SkySong278

Sky & polar

((that's okay and I deleted my bump post. it was temporary and a help for you to easily find this thread in case you don't have it subscribed in your profile. I know how annoying homework can be because I've been there, done that))

Aryn smiled and joyfully laughed a bit when Kayden lifted her off of her feet and spun her around before she heard everything that he asked and said. "Maybe before or after the peace talks? I think my parents would be surprised at first by the news but then be happy afterward that I found someone to be happy with. Hm that would be interesting for sure and that's a perfect impersonation of him," she said in reply while letting out a small giggle at his Kayne impersonation. "I think he and Arcaena would be a perfect match but that's just my opinion." She then asked curiously a few minutes later, "Should we head back now or stay here for a few more minutes?"

Arcaena refilled her punch cup before going back over to the table where she had left Kayne and then sat back down in her seat afterward. "I was talking about the elders when I said that because they've been around since who knows when so they're very wise and in some ways perfect," she said in regards to his question and small statement that he had said before she had gone to the punch bowl to refill her cup after she had taken a sip of her newly refreshed punch. "Unless you were referring to me in that way or yourself then never mind. My mind's not working that properly because I couldn't sleep for most of the night."

"Okay," Myka said in reply as he was pulled away by her towards the back area of the table where they wouldn't accidentally overhear their conversation. He then sat down next to her after he was pulled down in that particular seat before hearing everything that she said after they were comfortable. "Me too. I really don't want this war to continue for as long as it has already. Many of my relatives have died because of it so I hope everyone can get along. Aryn and Arcaena have also seen a lot because they're much older than me but I think they're glad that a treaty is in the works so they don't have to continue watching fellow warriors fall," he said before hearing what she said last. "Hm yeah now that you mention it, it does. I guess they just wanted to be alone for a little while before the talks and food."

Edited by Dragonpelt

tsing to peace talks

——————————

After Aryn and Kayden had talked a bit more in the area that he had shown her as a surprise, she walked with him back to the wyvern camp where they were now serving lunch and once they had all eaten the meal the talks began. She wasn't sure if they were expected to be one of the ones to have a turn at contributing to them but she guessed that they would find out soon.

Arcaena also ate when the lunch was served but she didn't get a lot of food because she wasn't that hungry. She then listened as the talks began with each of the heads of the royal families of the two clans started to speak. She wondered where Aryn and Kayden had gone earlier and if they had talked about anything but she figured that she would have to ask her later when they were back at their camp.

Myka watched as Aryn and Kayden came back and wondered what had taken them so long to get back unless they had just been taking their time because they wanted to spend some more private time together but would ask her later if the curiosity got the better of him. He then ate with everyone else when the food was served and then listened intently as the talks began.

Kayden sat lazily back after the food was finished and cleared, and as the peace talks began. He knew it would largely be his parents and the wyvern leaders speaking, though he knew his father wanted him to contribute some due to witnessing the event with the dark wyverns. At some point, he realized there wasn't very much to debate - the war had gone on for so long that neither side really knew why they were fighting, only that they were supposed to hate the other species on principle.

"How do we know you won't betray us?" Aryn's father asked, looking understandably hesitant - it had been generations since the races had gotten along.

"How do we know you won't do the same to us?" Kayden's father challenged.

"You didn't answer my question."

"What if I had already though of a solution?" Kayden interjected, figuring it was now or never to suggest marriage.

"What?" His father asked, looking surprised but proud. Aryn's father shrugged, inclining his head which Kayden took as a 'go ahead' gesture.

"What if we arranged a marriage?" Kayden said calmly, fully expecting the outburst that followed.

"What?!" All four leaders said in unison, staring at him as if he had grown another head. His mother's lips twitched up knowingly after a moment.

"An arranged marriage?" His father repeated. "Between who?"

"Me. And Aryn," Kayden jerked a head in her direction.

His father hesitated, looking torn before glancing at the other royal pair. "What do you think?"

((Leaving Aryn's parents to make the decision, I just RPed them earlier to keep things moving, hope you don't mind))

"Are you insane?!" Kayne was sure his twin had finally gone off the deep end, if the withering stare he got in return was any indication. Marrying a dragon? Was he serious? It certainly seemed like it. Kayne knew his twin well enough that it didn't matter what answer he got, the fool of a warrior would go and marry her anyways. Then his parents would get ideas about him marrying a dragon too, for diplomatic reasons and whatnot, and somehow he'd end up with one of them. His eyes slid to Arcaena for a moment. There would be worse fates, he supposed...

