SkySong278

Sky & polar

((Sorry, schoolwork has me down. I AM around, though.))

"Hmm..." Kayne said thoughtfully, flicking his tail as he crossed the border. "You seemed rather welcoming at first - I don't know of any dragons that would smile at the sight of a wyvern." He growled, the sound rumbling deep in his chest. "You know what I think? I think you're one of those pacifists, like my disgrace of a brother." His wyvern features twisted into an evil grin. "And we both know that speaking to dragons - or wyverns, in your case - for any other reason than to kill the other species is prohibited. Which means..." He drew out the silence, the wyvern prince always having a bit of a flair for the dramatics, "I kill you, or your race will. Take your pick. I mean, with the dragons there will have to be a trial, yada yada yada, and then you'll be killed execution style and your whole family will be disgraced. Or I can just kill you now and save them the trouble, and instead of being dishonored you will be seen as a hero." He circled the tree she had flown up to, black tail swishing around behind him.

~ ~ ~

Kayden was on break from patrols when Amethyst broke out of the forest at breakneck speed. "Kayden!" She panted. "It's Kayne. I decided to follow him into the forest to see what he was doing and now he has Aryn cornered in a tree!" Kayden growled, not even bothering to respond to his sister before shifting, launching himself into the air. He would have to deal with this situation carefully - he couldn't allow Kayne's suspicions of him to be validated. He spotted his brother and landed several feet away from him.

"Kayne." Kayden drawled out, his voice having much harsher, more dangerous edge that he usually only used for executions. "I see you found yourself a plaything." Kayne roared in response. "Yeah, one of your little dragon friends, it seems. Don't you know that friendship with them are illegal, brother?"

"Friendship?" Kayden snorted. "What have you been drinking? I know the law just as well as you do, and believe me... they're much more fun to kill than to befriend. So easy to butcher it's almost pathetic."

Kayne smirked. "I knew you'd come around eventually. You want to help me take care of it. This one has some fight in her."

"I have a much better idea." Kayden purred, thinking quickly as he drew his claws along the trunk of the tree. "Let her go gather all her little dragon friends. She'll come back - we are trespassing, after all. She comes back with a patrol, and we kill them all."

Kayne chuckled darkly. "I like the way you think, brother. But she won't bring them now. She knows the plan."

Kayden slipped into the language of the wyvern. "It's against protocol for them to not report a breach, the same as it is for us. We fall back, it looks like we leave, and then..." He darted out, pulling his claws down his brother's scales quickly, a harmless display of what they would do.

"We strike."

"I like it." Kayne grunted before glancing up at Aryn once again. "You're in luck. I'm feeling particularly merciful today, and since it seems my brother is in a particular sort of mood... I'll let you go." He chuckled to himself. "For now." He muttered, quiet enough that not even Kayden heard him. "Come, brother." The two disappeared into their side of the forest, gone as quick as they had come. There was no telling where they went - the foliage was much too thick for anyone to see past the first five hundred feet. For all any dragon could tell, they were gone. But in reality, the to had settled themselves in an old guard post, and Kayden was trying to figure out how to get himself out of the situation he had gotten into.

((it's fine and I figured you were but just didn't want you to forget to post in here is all smile.gif))

"You just happened to come by when I seemed to be in a happy mood. It had nothing to do with you approaching," Aryn snarled back in reply before hearing everything else he said. She hid her fear well from him when she heard him say that he would kill her in order to make it look like she was a hero instead of being a disgrace instead with her family. When Kayden appeared, she had to fight the urge to smile at seeing him and that ended up not being hard to do when she heard everything that he said. She knew that he was just saying all of that so that his brother wouldn't suspect him of being friends with her but at the same time, it also hurt a bit. When it appeared that they both left after Kayne said the last few things that he did, she flew off to head back to her side of the territory to report the trespassing incident.

"We have a breach at the south border close to the wyvern camp. I need volunteers to go back there with me to fight them if need be. It also might be a trap so we'll need to be on high alert," she said as soon as she stepped back into their camp and after she shifted back to her elf form. Three other dragons heard what she said and then shifted with her to fly back to the area that she had seen the trespassing wyverns at.

((if you didn't actually want that to happen, I can edit))

Edited by SkySong278

((Apologies, vacation and then life got in the way of posting. I'm still around.))

"I'm glad you've finally seen the light, brother." Kayne said quietly, speaking in their native tongue. The two were now crouched in the bushes in their elven forms, watching the border from a safe distance away. "I must say that it has been too long since we've truly got along. Pity that dragon was on the wrong side of the war, hmm?"

Kayden snorted in response. "Careful what you say, brother. Father would have your head if he heard you say something like that, though I can't find it in myself to disagree with you."

"Wrong side of the war or not, they've still got some lookers." Kayne responded, sniggering when he got an elbow in the side from his brother. "So how long do you think it'll take them to realize that they're going against the two best warriors of the wyvern clan?"

"Not too long - probably be crying out for their mothers before long." Kayden responded, inserting the appropriate amount of arrogance into his tone. "They should be here any moment. We should stay silent now."

