TJ09

2015-06-27 - June Release

They are still dropping? blink.gif I thought they had stopped!

Yes they are still dropping (rarely) but they are grabbed so fast you hardly know they were there anyway..

I think they drop more than just rarely. It's just that they vanish so fast. Back during the flooding people kept posting "no eggs at :05" or whatnot, which was simply not true - the eggs were just gone before some people saw them. That's what's happening now. They ARE still dropping, they're even dropping fairly often - I've seen several - but they go so insanely fast it's easy to mistake them for being rare or even gone.

Managed to locked myself again, time to rest my eyes and take a break.

I don't think they're dropping so scarcely that they've disappeared, they certainly don't drop every 5 minutes now but they still come around every once in awhile. On hourly I think I see around 4~5 drop in one biome?

That's just what I've been coming up with though, and I've only been hunting in two (kinda three) biomes so it's far from an accurate estimation. For example it took me FAR longer to catch, or to even see an Alpine glassy than a Jungle one.

Edited by suskekun222

Gonna have to disagree with Lurhstaap. That doesn't line up with what I've been seeing. I started hunting around four hours ago, and though I haven't caught every five-minute drop due to my connection kicking me off, my internet is fast when it's working.

As best as I can tell, there's a few of the new eggs in each biome over the span of an hour at the moment. Maybe 4-7 per biome? Can't tell if they're less rare in certain biomes because I skip around a bit.

Either way - right now they're quite hard to get, but still catchable if you're lucky or crazy quick. Hope it changes for the better eventually. I only managed half of a second set tonight and I want to complete it! ^^

ETA; suskekun222's estimation seems on-point!

Edited by DarkDagger

17 more hours... I want to see adult Squiggles already! ;A; *tippytoes impatiently in one place*

Looks like the Squiggles will grow up when I'm asleep. Oh well, nice surprise to wake up to tomorrow. wub.gif

Edited by Isuzu

Well I caught one more so now its time for me to retire for the day and wait for the adults. smile.gif

Just locked myself with AP hatchies :I That space was intended for wyrms...

Edited by KingSpinosaurus

Please put back the new release eggs into a decent amount of the mix. Its an upcoming holiday long week to weekend, and we have a lot to celebrate. Marriage Equality (rainbow of colors), all sorts of liberation celebrations and more. 7 or less slots to try and fill up 6 different egg types (much less a pair) is a lot of work.

I appreciate these beautiful eggs. Please give us a chance to at least get a pair of them before returning to straight normal. Its ok to mix, but could we have at least a few more days with a bit more of these?

Nothing personal at you in particular - but I feel very sorry for TJ - here we've had almost three days of continuous drop with no mixing in - and people still aren't happy.

I TOTALLY missed the start of it all - I was out all day; I whined in a thread and, bless people here, I even got PMs offering to help me - and I have still got pairs of the lot all by myself with no real effort at all...

As for email notifications - we DO have that news note on the main page; it doesn't take a second to check that every day. Much more reliable - if it were by email there would be people saying oh noes, my server put it in spam and I missed it.

NOTHING seems to please everyone. Nothing ever will.

Edited by fuzzbucket

I agree with fuzzbucket. Also,calm down people,they aren't rare and they will come back soon.They are just collected very aggressively at the moment.

Even more,somewhere into the first pages of this release someone quoted TJ (or just reminded what he said,I'm not sure) saying that he doesn't want to add rares to the game any soon.They would make a difference into diversity that would be to small.

They are so beautiful! I totally missed the start of it too, still trying to get my first set, trying to get one from desert and coast. Can't wait to see them all grown up!!

Gonna have to disagree with Lurhstaap. That doesn't line up with what I've been seeing. I started hunting around four hours ago, and though I haven't caught every five-minute drop due to my connection kicking me off, my internet is fast when it's working.

As best as I can tell, there's a few of the new eggs in each biome over the span of an hour at the moment. Maybe 4-7 per biome? Can't tell if they're less rare in certain biomes because I skip around a bit.

Either way - right now they're quite hard to get, but still catchable if you're lucky or crazy quick. Hope it changes for the better eventually. I only managed half of a second set tonight and I want to complete it!  ^^

ETA; suskekun222's estimation seems on-point!

That's my entire point though. Even with fast Internet, the rate of their collection is such that you are NOT going to see everything that drops. Period. It's not your Internet speed that's the issue, it's the rate at which people click on them. Many WILL be gone before you ever have a chance to see them even if you have the fastest Internet of any DC player simply because you also have to actually refresh at the right moment and that is a matter of your human ability to click at a certain rate, plus the pure luck of timing. I have seen more like 10-15 an hour just casually watching and I KNOW there are more going by I haven't seen. I don't for a minute believe that just because I saw only one of a given egg in a drop, that that was the only egg of that type in the drop. I just don't have that much faith in my own infallibility I suppose. wink.gif If others feel more omniscient, well, I envy them. xd.png

Come to think of it, I don't think it's even possible to know for sure how many eggs -total- are in a given drop, much less specific kinds. I've made guesstimates based on number of refreshes before the biome is empty, but that only works during floods and even then it only provides a minimum count because there's no way to know how many eggs may have been picked up between refreshes.