'This is boring', Amethyst mouthed discreetly to Myka when everyone else was distracted by Kayden's so-called idea - she knew good and well that he'd go and marry Aryn anyways. In fact, she was almost certain that he had already proposed - it would explain why they were in the woods so long. Her mentor nudged her, noticing that Amethyst's focus had shifted, and she went back to focusing the drama that was unfolding.

((it's fine that you did that and k smile.gif))

Aryn immediately got worried as soon as her dad asked what he did about the wyverns betraying them and then Kayden's dad asking pretty much the same thing. She was about to tell them to please stop arguing because it wasn't making the talks very peaceful when Kayden interjected with the idea they had talked about earlier in the woods. She grew even more worried when she heard the unified question between their parents before Kayden's dad seemed to calm down first to ask her parents what they thought and looked at them to see what they would say.

Emelia and Sanin looked at each other after hearing the question before the former said while looking at him and then their kids in question, "We think that it would be a good idea especially if they'll be happy with each other and also that the war between our two clans will finally be over. We're also really tired of it and still don't really know how it even started in the first place as well as it being pointless. This would also be a good opportunity for us to hopefully get over our differences and work together to fight the real enemy that Kayden and Aryn found out that actually started this war which would be the dark elves."

Aryn let out a small sigh of relief when she heard all that her mom said before looking over at Kayden and his parents for their reactions and response.

-~-~-

Arcaena was only listening to the talks with half an ear as her mind was wandering elsewhere which was when she was 6 and what she could remember. She realized that she couldn't remember anything from then and wondered if she had lost her memory. Perhaps looking in the archives later would help her some and she thought that Aryn would be happy to help her. Her mind was so focused on those things that she didn't notice Kayne's eyes briefly slide to being on her instead of the proceedings.

-~-~-

Myka nodded a little in agreement before he noticed Amethyst's mentor nudge her the slightest bit and her attention was back on the adults, Kayden, and Aryn. He wasn't surprised at all when he heard Kayden's idea of an arranged marriage between him and his friend because he figured that it would have happened eventually and even if their parents didn't consent/give their blessing that they'd marry each other anyway. He listened to what Aryn's mom said in reply and smiled a bit when he heard that they wanted her to be happy and for them to unite against the dark elves who were the real enemy. He had always liked her because of her calm responses to everything even when she might have needed to be a bit angry instead.

Edited by SkySong278

((Let's finish this part up first))

Karson and Lillith looked at each other, perhaps less surprised than Kayden would have suggested. King Karson shrugged, glancing at his son and nodding. "Very well. If you insist, then a marriage shall be arranged. The king supposed he should have seen this coming, considering how often Kayden would disappear for no apparent reason. He wasn't angry though - it lead to the discovery of the real threat.

"Excellent," Kayden said, giving an excited grin. His parents suppressed their amusement at the obvious Romeo-Juliet situation that had gone on between the two kingdom heirs. "We can start preparations soon then."

Kayne gave a deep sigh, shaking his head in disbelief. He couldn't believe his parents actually agreed to it. That was a lie - he could believe they would do something like that. Kayne supposed the dark elves were a larger threat. Unfortunately, with the new peace, it meant he not only had to release all the prisoners, but would no doubt have many, many ticked-off dragons that would be less than pleased at his treatment of them. The next few weeks would be fun, he thought with another sigh.

Amethyst grinned, glancing excitedly at Myka. "Does this mean the war is official over?" She asked her parents.

"Well, a peace document needs to be drafted for it to be official, but all technicalities aside, it is over, after all this time," Her father said with a nod, standing to shake King Mirren's hand. "I'm excited at the new age we are about to enter, King Mirren. Hopefully it will bring prosperity and peace to both of our races."

((okay. let me know when we should ts two weeks and I'll initiate it unless you want to do it this time))

Aryn was also smiling happily and wasn't trying to hide it. Mirren and Amelia didn't hide their knowing smiles either. The latter had known for a little while that something must have been up between them because of her daughter's disappearing act of a few hours or more but didn't let her catch on that she knew what she was doing. Mirren also stood up after Karson did and returned the firm handshake with one of his own. "We are too King Karson as well as happy that the future generation will grow up in hopefully a peaceful time. Maybe the document we come up with to officially end the war should be ready to sign by the end of the week and then we should meet again to sign it," Mirren said in reply before letting go of the oher king's hand.