Kayne nodded, the two brothers watching in anticipation. It reminded Kayden of when they were young and thicker than thieves - perhaps someday Kayne would see his side of the argument, but the prince felt it was just wishful thinking. Unless there was somehow a girl involved - his dog of a brother couldn't resist a pretty girl. And as loath as Kayden was to admit it, it WAS one of Kayne's only weaknesses.

((hm should I make another char for Kayne to like?))

Aryn made her way towards the area that she had seen the wyverns with the group of dragons that she had gathered, wondering if Kayden had gone to his brother's side without telling her. It would be hurtful if he had since she really liked him but another part of her was saying that he was just doing that to trick his twin. She hoped that was the case as they arrived to the clearing that she had been in earlier. "Keep your eyes open and always searching. They can be anywhere around here," she told them before shifting to her dragon form while the others nodded and did the same and then started the search.

Edited by Dragonpelt

((Sorry, life. You can make a char for Kayne, if you'd like. I think the only way he'd willingly talk to a dragon, even if it WAS a pretty female, would be if she was imprisoned and he was on forced guard duty. Doesn't mean he'd care about the rest, though I think it would make him look at things at least a little differently.))

Kayden and Kayne saw the dragons arrive warily, surveying the treeline even though the brothers were well out of sight. Kayden saw Aryn drifting to his left, and knew where he needed to go. "I'll take left, you take right." He hissed to Kayne, who nodded and slipped off silently into the woods. Kayden maneuvered easily through familiar territory, shifting silently along the way and looping towards the left. He gave a heavy sigh at sudden commotion and surprised roars. His twin was nothing if not subtle. He bounded into the battle, swinging his tail at an oncoming dragon and sending him crashing into the woods on the opposite side. His roar carried through the forest, and the dragons, recognizing him, hesitated slightly before fighting. They knew of his reputation, of course, and he hoped they would understand that his brother had forced his hand. He soon found himself circling Aryn herself, and he shot her a wink. "Sorry 'bout this." He said, quiet enough that only she could hear. "Kayne forced my hand. Can't blow my cover." He flicked his tail, unsure of what to do, before a tremendous and familiar roar filled the trees. His father had arrived, cleanly taking care of some of the dragons before rounding on his twin sons, who had slunk backwards at their father's arrival.

"What are you doing, picking fights with the dragons? Look boys, I hate them as much as you do, but you can't take on a whole patrol unit when there are just two of you. He cuffed them both roughly on the head, and looking over his shoulder, herded his sons back on to their side of the trees. "Look, I'm glad you two are getting along, but you can't take such risks. I'll be talking to your mother to decide your punishment. Understand?"

"Yes Father." They mumbled, slinking behind their father as he ambled angrily through the forest. The heard him mumbling about the foolish recklessness of youth under his breath, and exchanged slightly amused glances before looking away.

"Okay, I'm just going to say it." Kayne mumbled to Kayden. "Totally worth the punishment."

((oh it's fine. I've been busy myself so it's okay. these last couple of days especially were very busy and this weekend's going to be even more so because one of my brothers is getting married so we'll be going to Athens, GA to attend it with a bunch of other family members of mine so if I don't post at all this weekend, it'll be because of that.

about the whole thing of him being on forced guard duty, maybe that can be his punishment and my other char seeks to sneak into the wyvern camp to steal something of their's but ends up getting captured and put in the dungeon. he'll be put in charge of keeping an eye on her. if that works for you, I can start her doing that tomorrow after I make a form for her.))

Aryn saw Kayden come towards her out of the corner of her eye just before he made one of her fellow clan members fly through the trees and back towards their camp and then start circling her afterward. She blushed just the slightest bit when she saw the wink that he shot towards her before hearing what he said softly to her and nodded a bit in understanding before starting to say, "Um Kayden I -" but she wasn't able to finish before she heard the roar of a much older wyvern. She could only watch as even more of her clan members were swept away by the big tail before one of them came barreling towards her. She was able to stop him before he could hurt her and then watched as the two younger wyverns were led away by the older one who she now thought was their father. I'm really glad that I wasn't in his path. He's much scarier in person than the rumors I've heard about him have said, she thought to herself before she gathered up the rest of her patrol that were still standing to gather up the ones that were injured and to head back to their camp so that they could get them taken care of. She was sad that she hadn't been able to tell Kayden how she felt about him but perhaps she'd get the chance when they had their private meeting in a few days if that would still happen. She heard that he and his brother were going to be punished for what they did today but she also hoped that whatever punishment he ended up getting wasn't too severe or harsh and he'd still be able to get out of his camp.

Edited by SkySong278

((Oh, that's fine, I completely understand. I actually have family coming in tomorrow so things will probably be kinda hectic over the weekend anyways. Congrats on your brother getting married, by the way!

I think that sounds like a good idea, that's what I was aiming for as a matter of fact, so that works out well :3 ))

Kayden and Kayne were crammed uncomfortably on a bench outside the room where their parents where currently deciding on their punishments. Kayden leaned forward. "Dude, you have like another foot to your right. Move over." Kayne just shook his head and Kayden glared at him. "Come on, what's wrong with you? You're practically sitting on my lap."

"Fine, I'll move." Kayne said.

"Thank you."

Kayne remained motionless. "Just kidding."

