserved: Xena the Princess Wyrm

now I just need to decide which one I want to give that name xd.png

I have to say while I have almost always enjoyed the new sprites added, these new ones honestly made me gasp at how beautiful they are. Well done Birdz, I would hug you if I could for the pure joy of these.

THEY'RE SO FREAKIN' BEAUTIFUL!!! I LOVE THEM, OMG!

This has been the breed I liked the most from this year!!!!!! wub.gif

A piece of information being concealed until the encyclopedia entry comes out? Couldn't you at least hint what type of food the Gaias eat? *puppy dog eyes* Because, carnivorous doesn't sound right for a life/plant creature, yet destroying the vegetation for food... or do they survive via photosynthesis?

Yeah, sorry! I want to keep it more vague until I have the chance to make all their Encyclopedia entries. vwv"

I like how they kinda look like a serpent. It reminds me of a chinese dragon.

*throws hands up* You know what? I can't pick a favorite, all of them are gorgeous and shiny and igottahoardemall. ✨

Hopefully it won't be ridiculously hard to collect these guys. They're all so cool! ❤

reserved: Xena the Princess Wyrm

now I just need to decide which one I want to give that name xd.png

If you have a female Pyro then that would likely be the most appropriate as they look the most similar to her armor.

But if they're not commons then I won't be able to collect any more than the ones I have right now. They'll be hard to breed, too. Idk why anyone wouldn't want these wonderful guys to be common. It's not like having them be common will make them less cool or collectable.

Also people are *already* complaining they can't get any of them, and they're still (apparently?) being seen in biomes. What do you think will happen if they go rare or even uncommon? Even more complaining, of course. I'd rather a species be common as dirt so everyone can have a bunch than it become rare or even uncommon and people get annoyed or bitter that they can't even have a breeding pair.

Please don't tease me like this

I can hoard Pyros for incubate?

Yes please

Because we need more reasons to hoard these beauties. *nodnod*

I just figured that it would make sense with them being magical. And giving some of them BSAs that already exist made more sense than creating six new BSAs.

Yeah, sorry! I want to keep it more vague until I have the chance to make all their Encyclopedia entries. vwv"

Too bad... though I'd agree with your Photosynthesis hypothesis for the Gaias.

They are green enough to have chlorphyll, surely...

I have a question...

The mageia are already stated to be 'incredibly wise', but how about the others? Do they all vary? If you put one of each all together in a room would they get along?

That's three questions sorry not sorry

Edited by rampaging wyvern

So Birdz...how do they breed...even though I just want to love them and stuff them together in pairs xd.png

IT'S A SECRET TO EVERYBODY.

They breed in balls, like their tiny snek friends. xd.png

Maybe Gaia's eat invasive species of both plants and animals that would throw off the ecosystem of their home Jungles, if left unchecked.

Yes, is it possible you sprited 12 varieties, one for each type of mana, and that we'd be able to breed the other 6?

I would be dead if there were 12 of them. (Really, TJ might have killed me. nahjk)

I hope he wouldn't kill you over that...xd.png

Are there 6 more pretties a waiting us in a future release?

After getting over the shock of the knock-out punch you delivered with these guys, I was wondering. Were they inspired after the Chirstmas and Valentine's events with the mana stones? I can't help but see a resemblance. Especially with the whole mana theme.

Ahaha, not really, but helping head the Christmas event was a great way to gain more knowledge on how mana works in DC. The mana theme just came from me liking the mana theme. If the material to build off of is there (i.e: the mana lore), why not take advantage of it? 8D

Hah, why not indeed? Looks like a total win for everyone here. happy.gif I'm really going to enjoy hoarding these lovelies. So many amazing lineages, I don't know where to start. Thank you for these dragons. I haven't been this excited in the cave since I summoned my first GoN.

So Chrono's can create lag?

Yes. THE LAGMONSTER IS REAL. Hide your scrolls.

So that explains why there's an hourly lag. j/k laugh.gif

Maybe Gaia's eat invasive species of both plants and animals that would throw off the ecosystem of their home Jungles, if left unchecked.

Oooooh, I really really like that xd.png Or they do the same to any species threatening to overtake the jungle, even if it belongs. Keeping everything in balance and all that.

these are all so beautiful! my one complaint is that the astrapi's neck/chest region seems flat to me, i don't understand how it curves. but wow, i love every sprite!

Whoops forgot to post this sooner. Made with birb's permission!

user posted image

I can't let this post go away. Look at it everyone, revel in it's glory.

How did you choose each magic type? Why not ice, or earth?

Sort of like Shulk. You know, from Xenoblade.

:3

I'm really feeling it ;)

do u 2 wanna go let's go i'll fite u

nah jk

The mageia are already stated to be 'incredibly wise', but how about the others? Do they all vary?

Yeah, they all vary, though none of them are inherently "stupid." You've just got varying degrees of intelligence. Some of them are stronger (i.e: Pyros) and some of them are smarter (i.e: Mageia).

On a scale of intelligence, I'd probably put them at this:

Mageia > Chrono/Gaia > Thalassa > Astrapi/Pyro.

If you put one of each all together in a room would they get along?

Rofl, put an Astrapi in a room with a Pyro alone and see how well that goes.

The Astrapis/Pyros would probably have a harder time getting along with anything than the others would. Especially the Gaias, they're pretty much benevolent sweethearts.

AAAAAAAHHHHHH YEEEEEES these wyrms are beautiful, thanks Birdz!

.... Hahaha. Pyro magewyrms. Teeehee.