SkySong278

Sky & polar

"It certainly does." Amethyst agreed with a smile, becoming slightly less shy as she started to learn more about the rebels of the dragon clan. "You're a child of the crown family too? No way! Kayden, you two are like a match made in heaven!" She exclaimed, grinning cheekily at him. "Amethyst!" Kayden exclaimed in embarrassment, nudging her hard in the ribs. "What have I told you about saying things like that?" She shrugged. "Well you've always encouraged me to be my own person and to not worry about what other people think. I'm just taking your advice." She said, staring at him innocently.

"Anyways!" Kayden said, clapping his hands together. "Planning. Obviously, Aryn and Myka are in charge of seeing if there's an archive building on the dragon's territory. If not, I have allies that could help us out. Amethyst and I will look for more allies and I'll make sure to... silence anyone that might get suspicious." His eyes widened at how that sounded. "I don't mean kill them. I'd just make sure they wouldn't speak about the matter. With enough convincing people will usually do whatever you say." He said with a chuckle.

Aryn blushed a little bit when she heard what Amethyst said about her and Kayden being a match made in heaven since they were both children of the crown family before hearing what all the latter said regarding planning. Both she and Myka nodded in understanding of what he wanted them to do before they looked a bit concerned about the part of where he said regarding silencing anyone that would interfere but then they felt better after he clarified about what he had meant. "We'll do the same if anyone in our clan aren't supporters of the war ending," Aryn said with another nod and Myka did the same but in agreement to what she said.

Edited by Dragonpelt

Kayden chuckled at their concerned faces. "I had you goin' for a minute, didn't I?" He chuckled. "I'm not that mean!" He continued snickering until Amethyst hit him on the back of the head. "Oww!" He complained. She rolled her eyes at him. "You're supposed to be the best warrior ever and you whine when I smack you on the back of the head?" Kayden shrugged. "It hurt!" She rolled her eyes at him. "Sooo... what are we gonna do now?"

Both Aryn and Myka nodded when they heard Kayden's question before feeling a bit better when they heard his statement about him not being that mean afterward as well as letting out soft sighs of relief. Aryn then giggled a bit behind her hand when she watched Amethyst smack the back of the former's head because it reminded her of the times she did that to the younger dragons that she was training in their clan during their training sessions if they were too busy talking amongst themselves instead of paying attention to what she was doing. Their reactions were much similar to what Kayden did and that made her giggle even more before she heard the question that Amethyst asked afterward. "I'm not sure but maybe we can play tag or hide-and-seek before we have to go back to our proper clans?" she suggested with a small shrug as she looked at each of them in turn to see if she could see their reactions while waiting for their responses.

Kayden looked puzzled. "Tag or hide-and-seek? I haven't played those since I was very young." He said, remembering the days when he and the other young wyverns would play games. "I suppose we can play, as long it's okay with Amethyst." He agreed, looking questioningly at his little sister. Amethyst grinned. "Sure, that sounds fun!" She agreed, bouncing up and down excitedly. "Which one should we play?"

"Sure why not? It'll be a fun way to pass the time," Aryn said in reply with a small shrug to Kayden's question and statement before the former asked Amethyst if it was okay to play one of those games. Both Aryn and Myka grinned before Aryn said in reply to Amethyst's question, "Hide and seek but we have to warn you that dragons are very good at hiding so good luck with finding us."

"Well..." Kayden drawled out slowly with a wicked grin. "You are talking to the best fighter and tracker in the wyvern kingdom, so we'll have to see just how good you are." He said, an excited gleam in his eye. Back when he was just a young wyvern, tracking and fighting games had been his two favorite types of games. But before he was a warrior, he was a tracker, and that instinct hadn't faded away with time - he was still just as good as he had been when he was a wyvern pup ((yeah, that's what I'm calling them)), wyvern form or not.

Amethyst grinned excitedly in anticipation for the game she hadn't played in several years. She was eagerly looking forward to finding her hiding spot, she had been especially good at it when she was young due to her tiny size. "Let's do this thing!" She exclaimed, cracking her knuckles. "Kayden, you can count first. Count to... erm... 60, I guess. But not too fast!" She added quickly. Amethyst wasn't stupid, she knew how Kayden couls be, especially when it came to competitive games. He looked for any advantage, any loophole, it was just the way he was. "You guys ready?" She asked her dragon companions.