"Why you..." Kayden shoved his brother over, and Kayne responded by shoving him back. They were both straining against each other until they heard their mother's voice.

"Boys, behave!" Immediately, they stilled, both sitting in the same position as before. "We have determined your punishments. Kayne, you will have to guard the dungeons for two months. Kayden, you will be training the warriors for the next two months. There will be no complaining or else you will have three months instead of two. Understood?"

"Yes mother." They mumbled, the two of them slinking away before they could get in even more trouble. The grumbled about their punishments to one another. "Prison duty! Of all the things I could have been given..."

"Well, the prisoners won't talk to you." Kayden snapped. "I have to deal with disrespectful young brats who don't know their place. Training the warriors. Ridiculous..." In his opinion, the only thing he had to look forward to now was seeing Aryn. He would never admit it, but he was starting to feel something for the dragon, and was itching to know what she tried to tell him earlier. "I'll see you later."

"See ya later, bro." Kayne said, bumping his fist against Kayden's shoulder. At least they were on good terms again.

~~Time Skip~~

It had been two days. Two torturous days of training smartmouthed young wyverns and waiting to see Aryn again. Amethyst had been kept quite busy - the recruits were quite prone to injuring themselves - but to Kayden it seemed like forever had passed before midnight of the day they were supposed to come showed up. Kayden slipped out of his bed, making his way silently to the edge of the forest where he met up with his sister. "Ready?" He whispered. She nodded, and the two of them flew to the so called "haunted" place to wait for Aryn and Myca. "We'll hide behind the treeline, just in case." He told his sister before slinking off into the shadows to wait for the appearance of his friends.

((okay smile.gif. my sister and Grandma are coming into town tomorrow but I'll have time before they actually get to the house because my brother will be picking them up from the airport and that'll take awhile due to traffic and them getting their bags from baggage claim. thanks happy.gif

okie dokie and I put up her form on the first post with my other two characters smile.gif))

Aryn had gotten back to camp with her clan mates and made sure that the injured ones went to the medical building before she went to where she knew her parents to be to let them know what had happened. After that was done, she went around to make sure that all of the responsibilities of the clan were being done before making her way back to her house. She ate a late snack and then went up to her room to read for a little while. She wasn't expected to help train until the next day so she had some free time. When it was a little later and she was more tired than earlier, she put a bookmark in her book to mark where she had left off in it, put it down, and then went to bed afterward.

~•TS•~

She had fallen into a deep sleep two days later after training young dragons, that action exhausting her enough for her to easily get some sleep, and wasn't even aware that midnight had come around until she heard the sound of small pebbles hitting against her window. She woke up then, sat up, stretched, wiped her eyes, and then made her way to the window. She opened it to find Myka there before climbing down the side of the trellis, then shifting with him to her dragon form to the area where they knew Kayden and Amethyst to be already, and shifting back to their human forms after landing close to where they were.

"Hey guys," she greeted with a somewhat tired smile with a small hint of a blush on her cheeks while Myka smiled in greeting at them as well.

Arcaena was a bit bored so she snuck out of her house and silently headed towards the wyvern territory to see if she could possibly take something of theirs. They had taken her family from her so she thought that she'd return the favor but she wasn't going to kill someone, just take a harmless trinket that she would think was pretty like a necklace or something. When she got into the wyvern's camp, she began to look around to see if there was something that she could steal. She had just gotten her hand in a nearby house's window and was taking a necklace from it, when some guards approached her. After a small quarrel or so and some fighting on her part, she was taken to the dungeons and thrown roughly in a cell.

Edited by SkySong278

((Alright, awesome! I've made Kayne's official sheet, so you can go check that out when you get a chance smile.gif ))

"Hey Aryn, Myca." Kayden greeted them both with a smile. "Even if that whole haunted thing was just a legend, this is still a pretty creepy place." He said to them with a chuckle. "Hey, what were you going to tell me earlier, Aryn?"

~

Amethyst was quick to notice the obvious attraction between the two. And Aryn wanted to tell Kayden something earlier? She hoped it was what she thought it was. The young healer dragged Myca away from the other two. "She's going to tell him something!" She squealed quietly. "It better be that she likes him or else I'll slap them both!" She threatened, even though the other two weren't even around to hear the threat. "Shh!" She shushed him unnecessarily. "Let's try to hear what they're saying!"

~

Kayne was woken rudely from his sleep by a young messenger boy banging on his door. "Prince Kayne, Prince Kayne, a dragon has just been captured by some of the guards! The head of the guards said the king put you in charge and wants to know what should be done with her." The messenger panted. Kayne gave him a cold look. "Tell the head guard I'll be down in a few minutes."

"Yes sire!" The boy ran off and Kayne slammed his door moodily, changing quickly into more suitable clothes before heading to the dungeons, muttering angrily the whole time. "Midnight and I get woken up to see a good-for-nothing prisoner. Why couldn't Kayden have gotten prison duty instead?" He slammed open the dungeon doors, and all talk immediately quieted at the appearance of the stormy Prince. "Show me the captive." He ordered.

The captive of the guard quickly stood and waved him on. "This way sire. She was found lurking around camp, I'm not sure how the patrols let her get that far." Kayne looked less than pleased. "But don't worry sire, I'm having a word with all those on night patrol in the morning."