Edited by Lurhstaap

Well I'm kicking myself all over the place. I had hatchies last night and got three more eggs without a problem.

I'm up at 4.30 am for work, so without thinking they wouldn't be there today, I went to bed.

Dammit, I wish I'd stayed up now. sad.gif

Totally sulking because I'm missing an Alpine and Coast for breeding pairs, and not blaming anyone but myself.

They are just collected very aggressively at the moment.

As someone who usually doesn't have any issues seeing new releases (not necessarily catching, but seeing them on refresh)... no? They're mind-bogglingly scarce right now. That might not necessarily be anything to worry about, but it does make for extremely frustrating hunting. smile.gif

Generally, they're now behaving how I would expect a single-species all-biome release to behave about three days into the drop after being artificially flooded.

That being said, if they really do count as a single species, I have to admit I am not looking forward to the frustration they'll cause. That sort of distribution so far results in some variants being scarcer than others (see pyralspites or coppers) and the more variants there are, the more people want to collect the species, the rarer it becomes... and here we have six variants. At least they probably don't have dimorphism?

So I am currently anticipating that collecting these will be like pulling teeth.

I'd be very happy to be proven wrong, of course. biggrin.gif

(Edit: Data point for those of you keeping track: I have seen exactly one in the past hour, camping in the Desert biome. And exactly one CB silver, coincidentally. xd.png)

Edited by pinkgothic

i've only seen one today, since the flood dried up. i missed the start due to time differences and being asleep. then i only managed to catch one, due to my slow computer, but managed to get the rest a few hours later when everyone else got egglocked. unfortunately by the time they hatched, the flood had ended, and i couldn't get a second batch, even though i'd seen heaps just an hour or two earlier.

crossing my fingers they will be more common again soon, as the hatchies are so pretty, i wantz moar smile.gif

There's a lot of good stuff falling though. Ices, coppers, and the like.... Maybe tradeable for glasses later ?

Returns to seeking another CB gold xd.png

See, this just proves my point. Some of you are seeing very few or no eggs, and so you are concluding that there are just that few eggs or no to be seen. But I'm seeing way more than you guys are. Why? No idea. My computer equipment certainly isn't cutting edge and I have neurological problems pertaining to small motor control and hand-eye coordination, so I really, really don't think my clicking or refreshing is better than average. I think it's just pure dumb luck - for whatever reason I am happening to refresh at the right moment and see eggs other people don't. I'm locked, so I haven't -caught- any yet, but I've been watching for much of the night (mainly due to insomnia >.>)

This reminds me of when they were still flooding and I watched someone catch an egg, then took the laptop back when the drop ended, only to see someone post that that VERY DROP had had "no eggs". I said it then and I'll say it again - just because you didn't see them doesn't mean they aren't there.

There's a lot of good stuff falling though. Ices, coppers, and the like.... Maybe tradeable for glasses later ?

Returns to seeking another CB gold xd.png

i haven't seen any ices or coppers, or silvers or golds, but i did manage to get a paper smile.gif

i suspect there are still some of the new eggs dropping, but i just don't see them. there can't be very many. i don't even see them and miss them. i never see almandines, coppers, or golds, and very rarely silvers, but i know people catch them. and i spend way more time here than i should laugh.gif

i do have a slow connection though.

Edited by greycat

See, this just proves my point. Some of you are seeing very few or no eggs, and so you are concluding that there are just that few eggs or no to be seen. But I'm seeing way more than you guys are. Why? No idea. My computer equipment certainly isn't cutting edge and I have neurological problems pertaining to small motor control and hand-eye coordination, so I really, really don't think my clicking or refreshing is better than average. I think it's just pure dumb luck - for whatever reason I am happening to refresh at the right moment and see eggs other people don't. I'm locked, so I haven't -caught- any yet, but I've been watching for much of the night (mainly due to insomnia >.>)

I am not at all concluding there was only one in the desert biome in the last hour. I am concluding there were absurdly few in the desert biome in the last hour. See the difference in the claim? biggrin.gif

(Edit: If you want an exact estimate, I assume approximately five or ten or so (Edit IV because I noticed this is unclear: I am talking about the Desert biome with this estimate). There's an unusual amount of movement in the non-new-release eggs, which is where I'm likely to miss new releases if they're uncovered.)

Edit II: Arrrgh. Missed one in the Jungle, because, well, camping in the Desert biome and then clicking to the Jungle out of curiosity to see if I can at least see one there does that (not that I'd expect it to last the refresh, but apparently sometimes it does!). My curiosity punishes me, ahaha. xd.png

Congrats to whoever nabbed it!

Edit III: WHOO. Managed to nab the second Desert one I've seen. Yaaay my silly reflex-insta-click actually netted me something for a change. OK, I'm sedate for another seven hours now. xd.png *giggles at herself*

Edited by pinkgothic

>Misses the release

>like a boss

wink.gif

Time to get a hunting.

I've seen quite a few Ices dropping, no other rares, though.

Can't wait for my last eggs to hatch - still 10 hours to go, though. I wish they had less time left. :3

well after all my whining, i just saw, and caught, a squiggly in the jungle laugh.gif

i feel a little better now smile.gif

Edited by greycat