"Yep I guess we'll just have to see," Aryn said in reply still with the smile on her face before both she and Myka turned their attention to Amethyst and heard everything that she said. They then nodded when they heard her question and then took off deep into the woods to find their hiding spots afterward before Kayden even started counting.

((Sorry, I just got back from vacation yesterday and haven't had a lot of time to post.))

Amethyst scampered off into the woods as Kayden began to count, quickly morphing into her wyvern form and scaling a large fir tree, perching somewhere near the middle of the tree as she gripped the wood with her claws. It scratched against her fur and scales as she sat in wait for her brother to find her.

Kayden shut his eyes and began to count, slowly going from one to sixty in order to give the others enough time. While he counted, he listened, his sharp ears picking up the general direction of where his friends had headed and were intently alert for any other threats. When he finished, it was easy enough for him to pick up his sisters scent, but it went cold about fifty feet afterwards, so he went searching for Aryn and Myka, his eyes and ears on high alert as he roamed silently through the trees.

((it's okay smile.gif))

Aryn was up in a tall tree and currently in her human form, hiding behind the very thick trunk of it. She looked towards the bushes where Myka was hiding and couldn't spot him from where she was which was good. She figured that he was laying down in the holly bushes and was either still in his dragon form or in his human one.

Edited by SkySong278

((I'm sooo sorry D: My life has been so crazy I've barely had time to breathe, much less think. I'm *sorta* back now, but posts probably won't be consistent))

Kayden prowled silently through the woods, stopping suddenly and closing his eyes, lifting his nose to take a deep breath of the air surrounding him as his ears listened for even a rustle of leaves. He caught the faintest of scents, from a slight breeze that was ruffling his hair from the left, and his golden eyes snapped open. His instincts took over, he allowed them to, as his senses sharpened and his tracking senses took over, as he smoothly shifted, the awkward gait of a wyvern took over has he tracked Myka's scent before discovering him and sticking his nose in Myka's face. "Found you!"

Amethyst tensed as her brother followed her scent this way, before snorting in annoyance and turning around in search for an easier target. The younger wyvern breathed a silent sigh of relief as her brother jogged off. She was still successfully hidden - for now.

((oh it's fine. I was very busy myself this past week at work but since I also didn't want this to vanish from my subscribed threads area of my profile, thought I'd bump it in case you came back to post and could find it easier))

Aryn stayed as still as she could when she looked carefully from behind the trunk at Kayden when he came close to her hiding spot but ended up finding Myka instead.

"Aah! You got me but I bet you won't be able to find Aryn. She's very good at hiding," Myka said as Kayden found him and while also standing up to brush the leaves and dirt off of his pants.

((sorry it's so short compared to yours. couldn't think of anything else to say for the both of them and also sorry that this post is late. was helping my mom finish up in my room since we repainted it and then reorganized my furniture afterward))

Edited by Dragonpelt

((Sorry, it's NaNoWriMo - most of my writing has been dedicated to my novel))

Kayden pranced backwards with a toothy grin, letting out a huff. "She can try! I'm forced to do this in order to keep my station as heir to the throne - I've hunted more dragons than you'd believe." He gave Myka a friendly nudge before resting on his knuckles with his feet tucked in behind him, his tail waving back and forth slowly as he sniffed the air, his sharp eyes scanning his surroundings. "Oh!" He let out a snort before turning tail, his claws digging into the soil as he headed back the way he came, his nose pointed towards the air as he followed the scent straight to his sister's hiding spot, where Amethyst sat perched in a tree. "Found you!" He said with another toothy grin before flicking his tail once more as she crawled down the tree like a squirrel.

"Have you found Aryn yet?" She asked him, turning back to a human and giving him a sly grin, causing him to let out a huff. "I haven't found her yet. But I know how dragons operate, they usually stay close-by in case their companions need help - that's how their units operate." He trotted awkwardly back to where he had last left Myka, deciding to scale the thick trunk of a tree in order to see more. He wasn't expecting to very nearly crash into Aryn, reaching out to steady her so that she wouldn't reel back and fall in surprise. "Found you, haha! I told you I was the best!"