Arcaena snapped to attention when the talking seemed to come to a close between the royals and when she heard the semi-excited chatter of both dragons and wyverns about the war finally ending between their two tribes. She briefly glanced over at Kayne and wondered what he was thinking about before remembering the prisoners in the dungeon that were mostly dragons. She felt sorry for him and knew that the next few weeks or so ahead were going to be challenging for him with letting them go. She could suggest helping him but she didn't know if that was going to go over very well. She looked away from him to have it be on the two kings, waiting paitiently for the meeting to come to a complete close.

Myka had grinned back at Amethyst when he heard that the war was finally going to stop between them. It then faded a bit when the reality that it wasn't over between the dark elf wyverns popped up in his mind but then he squashed it before smiling fully again. This meant that they could now walk freely between the two tribes without punishment and he couldn't wait until it was officially over and done with.

Edited by SkySong278

((should we initiate the ts now or still continue with this scene until it's completely finished? just asking in case you might be lost in writer's block or the abyss))

((I changed my username and it's now SkySong278 as displayed))

Edited by SkySong278

"Well, I suppose that concludes our peace talk, though you're welcome to stay and celebrate for a while," King Karson said with a smile. "I'll send Kayden and Kayne to release the dragons we currently have inprisoned shortly and ensure that they're dressed and fed before being sent back. The same will be done for our wyverns in your custody, I hope?"

Kayden let out a breath of release at the quick resolution of the peace treaty. He'd have to go free the prisoners with Kayne, which probably wouldn't be fun, but he hoped there would be no ill will. After all, it was a war. They had all needed to play a part, willing or not.

Kayne sighed, his expression split between troubled and displeased. On one hand, he didn't have to worry about fighting anymore (against the dragons, at least), but on the other hand upon releasing the prisoners he wouldn't have many fans. Most were in there because of him, and several because of Kayden, though his twin's handling tended to be less severe, despite Kayden's fearsome reputation. But, he supposed, he'd cross that bridge when he got to it. 

Amethyst smiled. Even as an apprentice healer, she'd seen more death and bloodshed than she ever would have cared to see. Now, it seemed, the bloodshed between the two kingdoms had come to a thankfully peaceful conclusion. Plus - her brother and Aryn were getting married! She couldn't think of a way that this could have ended better. "Our matchmaking plan worked," She whispered quietly to Myka with a grin. "I'm excited to meet your healers. Maybe they have different healing methods than we do. Man, this is so exciting!" She grinned, eyes sparkling in excitement.

((Feel free to resolve & handle the time skip :D)) 

((okay and what do you mean by resolve? :mellow: I came up with this post awhile back but will edit if needed))

A few weeks or so after the peace talks and the announcement of Kayden and Aryn’s arranged marriage found both the latter and Arcaena with two guards with them, just to be on the safe side, heading towards the site that started the war between the two clans. They both persuaded Kayden and Kayne that they’d be safe with the guards and that they’d also be careful, and watchful for any dark elves that might be around there. This site was where her adopted parents had died and she had somewhat forgotten about it. She had been thinking about it lately as well as dreaming about it, as if she remembered it from when she was younger. When they arrived to it a little while later and had both shifted to their elf forms with the guards doing the same, they started to look around.

A few weeks later found Myka heading towards the wyvern camp to both spend time with Amethyst and teach some of the young wyverns there some dragon moves that he had learned from Aryn and that the former group wanted to learn. He was glad that he could go to the other camp freely now without risk of punishment as well as his fellow dragons being released from their prison. The wyverns that they had held had also been freed with little to no argument.

((edited Myka in because I accidentally forgot about him *facepalm* 😶))

Edited by SkySong278

((By resolve I just mean finish up :P))

A few weeks had passed in a flurry of activity, with the official peace document being drafted and finally signed two weeks earlier - which meant the war between the dragons and the wyverns was officially over. Since then, a new sort of frenzy had emerged in both the dragon and wyvern castles as the two species worked together to prepare for the coming marriage between Kayden and Aryn. Kayden was currently training a small group of elite dragon warriors in moves that the wyverns often used. Of course, not all fighting moves could be passed between species, since wyverns only had two legs while dragons had four, but that was the only real difficulty. He had arranged to be in dragon territory for the day, knowing both Aryn and Arcaena were at the site of the previous attack between them and the dark elves. He had allowed the girls to go with guards, but he had managed to ensure that he would be close by (and with reinforcements) in case anything happened. He knew that Kayne, who was currently working with some younger dragon warriors a few miles away, was also less than pleased with the girls going nearly without protection, but he knew better than to point that out. Even though Kayden and Kayne had reached a sort of uneasy peace since the dinner, things were still strained between them, though with each new day things seemed to be getting better. Kayne had mentioned earlier that Arcaena had seemed preoccupied with something the past few weeks after he had visited, and Kayden resisted pointing out that maybe his surly brother just wanted all of her attention on him.

