TJ09

2015-06-27 - June Release

Had to abandon 2 Red eggs with 6 hours left until hatching... oh well. Have a Red with 2 hours left, so I'll keep that one. After all... not like I'm gonna catch the rest anytime soon. xd.png

grargh. Kinda frustrating that I can't just grab doubles of each egg, incubate, influence, and call it a day (cause of the sheer amount of variety), but the eggs look lovely. They'll look just as lovely in two days when I have to hunt for another set. tongue.gif I hope there's no gender dimorphism, cause just. No, please.

I think they are 'scarce' because of what Sock said a bit back, this is <one breed> dropping in <all biomes> - which means, they aren't scarce, just spread out...

With the added lag, you can only view one biome at the 5 min drops, by the time you click another biome, they are gone. Patience is key biggrin.gif +fast internetz

edit added quotes cuz what i said made no sense lol xd.png;

Edited by lightningsky

Caught my first one - Forest. Oh, it looks awesome! biggrin.gif

Figured out how to catch them. Since my laptop is touch-screen as well, mouse to refresh by clicking on the biome name, and finger to catch the egg! xd.png

Yees, we are using a touch screen laptop, which helps a lot. I use CTL-F5 to refresh and my other hand to finger-click, but it's pretty much the same. smile.gif

grargh. Kinda frustrating that I can't just grab doubles of each egg, incubate, influence, and call it a day (cause of the sheer amount of variety), but the eggs look lovely. They'll look just as lovely in two days when I have to hunt for another set. tongue.gif I hope there's no gender dimorphism, cause just. No, please.

Er, why do you hope for no gender dimorphism? You'd be wanting two of each adult anyway for breeding, I'd think, so why no dimorphism?

Edited by Lurhstaap

I'm trying to sort these in a rainbow, but it's tricky without yellow to transition from orange to green xd.png.

It only says 'You expected to see some eggs, but there are none to be found', and I am refreshing for like an hour now ;; can someone explain why it's showing this all the time and others can just hunt them?

Aw man TJ's eggs still haven't hatched?

*waits*

Yees, we are using a touch screen laptop, which helps a lot. I use CTL-F5 to refresh and my other hand to finger-click, but it's pretty much the same. smile.gif

Er, why do you hope for no gender dimorphism? You'd be wanting two of each adult anyway for breeding, I'd think, so why no dimorphism?

For some reason, F5 is slower for me than just clicking on the biome name.

It only says 'You expected to see some eggs, but there are none to be found', and I am refreshing for like an hour now ;; can someone explain why it's showing this all the time and others can just hunt them?

Because they drop at specific times and other people know when to watch for them and you don't. Simple as that. Start refreshing at the hour (1:00, 2:00, etc.) and at every five minute interval (1:05, 1:10, etc.) That is when they drop. They're just going very fast because it's a popular new release. Keep trying, you'll get them!

Because they drop at specific times and other people know when to watch for them and you don't. Simple as that. Start refreshing at the hour (1:00, 2:00, etc.) and at every five minute interval (1:05, 1:10, etc.) That is when they drop. They're just going very fast because it's a popular new release. Keep trying, you'll get them!

Thanks a lot! I'll keep trying ;w;

there's drops every five minutes on the exact mark. your system could be really slow and youre missing them. The drops are only a few seconds long with the hour mark being the longest at about 10 seconds at the most, sadly that's also the biggest lag time

i been ninja'ed lol

Edited by KuroYukia

Weird. Maybe your internet isn't quick enough? It's possible, as the eggs get snatched up really quickly... maybe my laptop's clock is slightly off, but for me, the eggs come 3 consecutive refreshes after it hits the 5 minute mark or top of the hour.

Edited by The Flash

The biomes aren't that full, in comparison to other releases.

I dunno about that considering I'm seeing around 30-60+ folks lurking in each biome I'm starting to think I've been lucky to even see that there's a clutch in any given biome let alone having any and ALL chance of even grabbing one thus far.

*le gasp*

it be molten glass dragons!

the egg designs are so pretty auuuugh thank you artist(s) and TJ!

For some reason, F5 is slower for me than just clicking on the biome name.

Interesting - for me it's the other way around. I have to take the time to click the biome name and make sure the mouse is in the right spot and all, but just putting my two fingers on two buttons and pushing repeatedly goes much faster.

TJ only has two eggs of each colour, which usually suggests there is no dimorphism.

@Lurhstaap

Dimorphism, especially if it's in the mature hatchlings also, means collecting even more eggs if you're the kind of person that freezes to get all possible sprites on their scroll.

There won't be any dimorphism, judging from the number of eggs that are displayed in TJ's post. If there are more than two eggs per breed (or variant), then you can expect a different sprite for each adult (male and female). If only two, then one egg will be an adult, and the other will be a frozen hatchling. Four eggs per breed (or color variant) generally means male and female hatchlings and adults.

I dunno about that considering I'm seeing around 30-60+ folks lurking in each biome I'm starting to think I've been lucky to even see that there's a clutch in any given biome let alone having any and ALL chance of even grabbing one thus far.

I've seen much bigger numbers than that. 90+ when the Gemshards were new in the Jungle, for example.

Or the use of scripts is spreading.

Not necessarily.

I'm pretty sure a lot of people ( as well as I ) have gotten them legitimately

It just takes multiple tries.

I don't know if it's my place to give advice since I'm relatively new, but I would find out the exact second the eggs are released into the cave (I set up a timer, and for me, the eggs were released the 52nd second before a 10 or a 05. This will be different for you when you set up a timer)

Knowing that, I would only refresh when my timer approached that time.

I also opened multiple tabs on one page, and when I the eggs dropped, I would click on one egg in one tab, then immediatly switch over to the other tabs without checking if I got the egg, this maximizes your chances and whatnot.

Though, in the end, it all depends on your internet and how fast your pages refresh

I managed to get 8 eggs this way, 4 on my account and 4 for my little brother (who would not shut up until I helped him...)

Edited by Heartlessindigo

TJ only has two eggs of each colour, which usually suggests there is no dimorphism.

@Lurhstaap

Dimorphism, especially if it's in the mature hatchlings also, means collecting even more eggs if you're the kind of person that freezes to get all possible sprites on their scroll.

Not necessarily - it's entirely possible for a breed to have adult dimorphism but not hatchling dimorphism. So you'd then only need the usual two you'd want plus one hatchling. Therefore I would wish for no HATCHLING dimorphism, not no dimorphism. wink.gif Although for this batch it's a moot point given TJ's egg setup, as others have observed.

there's drops every five minutes on the exact mark. your system could be really slow and youre missing them. The drops are only a few seconds long with the hour mark being the longest at about 10 seconds at the most, sadly that's also the biggest lag time

i been ninja'ed lol

I found a Jungle Egg!!

Thanks a lot you guys ily xd.png

I live in the Netherlands so time zones are a liiiittle different but it's okay c:

I am so happy, I already found one yay xd.png 5 to go!