Aryn waited in the tree that she was hiding in for Kayden to come find her. She did hear when he had found Amethyst and smirked a bit when she heard that he hadn't found her yet. She stood up from sitting down on a branch that wasn't too terribly high from the ground when he decided to come and see if he could find her. He ended up doing that and she almost fell off if he hadn't took ahold of her arm to help steady her.

"Thanks and yes you did. I would've thought that I would be the first one for you to find instead of Myka," she said in reply to everything that he said with a small smile.

Edited by Dragonpelt

((Oh, that's right! Thanks for refreshing my memory biggrin.gif ))

"I'm usually a ground hunter - there's a specific part of my team that's designated to using the trees to their advantage. It's a very complicated fighting and hunting style - one that, as prince, I have mastered, but I'm still used to combing the ground for our prey, dragon or otherwise." Kayden said with a slight shrug and a grin, swinging himself easily out of the tree and shifting back into a human midfall. "We should be getting back soon - can't be out too long for risk of being discovered." He said.

Amethyst walked over to stand beside Myka, watching her brother and the female dragon-elf interact with amusement. "They'll get together eventually, mark my words!" She muttered, mostly to herself.

((you're welcome smile.gif. if this rp does die later and we can't continue it, I'd be up for either restarting it or coming up with another one. I can also see Myka and Amethyst intervene in getting Aryn and Kayden together xd.png))

"Oh okay and aw," Aryn said in reply to everything that she heard Kayden say before following him on the ground after having jumped down from the tree branch as well. She then straightened up afterward and looked towards the two younglings. "I wonder what they're up to over there," she said quietly after a few minutes. "It looks like they might be conspiring about something."

Myka also looked towards Aryn and Kayden, hearing what Amethyst said mostly to herself although he had to lean his head a bit closer to her to actually hear what she said. "Maybe we can help them along a bit with that," he said softly so that she could hear him.

((Yep. And that's a good idea, I like it. Myka and Amethyst will end up getting together in the process, lol))

Kayden shrugged, eying his sister suspiciously. "Who knows. It could be anything." Probably trying to get the two of them together - but he kept that thought to himself. He wouldn't mind - Aryn was pretty, and nice - he just didn't want to embarrass her or scare her away. "What do you say we meet two nights from now to formulate a plan as to not raise suspicions?"

Amethyst grinned at her dragon friend. "That's a brilliant idea. How do you suppose we go about it?"

((k and good smile.gif. lol yay biggrin.gif))

"Okay then I guess I won't worry too much about it," Aryn said in reply with a small shrug before hearing Kayden's question after he said what he did earlier about their conspiring friends/sibling. "That sounds good. Usual meeting spot or somewhere else this time around?" she said and asked back in reply as she looked from the younger wyvern and dragon to be on him again afterward.

"Hm not sure. I haven't thought that far ahead yet but I'm sure that with the two of us thinking of something we'll be able to come up with something together," Myka said in reply with a shrug after hearing what Amethyst said in reply to his idea and was glad that she agreed with him on it.

Kayden shrugged. "I wouldn't." He looked thoughtful for a moment. "Different spot - we don't want to draw too much attention to one area. How about the old white oak tree that's about five miles east of here? No one likes to go there because it's rumored to be an ancient graveyard, though it's not actually true, my father has said so himself. Apparently it was just a rumor spread by the dragons in order to strike fear in our hearts. Don't know why, but it worked, apparently."

"Should be easy enough." She said with a grin. "I think we're about to leave - we should probably go over and check."

"Okay then I won't," Aryn said in reply before hearing everything else he said and asked afterward. "Alright and I didn't know about that whole rumor about that area. It was probably brought on by my dad and his guards as some sort of challenge to see how many wyverns would get scared by it or something strange like that. See you in two days," she said in reply with a nod and a shrug before looking over at Myka. She nodded at him and tilted her head a bit towards the right some to signal that it was time for them to go.