Meanwhile, Amethyst was working with her mentor and the dragon healers, the four tag-teaming as they worked to come up with a quick, effective antidote to the dark elves' brand of poison. Which wasn't exactly easy, since they had absolutely nothing to go on, other than the information her mentor had gathered from treating Kayden, which wasn't nearly enough. Still, the four had managed to create a tentative formula, but it was tricky going, and compared to making it, thinking it up was the easy part. After messing up her third batch (not that the other apprentice was doing any better), her mentor suggested she go for a walk. "It'll still be here when you get back," Her mentor teased gently, before shooing her out of their workspace. She wandered the woods, turning into her wyvern form and clamoring into a tree, losing her grip and falling, flailing frantically, onto someone else. "Ung," She groaned, shifting human and rolling off whoever had acted like a mattress. "Myka?! What are you doing here, I didn't know you were coming around this week! I'm so sorry, are you okay?" She said, her speech nearly rapid-fire as she said everything in less than a breath.

((oh okay :blush:))

"I remember this place but it brings back sad memories," Arcaena said after looking around the site for a little while longer.

"I understand that. It's where your parents died, correct?" Aryn said and asked which caused the former to nod slowly.

"Yes but somehow I remember them not being my birth parents. I read something about my other parents but I don't remember where that site is," Arcaena said just before a few dark figures approached them from the woods to their right. The guards that were there to protect them moved to do just that but were knocked out.

"That's because you were too young to really remember at the time. Maybe 5 or 6 years old in human years but that was the first one. This one you were about 15 in human years," the leader said in reply with an evil smirk on his face just before he gestured with his hand to have some of his minions move to take them. Both Aryn and Arcaena backed up slightly before the latter asked with a glare, "And you would know this how?"

"Because we, meaning my pack and I, were there. We burned down that whole entire village to the ground which your birth parents died instantly in. In the center of the village was a castle and a few of my followers went inside and started a fire in the kitchen area. Your parents told you to get out which you did but they didn't make it. You're the last heir of that place. Here, your adopted parents found out something we did so we killed them and burned down the house to hide evidence. Now we've come to kidnap you and the other heir because you figured out that it was us that started the war. It'll cause even more chaos and make the war between the three of our clans last longer," Riddick said in reply before gesturing again and his minions that had moved towards them from the front now moved towards them from the back and grabbed them. Aryn let out a loud scream as did Arcaena before they were both knocked out after the leader cursed. "I'm counting on their princes to come for them but I would like them to come to our camp to do that and not here," he told them before they all moved back towards the woods from where they had come from and to their camp.

Myka was about halfway to the wyvern camp when he was fallen onto by one. He saw that it was Amethyst and blushed slightly while still lying on the ground and on his back. "I came to help train some of the wyverns in your camp some dragon moves that I had learned from Aryn. I guess you had forgotten that I had sent you a letter saying that I was doing that this week," he said in reply to her first question before hearing the second one as he got up. "Yes I'm fine. You didn't hurt me that badly," he said in reply before gesturing for her to lead the way back to her camp. He only knew the general direction of it but not entirely sure exactly where it was so he was hoping that she could help him get there.

((I don't know if they have phones in this or not but if they do, I'll edit 'letter' to be 'text' instead))

Edited by SkySong278

((:nyan:

I also sent you a pm regarding how you wanted to handle the rescue of the girls but if you've just been really busy and haven't been able to reply to it, that's fine; just a friendly reminder ^_^))

Edited by SkySong278

((we can leave it here and maybe do like a second part/chapter where Kayden and Kayne go after Aryn and Arcaena to rescue them or we can start over; whichever you feel like doing is fine with me. I figure that you’re a bit busy with nanowrimo right now as well as classes so you don’t have to get back to me on this right away))