TJ09

2015-06-27 - June Release

oh my gosh they're all so amazing and cool looking

I'm so glad all the adult sprites are different- that really motivates people to collect them all. Recolors would've been way less awesome.

Just one more hatchling left to go before they're all wonderful adults. :3 Thanks birdz for the wonderful addition to the cave! I shall prioritize getting all that I need, and hopefully that doesn't prove too challenging.

Birdz, I have a question.

After getting over the shock of the knock-out punch you delivered with these guys, I was wondering. Were they inspired after the Chirstmas and Valentine's events with the mana stones? I can't help but see a resemblance. Especially with the whole mana theme.

Also side note: the Chronos are officially my favs. Because I love their color and they glow. wub.gif

So Chrono's can create lag?

Perhaps the ancient creature they descended from is the Lagmonster. Think about it, they're both long and have less limbs than usual. tongue.gif

user posted image

XENOWYRMS

Yeaaahhh, Wyrms! And not just one, but six. Well, I guess they count as one, kind of, since they're all Xenowyrms-- ehh whatever, they're all wildly different enough from each other. SIX.

Astrapi Xenowyrms are aligned with Lightning. They're...spiky. And pointy. And kind of mean.

But they mean well, really, they don't generally be mean just for the sake of it (usually).

Thalassa Xenowyrms are aligned with Water. They have thick frills and are squishy like sponges.

They also have gills, as can probably be seen in the sprite!

Mageia Xenowyrms are aligned with Magi (shocking, right?). They're super smooth and reflective.

Incredibly wise, don't like dealing with too much stupidity, but do like to teach those that are willing to learn.

Chrono Xenowyrms are aligned with Time. They're... also spiky. And they glow. A lot. Seriously their underbellies are super glowy.

They also have flowers that grow on their bodies that bloom and perish with their Time magic.

Gaia Xenowyrms are aligned with Life. They're more matte and smooth in a way more like wood that's been stripped of bark.

They have frills that are made of something akin to the wings of a bug, but they are not wings.

Pyro Xenowyrms are aligned with t3h ph1r3 Fire. They have a temper. But they're also super toasty and probably make great night lights,

since they have lots of little glowing spots all over them.

Each of their adult descriptions vary, so be sure to read those if you wanna know some neat info on each different Xenowyrm subspecies!

If you have questions about them, feel free to ask me here in the thread.

I'll do my best to answer you all, but there will be info retained until the Encyclopedia entries are available (I'll make sure to let you know if I can answer your question or not).

I'll copy/paste any Q&A stuff in this post as it comes along, so all of the questions and answers could be found here as well...

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the Xenowyrms! I'm so stoked to see them in cave!

So the amazingness doesn't get buried <3

I have a pair of the desert ones, influenced to be a mated pair.

I also have one of each from the other biomes.

Hmm, I bet the desert variant would look okay next to a magi, due to their orange colouration.

Welp 3 more years until I'll be able to grab some from the cave with everyone's mad dash to hoard them. :/

I wanna hoard them too.... *whine*

But seriously I want all the things. All of them.

Although wouldn't it be fun if they bred alts like the stripes depending on what element the other parent has? That means there could technically be 6 more varieties! wink.gif

Imagine THAT breeding nightmare hahahahaha.

The reason behind the name is because of how old the species itself is. The Xenos are from a realllyyy freaking long time ago, which, if you look at say, a map of today compared to a map of what probably was the earth millions of years ago, it looks like a pretty foreign planet, no?

Anyway, that was the main reason behind the name.

ALSO THEY'RE NAMED THAT BECAUSE I WAS JUST REALLY FEELING THE SOUND OF XENOWYRM.

Make no mistake, I like the sound of Xenowyrm too =) X is such an unappreciated letter for how cool it sounds.

Would the Xenos be considered a true 'dragon', in that case? Or are they sort of like wyverns and drakes in that they're like a close cousin or relative. I don't know much about how wyrms are classified in popular culture, lol.

Sounds like these guys could predate the evolution of dragons.

Welp, I made the mistake of only grabbing one variety and then having a MIGHTY NEED for the rest of them when I saw the adults.

That's not a bad thing though, these are some PRETTY GORGEOUS WYRMS. I love them. :3c

WOW!!!!!!

Stunning, every single one!

Congratz, Birdz, they are all so beautiful, even the pink one! xd.png And thank you, TJ, for adding these beauties to the Cave! biggrin.gif

And, TLQ, do the Mageia teleport?

Due to their knowledge of the magi element, they are able to cast a variety of magics, including teleportation.
rolleyes.gif

Whoops forgot to post this sooner. Made with birb's permission!

user posted image

But... These were never public xd.png

o_O I could swear I recognise at least two of them...

ehh maybe I'm just

really feeling it

At this rate I think I'll only be able to get one breeding pair of each color instead of two like I usually do. There are so many but they're all so great! I think these will keep me busy for a long long while.

*prays for the opposite*

But if they're not commons then I won't be able to collect any more than the ones I have right now. They'll be hard to breed, too. Idk why anyone wouldn't want these wonderful guys to be common. It's not like having them be common will make them less cool or collectable.

Whoops forgot to post this sooner. Made with birb's permission!

user posted image

Amazing

Just amazing

so amazing I had to share again

Edited by Areous

Wow. I love all the adults - they are fantastic.