"Good." Kayne grunted. "Has anyone tried to talk to her yet?" The captain of the guard shook his head. "Good. Don't want you bleeding hearts giving her false ideas about the wyvern's cruelty - or lack of it, anyway." The door was unlocked and he strode inside, all business. His eyes sparkled in a predatory manner, and he let the alpha male he so often was show through. A combination of that and his well known cruelty made him a formidable and terrifying sight to behold. "This is how this is going to work. You talk, I don't touch you. You don't talk, or you mouth off, and I send you back to your dragon friends in a body bag. Now, I'm only going to ask this once." He sneered, showing extended canine teeth. "What were you doing in our land, slinking around our camp in the middle of the night?" He snarled for good measure, pacing back and forth in her cell like a caged animal. The door was still open for when he wanted to leave, but there was no chance of her escaping while Kayne was inside.

Edited by polaristar

((I will make sure to do that smile.gif))

"Yes it is kind of creepy in the dark but in the daylight it's not so bad," Aryn said in reply to Kayden's statement before hearing the question and seeing Amethyst walk away with Myka to be somewhere else. "Um I was going to say that I like you. A lot," she said in reply to his question with a bit darker blush than earlier.

•~•~•

Myka just followed Amethyst over to the side when she dragged him away from where Kayden and Aryn were before hearing all that she said. He was about to reply when she told him to hush although he hadn't said anything. He just nodded and then listened to the conversation.

•~•~•

Arcaena looked from the ceiling of the cell that she was in to the hallway just outside of it when she heard the conversation between one of the wyvern princes and a head guard before she saw the former come into the cell and start pacing. She listened to everything that he said before she heard the question. "Okay and I was bored so I decided to come over here to see if I could try to steal something of your kind's. You guys took something from me so I thought that I would return the favor," she said in reply before crossing her arms over her chest and then waiting for a reaction from him on what she said shortly afterward.

Edited by Dragonpelt

((Awesome!))

Kayden opened and closed his mouth several times. He didn't expect her to say that, much less to return the attraction he felt for her. "I, uh... I like you too." He stammered out, speechless for once in his life. "So, what does this make us?"

~

"Yes!" Amethyst cheered quietly, clutching Myca's arm and bouncing up and down. "They're confessing their feelings! I can't believe Kayden actually admitted how he felt, he never does that!" She pumped her fist, still hanging on to Myca's arm. "Victory!"

~

Kayne gave the dragon a long, unamused look. "You were bored, so you decided to sneak onto our land, and steal something." He repeated slowly. "Are you sure you don't want to rethink that story?" He asked. "Because if you think I won't hold up my threat, believe me, I will." He crouched down, golden eyes sparkling with malice as he traced a finger down her face. "Do you want to test my patience?" He whispered, studying her intently.

((I like the form for him, by the way smile.gif))

"I think it makes us a bit more than just friends," Aryn said in reply as she looked into his eyes. "I think it'll also make us in trouble if someone ever finds out that we're meeting secretly like this." She added this last statement after she said her earlier one while putting a strand of hair behind one of her ears shyly.

•~•~•

Myka blushed slightly when Amethyst just suddenly grabbed his arm before hearing everything that she exclaimed quietly and had to agree about it being a victory as well as what she said about Kayden never saying how he felt because Aryn was the same way.

•~•~•

Arcaena just looked at him when he put his face closer to her as well as trailing a finger down the side of her face since she wasn't fazed by it at all. "Yep that's right and I also just wanted to test the security around here just in case I did end up wanting to kill someone in your clan," she said in reply while not flinching about his threat. She could tell that he was grumpy from being woken up but didn't say anything about that as she just continued to look at him.

Edited by Dragonpelt

((Awesome, thanks biggrin.gif ))

"Mm, you think so?" Kayden asked, cupping her cheek with his hand. "I guess they'll just never have to find out then, huh?" He said rhetorically, stroking her cheek with his thumb. "Would you like to meet, just the two of us, tomorrow night some time?" He asked her, breathing in her scent and closing his eyes.

~ ~ ~

"Come on over here, let's give them some privacy." Amethyst suggested, towing him along into the woods on her side of the territory. "Isn't it great! We didn't even have to nudge them along all that much, it just sort of happened!" She said to him excitedly, giving him an excited hug before releasing him quickly with a blush on her pale features.

~ ~ ~

Kayne snarled, standing. That was a direct threat to the wyverns - more serious action needed to be taken, including him whipping his guards into shape. "Brute!" He bellowed, watching her the whole time. A hulking man who went by the nickname of Brute (his real name was Fred) lumbered in.

"Yes, Prince Kayne?" He asked. He was huge, almost 6'6, with a heavily scarred face and was made of pure muscle.

"This dragon -" He spat out the word with distaste "- just made a direct threat. Teach her a bit of respect." He hissed, stepping back to lean in the doorframe with his arms crossed, watching dispassionately as Brute turned into a surprisingly wiry wyvern with a cunning face and wickedly sharp claws. "Take your time, Brute, and make it painful. But I don't want her dead." Kayne ordered, no semblance of pity or even hesitation in his eyes as he ordered the trained torturer to do his job. Brute nodded, ambling forward towards Arcaena with an almost eager look on his face. Kayne wasn't going to let her get hurt too badly, but when it came down to bare necessity he needed to make sure that this dragon didn't get any more ideas.

