TJ09

2015-06-27 - June Release

Whoops forgot to post this sooner. Made with birb's permission!

user posted image

I love this things so much ;w;

They need to be common so people can actually get and enjoy them. Otherwise user demand will just drive them all extinct.

Whoops forgot to post this sooner. Made with birb's permission!

user posted image

This is the best thing ever.

Are the names you listed in your post all the singular form?

Yep. Well, you can call them "Thalassa Xenowyrm(s)" or also shorten it to "Thalassas," "Gaias," "Chronos," etc.

How did you come up with each individual name? O:

Names that fit the elements as close as possible, save for Gaia, which means more of "earth" than it does "life." I didn't like the actual name for Life, so I went with Gaia. It fits enough because they have plants all over them, too... They follow a Greek theme.

So Chrono's can create lag?

Yes. THE LAGMONSTER IS REAL. Hide your scrolls.

After getting over the shock of the knock-out punch you delivered with these guys, I was wondering. Were they inspired after the Chirstmas and Valentine's events with the mana stones? I can't help but see a resemblance. Especially with the whole mana theme.

Ahaha, not really, but helping head the Christmas event was a great way to gain more knowledge on how mana works in DC. The mana theme just came from me liking the mana theme. If the material to build off of is there (i.e: the mana lore), why not take advantage of it? 8D

Edited by birdzgoboom

These are so freakin' beautiful it should be illegal. xd.png

I'm wondering if each subspecies is going to have a different BSA since they're all aligned with different types of magic. Magiea could have Teleport, Pyro could have Incubate, etc. That would be pretty neat.

But if they're not commons then I won't be able to collect any more than the ones I have right now. They'll be hard to breed, too. Idk why anyone wouldn't want these wonderful guys to be common. It's not like having them be common will make them less cool or collectable.

Thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis.

user posted image

XENOWYRMS

Yeaaahhh, Wyrms! And not just one, but six. Well, I guess they count as one, kind of, since they're all Xenowyrms-- ehh whatever, they're all wildly different enough from each other. SIX.

Astrapi Xenowyrms are aligned with Lightning. They're...spiky. And pointy. And kind of mean.

But they mean well, really, they don't generally be mean just for the sake of it (usually).

Thalassa Xenowyrms are aligned with Water. They have thick frills and are squishy like sponges.

They also have gills, as can probably be seen in the sprite!

Mageia Xenowyrms are aligned with Magi (shocking, right?). They're super smooth and reflective.

Incredibly wise, don't like dealing with too much stupidity, but do like to teach those that are willing to learn.

Chrono Xenowyrms are aligned with Time. They're... also spiky. And they glow. A lot. Seriously their underbellies are super glowy.

They also have flowers that grow on their bodies that bloom and perish with their Time magic.

Gaia Xenowyrms are aligned with Life. They're more matte and smooth in a way more like wood that's been stripped of bark.

They have frills that are made of something akin to the wings of a bug, but they are not wings.

Pyro Xenowyrms are aligned with t3h ph1r3 Fire. They have a temper. But they're also super toasty and probably make great night lights,

since they have lots of little glowing spots all over them.

Each of their adult descriptions vary, so be sure to read those if you wanna know some neat info on each different Xenowyrm subspecies!

If you have questions about them, feel free to ask me here in the thread.

I'll do my best to answer you all, but there will be info retained until the Encyclopedia entries are available (I'll make sure to let you know if I can answer your question or not).

I'll copy/paste any Q&A stuff in this post as it comes along, so all of the questions and answers could be found here as well...

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the Xenowyrms! I'm so stoked to see them in cave!

Q&A About the Xenowyrms

What's the reason behind the name "Xenowyrm"?

The reason behind the name is because of how old the species itself is. The Xenos are from a realllyyy freaking long time ago, which, if you look at say, a map of today compared to a map of what probably was the earth millions of years ago, it looks like a pretty foreign planet, no?

ALSO I WAS JUST REALLY FEELING THE NAME XENOWYRM.

Yep. Well, you can call them "Thalassa Xenowyrm(s)" or also shorten it to "Thalassas," "Gaias," "Chronos," etc.