"Okay and I do need to go but we can meet up again soon or whenever you can get away," Myka said in reply when he saw the signal that Aryn gave him before he waved to Amethyst with a smile and went over to where Aryn was. They then headed away from where they left Amethyst and Kayden and then shifted to their dragon forms to fly back towards their territory.

((Sorry, I forgot you posted!))

"Most definitely by one of the dragons. Hopefully one of the dragons. If it is true, we may be in for some trouble... and excitement. Anyway, I'll see you soon. It was a pleasure to meet you, Myka. I'm excited to be working with you." Kayden said kindly in his usual diplomatic way, the approach he took when he didn't know someone well enough to talk informally with them. "C'mon, A, we need to get some rest before morning."

"Sounds good." Amethyst nodded, smiling at him. "Maybe tomorrow, same spot, same time?" She suggested, eager to see her new friend again. She nodded at her brother's order, shifting alongside him and fluffing out her tail. "It was nice to meet you, Aryn!" She called to the older dragon cheerfully.

((it's okay and sorry that my post is late. crazy busy week at work))

Aryn nodded at Amethyst with a smile when she heard the young wyvern call to her and Myka had also nodded when he had turned to look at her before he and Aryn had shifted. They then got back to their territory shortly afterward and after shifting back to their human forms again, they both went to their respective houses to rest. Aryn was so tired that she just ended up falling on to her bed and going to sleep there without unmaking it or getting dressed into her pajamas first.

Edited by Dragonpelt

((okay and that sounds a bit interesting. I was thinking that we could just have them meet under different circumstances at the beginning and then go from there like we were doing before but not so kind if we were to start over. yes, that's a thing and yep that works for me smile.gif))

~tsing a day~

A day had passed since Aryn, Myka, Amethyst, and Kayden met up and played hide and go seek with each other and she was now on a solitary patrol in the woods on the dragon side of the territory to make sure that everything was still calm and peaceful. As she did this, she wondered when she might see Kayden again since she enjoyed his company very much but hasn't told him that yet.

Edited by Dragonpelt

((I have different plot ideas that I've been toying with but it's really whatever you want to do.))

Kayne's hulking form moved fluidly through the wyvern side of the forest, surprisingly silent despite his humongous size. His breath billowed in the crisp air and his tail whipped behind him in a rather lethal fashion. He slowed, his sharp hearing detecting almost no sound in the forest - unusual, as the creatures usually only quieted around others, not him. Despite his cruel personality, the creatures of the forest had some odd liking towards him. He morphed back to a human as he walked, shoes making barely a whisper on the ground. He crouched down, arm wrapping around the trunk of a tree for support at the sight of a dragon in the distance. Not a very bit one - probably a female, and he was in the mood to kill after all but losing a fight with his brother the day before.

Smirking, he straightened an ambled easily towards the dragon, no fear evident in his confident eyes. "Well well well, what do we have here?" He asked, expecting no response before he continued. "A female dragon, all alone in the woods. What should I do with you? Hmm, how about something that will piss off my pacifist of a brother, the big wuss." He paused, a predatory grin on his face. "I could, I don't know, kill you? Sounds good to me, what do you think? Oh, well what you think doesn't really matter, I'll just kill you anyway." He shifted as he walked, a smirk appearing on his wyvern features. "Good chat, good chat."

((okay smile.gif))

Aryn heard footsteps coming towards her from the other side of the territory, thinking it was Kayden and was smiling as she went a bit closer to that part of the territory with the wyvern clan but then when she heard malicious intent coming from the other person, she knew it wasn't Kayden. This must be Kayne, she thought to herself before the smile turned into a glare. "I usually patrol by myself at times and I'm not anywhere near your territory so I have no quarrel with you," she said before she heard that he might kill her just to get back at his brother as she backed up a few steps just before she shifted to her dragon form and flew up into a tree that was still on her side after listening to everything that he said. She knew that he could shift as well but she hoped that if Kayden saw her, he could come check out the reason for why she was in a tree and what the sounds of a near-future fight were coming from as well as who was causing it.

Edited by SkySong278