((Sorry for the torturer, but Kayne at this point is both merciless and pitiless at this point and doesn't really care what happens to her. Of course, being in charge of the guard he's going to be forced to care for her afterwards so...))

((you're welcome smile.gif. what do you think about the form I made for Arcaena?))

Aryn just nodded in reply to Kayden's question before hearing the rhetoric statement and nodded again before leaning her cheek into his hand a bit more when he cupped it. "Would midnight work again for you or would you rather meet a bit earlier than that?" she asked back in reply to his question regarding them meeting again the next day as she also took in his musky scent.

•~•~•

"I agree," Myka said in reply when they were far enough away from the other two to start talking about them and not be overheard and after he had nodded when she said to give them some privacy. He then adopted a look of surprise on his face when he was suddenly hugged and hugged her back with a blush on his cheeks before she released him and he noticed that she also had a blush on her pale cheeks. "So um when should the four of us meet together again? Two days from today or a little longer than that?" he asked after a few minutes of silence had come between them after the excited but a bit awkward hug.

•~•~•

Arcaena just glared at the wyvern prince before she heard everything else that he said. She stood up when the guard named Brute came towards her in his big wiry wyvern form but didn't look scared at all at what he was about to do. She had a quick thought of shifting into her dragon form but didn't end up doing that at all and continued to stand there in her elf form.

((it's fine and I'll let you do what Kayne wants him to do with her. I'm drawing a blank on how the former would like him to torture her so I give you permission to do that. okay that sounds good smile.gif))

Edited by SkySong278

((I liked it!))

"We could meet back here." Kayden suggested, dropping his hand with a little reluctance and turning his golden eyes to the trees. "They think they're so discreet." He said to Aryn with a chuckle, "But Amethyst has never been the most subtle of people. Dang good healer, but can't be sneaky to save her life." He said with a chuckle. "Come on out you two, I know you were listening to our conversation."

~ ~ ~

Amethyst grinned sheepishly, walking out from the woods before glancing back to make sure Myka was following. "Okay, we were. But he wanted to listen too, for the record." She told her brother. "I'm glad the inevitable has finally happened, by the way." She said with a grin. "Have either of you had any luck finding the archives?"

~ ~ ~

((Hmm... this is going to be a bit difficult since I don't usually write torture but I'll give it a shot.))

Brute started on her face first, drawing a claw down her cheek in the same fashion Kayne had done earlier and drawing blood. His mouth twisted up in a feral smile at that, showing long fangs. His claws flashed out in an almost unperceivable motion, dragging across her collarbone and slashing some of her clothes. "Keep it PG, Brute." Kayne said lazily, looking unfazed at the blood pulsing from her wounds. "And I don't want any broken bones, that just gets messy." He said with an exaggerated sigh, golden eyes watching with obvious indifference. Brute bloodied her up some more, slashing open her torso and shoving Arcaena down easily to bloody up her back. After several more minutes Kayden walked inside. "That's good, Brute, thank you." The wyvern turned back into a man, now quite bloody, and left the room with a respectful nod. "Perhaps this will teach you to watch your words around me, because after some pushing I will make good with my threats. Consider this a warning. Next time I will send you back to the dragons in a body bag."

With that he swept out of the room, slamming the door behind him and not looking back. As he passed one of the guards he gave out an order. "Make sure that the dragon gets medical service in two hours. Not before." The guard nodded as he passed, leaving the dungeon. He would never admit it, much less accept it, but he felt lingering guilt in his stomach, and the slow realization that he had become the very monster he had feared for so long.

((I'm glad smile.gif, and if you approve of this, I was thinking of having her have a very small healing ability where her more major wounds heal while she's sleeping and only when she's in her dragon form))

"Okay and at midnight again, right or a little bit before that?" Aryn said and asked in reply to what Kayden said first before she heard his other one regarding Myka and Amethyst. She nodded with a small hidden giggle and smile before Amethyst came out of their hiding spot with Myka in tow.

Myka looked a bit embarrassed when they were found out but didn't say anything while hearing everything that Amethyst said just before he heard Aryn say in reply to the question, "I haven't found it yet but I have a good idea where it might be. I can look in the suspected place later and then let Kayden know where it is at midnight tomorrow." She then turned to look at Myka and said to him, "We need to be getting back before someone comes looking for us." Myka nodded in agreement before following after her and after he had waved to Amethyst and Aryn had blown a kiss to Kayden.

•~•~•

Arcaena barely flinched when the first attack landed on her cheek and then her chest area afterward. She thought his look towards her was a bit creepy but didn't say so as all of the other attacks on her came. By the time it was all over, she was laying on the ground and was quite bloody in the areas where her new wounds were. She carefully sat up against the wall that she was closest to before hearing everything the prince said but didn't react and just looked at the cell's floor. When he left, she started crying but not because her wounds hurt; it was because she missed her family. She hadn't had a proper time to grieve for them and just vowed vengeance. After she calmed down enough, she shifted to her dragon form, went up to the beam closest to the ceiling, laid down on it, and fell asleep so that the bigger and major wounds could start healing.