How did you come up with each individual name? O:

Names that fit the elements as close as possible, save for Gaia, which means more of "earth" than it does "life." I didn't like the actual name for Life, so I went with Gaia. It fits enough because they have plants all over them, too...

After getting over the shock of the knock-out punch you delivered with these guys, I was wondering. Were they inspired after the Chirstmas and Valentine's events with the mana stones? I can't help but see a resemblance. Especially with the whole mana theme.

Ahaha, not really, but helping head the Christmas event was a great way to gain more knowledge on how mana works in DC. The mana theme just came from me liking the mana theme. If the material to build off of is there (i.e: the mana lore), why not take advantage of it? 8D

Wow these are fantastic!!! I know which ones im going to attempt to hoard.. ALL of them!!! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Have much thank you! biggrin.gif *piles thanks on you*

*...also for the sprites*

*nosebleed*

So Birdz...how do they breed...even though I just want to love them and stuff them together in pairs xd.png

What a release! They're wonderful!

Thanks for these new species biggrin.gif

These are so freakin' beautiful it should be illegal. xd.png

I'm wondering if each subspecies is going to have a different BSA since they're all aligned with different types of magic. Magiea could have Teleport, Pyro could have Incubate, etc. That would be pretty neat.

Please don't tease me like this

I can hoard Pyros for incubate?

Yes please

I love that they have such big heads. There needs to be moar dragons with giant, dinosaur skulls in cave like this =p

Yes, is it possible you sprited 12 varieties, one for each type of mana, and that we'd be able to breed the other 6? wink.gif

ohmy.gif Oh noes! *runs* Wait, that means I can collect lagmonster cousins? *runs to forest*

The real reason for this post though,

I can just imagine the confusion that will arise when someone accidentally misses out the second 'p' in 'pyropes' xd.png

But if they're not commons then I won't be able to collect any more than the ones I have right now. They'll be hard to breed, too. Idk why anyone wouldn't want these wonderful guys to be common. It's not like having them be common will make them less cool or collectable.

Exactly how I feel. We don't need another rarity copy of Spessartines, Almandines, and Coppers. Needless to say we don't need SIX copies!

Birdz, how large are these babs? What do they eat?

They're pretty gigantic. Seeing as though they stem from what I'd like to think of a more prehistoric species, I would bet they're pretty darn large compared to a lot of other dragons (another reason why they have some pretty big sprites). EDIT: Oh, they all have different diets.

So Birdz...how do they breed...even though I just want to love them and stuff them together in pairs XD

IT'S A SECRET TO EVERYBODY.

Yes, is it possible you sprited 12 varieties, one for each type of mana, and that we'd be able to breed the other 6?

I would be dead if there were 12 of them. (Really, TJ might have killed me. nahjk)

Also, @ Pie-- every time I see your Xenowyrm Hype Train, I die. I love it so much you don't understand omg.

Edited by birdzgoboom

O.o OMW! That is HILARIOUS. LOL!

Now we know the truth.... it was the Chronos Xenowyrms all along. XDDDDDDD

In all seriousness, these are LOVELY and I can't wait for mine to be all grown up!

Edited by Silverswift

I can't stop saying things out loud. "GORGEOUS!" "OH MY GOD THEY ARE BEAUTIFUL!" "OH GOODNESS!" just over and over and over. I really have no other reactions yet, I'm still trying to get past OMG!

Birdz you are freaking awesome.

Also, @ Pie-- every time I see your Xenowyrm Hype Train, I die. I love it so much you don't understand omg.

I'm glad I was able to duplicate the effect your epic sprites have on me <3

I love these. The Chronos are my favorite, but it's extremely close and really I just love all of them.

*looks at adults*

...I need like 100 of each pls.

And my sig has finally become reality! \o\ /o/ \o/ *scurries off to collect more Chronos*

EDIT: Oh, they all have different diets.

A piece of information being concealed until the encyclopedia entry comes out? Couldn't you at least hint what type of food the Gaias eat? *puppy dog eyes* Because, carnivorous doesn't sound right for a life/plant creature, yet destroying the vegetation for food... or do they survive via photosynthesis?