((you did a good job by the way with the torture scene happy.gif))

--ts--

Aryn woke up at about 9 or so later that morning to help train the younger dragons. It was one of her responsibilities in the camp. She did that until about 12 or so and then when someone else came to take her place, she went to look for the archives building. She started to feel butterflies in her chest as she made her way there because it made her think of Kayden and their next meeting of just the two of them at midnight. She shook her head to clear the daydream that popped up at the thought of him just before she found the archives building. She made a mental note of where exactly it was in the camp so that she could tell the former later that evening and then went to get a guard, that happened to be a childhood friend of hers, to go flying with her. She was expected to have some sort of protection around her at all times because she was the only daughter of the dragon royal family and they didn't want anything bad to happen to her. Who better to do that then a friend of hers. Once she located him, they shifted to their dragon forms, and then went flying around the woods of their territory only.

Edited by SkySong278

((Okay. Sorry I didn't post - I haven't been home much in the past few days. Her healing that way as a dragon is fine - it seems like it would actually be something that both wyverns and dragons do as a sort of protection mechanism to save them from practically the brink of death.))

Kayden nodded. "Midnight exactly works just fine." He told her before nodding with a slight smile. "Good. Do your best to find it tomorrow, if you have time." He said before blushing slightly as she blew him a kiss. "You're going to be the death of me." Kayden told her with a chuckle. "See you tonight."

Amethyst waved cheerfully at Myca as they left. "Bye!"

~ Time Skip ~

Kayden was up early with the young recruits that were now old enough to learn to fight. "Listen up!" He said, ringing authority in his voice as he silenced most of the whispers that surrounded the young wyverns. "This is training! You are now old enough to fight, and you will act accordingly! I am to be your teacher, not your friend, and you will obey anything I say without question! Disobedience will bring punishment. You will have no second chances, no warnings. If you do not obey the first time, you will be punished." There was dead silence now, the teenagers staring at him warily. "Before I begin training you, I must see what I am working with. Everyone line up!" They hesitated for a moment. "What did I say about obedience?" Kayden bellowed, staring at them icily. The recruits reacted quickly, forming a sloppy line. "What kind of line is this? You're not five, you're fifteen! At least pretend you know what a line is!" He barked. The teenagers quickly fixed this. "Alright, you first, get up here." A teenager with dark hair and eyes that was taller and bulkier than his peers stepped forward.

"Why do we have to do this?" He asked with a disrespectful sneer. "Shouldn't our elven appearance be enough to tell you what you're working with, or are you just unqualifi-" He was cut off by a quick, rapid attack from Kayden, who despite being smaller had the kid on the ground within seconds.

"Do you want to finish that sentence, recruit, or would you rather do what I say?" Kayden snarled, a foot against his windpipe. The teen swallowed and nodded. Kayden scowled and yanked him to his feet. "Now, let me see you shift." He said, his voice slow and deadly cold. Inwardly, Kayden was sighing. This was going to be a long day.

~ ~ ~

Amethyst had barely been back for two hours when her teacher came in, telling her they were going to heal a dragon that had obviously served as Brute's plaything for a while. As normal, most of her worst wounds were healed, but she still needed medical attention as the dragon was beat up and had still lost a lot of blood. Amethyst had no doubt that Kayne was behind this - he would not be below ordering Brute to tear up a dragon. She had never said, but Amethyst had accidentally witnessed the obvious dragon scars on his back when she had gone to ask him a question. As she was close to a quarter of the way through her training, Master Marcus (though everyone else called him Healer Marcus) helped with much of the stitching, but for the most part let her work. He often said there was nothing better than hands-on experience, which is why Amethyst was awake at an ungodly hour of the morning with no sleep healing a dragon that had foolishly came onto their land.

"You shouldn't antagonize him." Amethyst warned the dragon quietly as she worked. "He hates being disrespected. You keep on like this and next time you might not be so lucky as to still be alive. He's my sibling, after all - I know him, and I know he'll make good on any threat he may have made." She continued. "He's not afraid of doing it to me, so nothing will stop him from torturing and eventually killing you, if you're not careful."

"Amethyst, your stitches are crooked." Master Marcus said, kneeling beside her and not commenting on the warning she had spoke to the dragon girl. "Here, let me show you." Amethyst didn't speak to the girl again, and it was another half hour before she was back home and asleep in her bed.

~ ~ ~

Kayne passed Kayden on the way to the dungeons that morning, where his twin had a snotty teen on the ground, a foot pressed against his throat. Their eyes locked and Kayne nodded slightly before continuing, entering the dungeon and completely ignoring the guard, heading towards the dungeon overseer. "Has the head guard spoke with the night guards yet?"

"No." The overseer shook his head. "He says he's going to do it tonight, when they're alert enough for the message to sink in. The healers finished with the dragon a few hours ago."

"Good." Kayne grunted, striding towards her cell again and unlocking it with his newly acquired keys, stepping inside. "Well, you seem a little worse for wear." He commented with a cruel smile. "So, are you willing to be a little bit more cooperative this morning, or are you going to be difficult again. Don't think I won't call Brutus back in again, because I will. And this time, I won't worry about telling him to keep it appropriate." He smiled again, eyes glittering maliciously in the light. "Today, I'm going to try again." He walked forward, yanking her up by her injured shoulder. "Why did you want to sneak into our camp. And don't give me that crap story you said earlier, because I didn't believe it for a second." He slammed her against the wall, golden eyes seeming to drink in the pain he was causing. "Tell the truth, and I'll consider feeding you today."

((it's okay and k awesome smile.gif))

Aryn and Zach flew around for a little while longer before heading back to their camp and landing shortly afterward. They both shifted back to their elven forms and then headed in separate directions; her back to the archives to read and him back to his post at the dungeons. When she arrived back at the archive building, she went to a section that she hadn't read scrolls from before and wondered if she could learn more about the war starting from it. As she read a scroll, she wondered what Kayden was doing and wondered if he was thinking about her or trying not to if he was doing something important like training. When she figured that it was about lunchtime or so, her stomach started to growl somewhat so she left the building and went to the mess hall to get something to eat.

•~•~•

Myka had woken up a little early that day for training and listened to Aryn's directions for the brief time that she was in charge of training them for before someone else took her place. He still did as he was told before they were given a short break to relax and stretch before they were called back to train even more until about close to lunch time and then they were dismissed for the day. He went to eat lunch at the mess hall with all of the other recruits and wondered what Amethyst was up to around this time.

•~•~•

Arcaena had been woken up, being told that the healers were coming to work on her wounds. She nodded while still in her dragon form before she flew back down to the cell floor and then shifted back into her elf form afterward. She held still when her wounds were stitched up and then listened to everything the young healer said, taking everything that was said to heart while nodding in understanding before they left and she was back to being alone for a little while. She was looking up at the ceiling while leaning against the cell wall when she heard the prince from a few hours earlier coming back to visit and question her more. She had her attention be completely on him when he unlocked the cell door and when he started to speak. She let out a small yelp of pain when she was pulled up by her injured shoulder as well as a small “oomph” a little while later when she was suddenly slammed against the cell wall. "Okay fine but you'll probably still not like it. I was testing your security and also seeing what we could do in order to improve ours if it needs to be improved at all," she said in reply with a small pained look on her face and in her eyes but there wasn't a hint of a glare in them now. She had calmed down and was also still tired only after a couple of hours of sleep but she wasn't going to complain about it because that would just give him more of an excuse to hurt her even more.

Edited by SkySong278

((Sorry for delay... will only be on mobile for a while, laptop is out being fixed.

We can ts after Kayne and Arcaena's interaction is done))

Kayne's face twitched into a slight smile, eyes glittering cruelly as he heard her pained whimpers. He held her gaze for several moments, eyes narrowed, as he determined the truth of her statement. He found no corruption or shiftiness in her gaze and stepped back, releasing her. "Thank you for your cooperation. Because of this, I'll consider feeding you today." He grunted, sweeping from the room and shutting the door with a bang. "The dragon is to be fed three times a day." He ordered the fresh-faced guard outside her door. "Make sure to observe her while she eats, make sure she doesn't try anything."

"Should I observe her while she's using the bathroom too, sir?"

"Is the one in her cell not working?" Kayne snarled. The guard shook his head. "Then unless some sort of perv, no. Dragon or no, she's still a female and you will treat her with a little bit of respect."

"Yes sir. Sorry sir." Said the young guard with a polite nod, though Kayne was unsettled by the look in his eye as he swept out of the room.

((no it's okay. sorry if I was being a bit impatient unsure.gif. I'm usually very patient but maybe it's just because I'm a bit tired. I'm not really sure.

okay about the ts and did you see my pm that I replied back with about the other group of wyverns being dark elves and would that be okay if they were that? I also thought of another idea that can happen much later as well as an idea with that perv guard))

Arcaena looked back into the prince's eyes before sighing softly in relief when she was released and then just nodded in reply to what he told her before he left again and she was left alone except for the guard that stood outside her cell. She heard a little bit of their conversation and thought to herself that if the guard tried to be inappropriate with her, she'd hurt him real badly but would probably first ask the prince's permission to do that so that she wouldn't get in trouble again. She wasn't quite sure why she would do that but she figured that it might be because it seemed that he was in charge of her. She sighed again, more so in thought than relief this time before she shifted and went back up to her temporary perch only to fall asleep once again.

--ts--

Aryn was back at the "haunted" place that was half-way between her clan and Kayden's, waiting for the former to arrive. She had some news to share with him that concerned the war that she thought he needed to know. Earlier after she had eaten lunch, she had gone back to the archives building to read some more and found out some really crucial information. She had been shocked at what she found and when she was leaving to head home to take a small nap, she had seen a very dark and much bigger wyvern than the ones in Kayden's clan and it had attacked her. She had a long scratch on her arm now that was stitched up but when she had received it, it had hurt a lot. She was immediately taken to the healer's building after the guards that had come to her aid scared it off before taking up posts around the archives building at her command. She was now sitting against a nearby tree trunk while she waited, careful to hold her arm out so as not to agitate it at all but she would stand up when she saw him coming. She knew that he would ask about it but she wasn't sure how he'd take the news of there being another group of wyverns.

Edited by SkySong278

((It's okay, I completely understand!

Yes, I did, and I like the idea. I would have responded but I accidentally deleted the PM >.< ))

Kayden arrived shortly after midnight, his hair still slightly damp from his shower. Training for wyverns was an all day affair - even though he had finished training the group at 9 that night, he still had two private sessions before he was able to leave. "Sorry I'm late." He apologized as he shifted back, walking up to her. He caught a whiff of blood, the rust-like scent hitting his nostrils and immediately causing him to worry. "I smell blood, like from a wound. Are you alright?" His golden eyes spotted her injured arm. "What happened?" Kayden asked anxiously, taking her arm gently to examine it before growling. "Who did this to you? I'll kill them for touching you."

((okay smile.gif

oh good and it's fine. I've also deleted messages from my pm inbox accidentally so I know how easy that can be to do. the other ideas I had could maybe be the dark elf wyverns kidnapping both Aryn and Arcaena that would cause both Kayden and Kayne to rescue them but that can happen when the latter two are liking each other a bit more. the other one about the perv guard can be that Arcaena can feel really uncomfortable around him and ask for Brute to be the one that guarded her instead))

Aryn stood up both slowly and carefully when Kayden came and she said in reply to his apology with a smile on her face although it was a bit pained, "It's okay. I bet you had a really long day and I understand." In reply to his first question she said with a small nod, "Yes I'm fine." In reply to his other one along with the statement he said afterward with a growl she said, "A wyvern but not one from your clan. That might be a bit difficult for you to do because you'd have to almost go through my territory or around it to get to where they live." She then looked down a bit before having her full attention be on him again and adding a few minutes afterward, "There's another wyvern pack and this one initiated the war between our two clans. They're dark elves." She then waited to see what his reaction would be to everything that she said.

Edited by SkySong278

((I like both of your ideas, I vote that we run with them. We're going to have to hold off a bit on the kidnapping, since Kayne has to at least care a little for him to go rescue her with Kayden.))

Kayden stared at her in disbelief. "Another wyvern clan? I've never heard of such a thing - you're sure it wasn't one of our own. I know of dark elves, of course, but there haven't been any seen since... the war... started..." He trailed off, eyes widening. "Oh, no." He whispered to himself, stepping back and running a hand through his hair. "We always thought the dragons started to war. But the dragons didn't start the war. My clan didn't start the war. The dark elves started the war - they succeeded, obviously, but why would they want to do something like that?" He asked, pacing back and forth and nibbling at his lip in thought. "Right now, the why doesn't matter. We need enough proof to stop the war - our archives may have something, I'd have to look. I searched when I first started to try to stop the war, but I never thought we'd be dealing with something as sinister as dark elves. How could we even miss something as big as this? You'd think that my clan, at least, would know, considering we're also wyverns."

((okie dokie smile.gif. that's why I said that it can happen a little later when Arcaena and Kayne are liking each other a bit more. the plan with the perv guard can happen after Kayden and Aryn's meeting))

"I know so because I saw it. It was right after I read about them being the ones that killed a friend of mine's parents and then us thinking it was you guys who did it, retaliated. I guess the wounds that you inflict are similar to that of the dark elf wyverns, because, well, you're both wyverns but we had no idea that there was another out there. Also I compared my wound to that of one of my friends that was injured during the ambush-like attack the other day and mine was much deeper than his. It was an elder that found out and he tried to tell the king at the time but he wouldn't listen," Aryn said in reply while also sharing a few things that she had found out while reading one of the scrolls that told of how the war started. She then heard everything else that Kayden said and asked before saying, "Maybe your clan didn't know that they existed either and that's why they didn't say anything. Hopefully your archives have something that can help like mine did and also maybe we can bring this to our parents, seeing if they would be willing to meet with each other in order to forge a peace between us and then we can fight together against the real enemy." She then added a few minutes later with a somewhat shaky sigh, "I'm scared Kayden. I think it was trying to kill me earlier so what if it finds my room while I'm sleeping to finish the job?"

Edited by Dragonpelt

((Sounds good smile.gif ))

Kayden listened as she spoke, nodding. "Yeah, I'll have to recheck the archives, they probably have something, even if my clan was uninformed about the dark elves." He agreed. "My father is a reasonable man - I'm sure if I presented solid evidence that the dark elves were the ones who started the war in the first place, he would listen to me. After all, it's hard to argue with facts." He wrapped her in his arms, burying his nose in her hair. "I know Aryn, I know. I wish I could do more, but with how things are between our clans, I can't. I wish I could protect you from them, but I can't even step foot on your land without risking execution, though I will do everything in my power to stop the war so that I can protect you like I should. And if they kill you..." He let out a deadly snarl. "I will not rest until every one of them is dead. I will make them wish they had never been born." He kissed her hair. "But this is a very unique situation. They may have been trying to send you a warning - we are in dangerous waters here, so we must tread carefully or risk falling prey to the sharks." He gave a heavy sigh. "Right now, our main concern should be stopping the war. Once that has been achieved, we can start fighting the real battle."